Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2019, 05:54 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bandon , Oregon
Not sure how, but the pix I attached obviously changed orientation when posting.
RicknTrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #22
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teton Stream View Post
PCSkier, read your post and thought I would share with you the outcome of installing an accumulator in my 2017 23FB to cut down on pipe noise. I did the same think on my 2010 20' FC Bambi and it worked perfectly. I tried it on my 2017 23FB and the water pressure went pear shaped... anemic pressures. When I called JC they informed that in the Bambi they installed pressure cut off pumps and in the 23FB they had installed variable speed pumps (speed of pump reacts to pressure needed versus demand pump on 100% until pressure reached). Took out the accumulator tank and pressures were back to norm... noise still present.

FYI
Thanks for this. I think I've read about that, but mine is a 2014 and that's the old on/off pump so I should be OK. I might even just get a new pump. But meanwhile, I noticed something on my last trip. The banging pipes in the shower seems to dissipate quite a bit once the shower has been used and the pipes that service it are full of water.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' International
Orland Park , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicknTrish View Post
Update: After removing the cover, here's what I have (see pix). The plumbing actually sticks out beyond the plane of the wall, and I don't see any obvious way to fix that. Pushing on any part of it doesn't reveal hardly any "give". Even if I tried planing the right edge of the opening to enable the red plastic plumbing to better fit inside, no guarantee that it would do that, and it wouldn't change the orientation of the main middle section that includes metal attached directly to the backside of the shower fixture. That entire middle section breaks the inside plane of the wall by about an inch, and it's not moving. Don't know why some others have apparently more flush plumbing in their closet holes - did their showers get secured an inch farther away? Don't see how that's possible, given the close tolerances on everything else that the shower contacts - walls, doors, ceiling, floor - everything has to align to a template.

I'm going to see if I can find a shallow plastic container of some kind that will fit over the hole, but still provides about 2 inches of depth. Would still gain a little space on that side - the OEM box is a good 4" deep.

I believe you would have room after adding the cabinets from Home Depot, you may need to measure the cabinet and cut an opening to match the plumbings intrusion, than cover the new opening with something thin. Our plumbing was not flush but was not as far into the closet as yours. If you look at the picture I added earlier you can see the cabinet is flush to the closest framing as long as your plumbing doesn’t extend beyond that you would be good.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:59 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bandon , Oregon
Yes, saw your pix, and I intend to do something like that (and still cover the protruding plumbing). Will still be an improvement on storage options in the closet (for the way we use it).
RicknTrish is offline   Reply With Quote