Old 09-05-2020, 05:46 AM   #1

2021 25' Globetrotter
Mc Farland , WI
What's in the "box"

New to the forum, and have a new 2021 25" globetrotter ordered.

Bedding question - Does a new airstream bedding come with sheets? Or, is that something I need to plan for?
tkbavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:04 AM   #2
Grace the Airstream

2020 27' Globetrotter
Powhatan , Virginia
Welcome to the forum and the family. I believe you will need to supply your own sheets.

Our 2020 did not come with sheets.
pdavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:38 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' International
Evergreen , Colorado
I think dealerships vary considerably in what they provide with a new trailer purchase. Airstream of Chicago provides a power cord. That’s it. I’ve heard that some other dealerships provide a starter kit with hoses, etc.

2020 International Serenity 23 FB "Sparkle Plenty"
2018 GMC Denali 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:24 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Congrats on your new AS. Post some pictures when you get it. And also welcome to the forum.

Regarding the bedding we supplied our own with the exception of the bedspread.

Best wishes!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I didn't get much.
The crank for the jack, maybe a sewer fitting, but not hose, and the awning rod.
If you're starting from scratch, look into Beddy's. It's like a sheet set married to a sleeping bag. Zip it closed and the bed's made.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Suggest looking at Airstream store for custom fitted to their mattresses sheets with pillow cases. We have their 600 thread count cotton sheets in both the 2013 25FB International Serenity and currently in our 2014 31’ Classic with twin beds. We have over two yearS sleeping in the Classic and these custom fitted sheets in both models held up well.

Our Classic stock mattress was 7” but we ordered 8” mattresses and the sheets fit perfectly. Same results in the 25FB with a thicker mattress.
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1998 25' Safari
Willard , MO
AB lifestyles has Airstream custom fitted sheets, ect.
Jswill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Pala , California
Those AB sheets are like $100 a set!

I'm perfectly happy with some quality queen sheets I paid ~$30 for. They fit and stay put perfectly!

Amazon has lots of options!

Trav
TravisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:21 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Volente , Texas
Yes, I have the AB Lifestyles sheets. They fit the odd size mattress perfectly. 3 1/2 years later, they still look great.

Some say they are expensive, but what's an extra $50-$70 or so for sheets that fit after buying a trailer that's in the neighborhood of $100K?

If you want sheets for the table that makes into a bed, they will make them. When I asked about it they didn't have the measurements at that time, but would make the sheets if I sent them in.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Another vote for AB, for my 2020 25’ GT FBT got their mattress pads and bottom sheets. For covers I put the bedspreads in storage and using standard twin duvets with white cotton zip covers
Czarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #11
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
No. Depending on the model, the mattress may have a curve in it or be a strange size. Many people thunk the mattress is cheap and uncomfortable. Ours was. We put a foam topper on it and that greatly improved the comfort. Some people claim the toppers are too hot, but we had no problem. You may find the "queen" size mattress shorter than you are accustomed to. Same for other sizes too. Ours came with an old fashioned bedspread that we immediately stored and sold with the trailer, never used.

So, bring some sheets and blankets and pillows and as you get used to things figure out what you want. We had the transverse bed in the 25' FB and by putting a bolster (my wife made a custom one and I fashioned a plywood board to put inside to make it firm) at the head and extended the plywood support at the foot, moved the mattress down about 4 or 5", used regular fitted queen sheets on it without a problem—we are both tall, so otherwise our feet hung over. We bought a factory second Pendleton queen blanket and used it for a bedspread. The Indian inspired pattern fits well in a shiny Airstream. I'd rather use standard sheets and improvise and have a nice bedspread, though you will have to travel to the northwest to find a Pendleton store that carries factory seconds.

We did not get anything from the dealer for free. No sewer or water hoses. Our jack came with a crank if the motor failed, but some newer jacks do not. Many dealers do not do a very good job i s wetting up the trailer. The walk through is very important. Some people make a video. You will not remember a lot of it and if they shortchange you on time, ask for more. Often the batteries have been mistreated at the dealer and yours may not last long. Often the hitches are not set up well. It is best to camp near the dealer for a few days so you can check out everything yourself and get it fixed right away. The dealer is supposed to do a final and thorough check before they sell each trailer—Airstream used to pay them for that, but I don't know if they still do—but some dealers just do a quickie and miss a lot.

You will need more things than you probably know about. If you want, you can pour money into your very expensive trailer, but that will be less money for retirement. There are usually threads around about how to prepare for a new trailer. There is a steep learning curve. For example, don't buy the cheapest sewer hoses, but the midrange version works well enough. If you have no experience towing, you will survive, but it takes time, especially learning to back up. There are books available on how to do these things and any preparation will be rewarded by less anxiety.

Good luck with your new toy. If you are handy with tools, life will be easier for you. RV's break a lot and parts are expensive. We enjoyed 63,000 miles of travel with ours, but had periods of frustration and had to deal with a really bad dealer, so I hope you have at least as much enjoyment and no frustrations.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waitsfield , Vermont
Send a message via AIM to Vermontmary
What’s in the “box” does really depend on the dealer... when we bought our lightly used flying cloud from Colonial, we were delighted to have the basics we would need to set up to camp right away...sewer hose kit, tablets for the black tank?(I think!), etc, even a copy of Rich Luhr’s first book on the basics of Airstreaming...a Very Useful resource!
No sheets, just bedspread and decorative pillows, which are standard Airstream equipment.
Have fun getting to know your new trailer...hold off on buying too much until you figure out what you need—you can go “shopping“ in your basement for starters!
Vermontmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:49 PM   #13
Toaster Life

2010 23' International
Tucson , Arizona
We have a 23 foot with a rear bed in the corner, a bit awkward to get in and out of but we liked the layout. I took a car sun shade and use it as a bumper - (rolling into cold aluminum at night can be startling), and the silver bumper against the interior skin is nicely camouflaged. It was a first step for comfort. Making a traditional bed was even more awkward than climbing in and out from the corner.

In stead of regular top sheet and blanket we went the European with duvet and duvet cover with a regular bottom sheet. Because space is limited we went with a single bed duvet cover and it covers us both fine without dangling over the edge too much. After a lot of research we found the best place to buy duvets and especially the duvet covers was Ikea. Very inexpensive, large selection of colors and designs and they wear well. Making the bed is so easy now. Give the cover a good shake fold it in half and place on the bed - it looks tidy. Duvets come in many different insulation capacities, so you should find one that works for you.
Toasterlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Sarasota , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbavery View Post
New to the forum, and have a new 2021 25" globetrotter ordered.

Bedding question - Does a new airstream bedding come with sheets? Or, is that something I need to plan for?
WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY! We all know how to have fun and help one another. This forum is must read everyday. See ya on the road. We are on Instagram as @airstreamtrippin
Gigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #15
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
Oneway to make a regular sheet into a fitted sheet: Take a pair off suspenders and cut and/or take the crossover out. Then place the sheet on the bed and fasten the 2 loose straps in an "X" fashion on the bottom sides holding the corners. It works for mattress pads or heated pads also.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #16
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by guskmg View Post
Oneway to make a regular sheet into a fitted sheet: Take a pair off suspenders and cut and/or take the crossover out. Then place the sheet on the bed and fasten the 2 loose straps in an "X" fashion on the bottom sides holding the corners. It works for mattress pads or heated pads also.
guskmg
Then, get in bed before your pants fall down.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 10:05 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Hooper , Utah
Most trailers have a "modified queen" that is about 6 inches shorter than a regular queen. Most mattresses that coming with a trailer is junk and not comfortable to sleep on. First thing, in my opinion, is to take the mattress out and replace it with a standard queen that meets your comfort level. I have a 27 foot international with a queen and it provides walking room with the full queen.
Next thing is to purchase a heated mattress pad for your queen bed. You will never get cold again in the trailer at nights provided there is power. You can use all of your sheets from home too so there is no need to purchase expensive special sized sheets that fit a "trailer queen" mattress.
A lot trailer dealers provide an in-house purchase card for a fixed amount of about $100 for any supplies you need. Your "needs" will only be determined once you use the trailer, etc sewer hoses, water hoses for drinking water, wheel chocks, hitch lock, leveling blocks, water pressure regulator, RV toilet paper, black and gray water treatments, and the list goes on.
Enjoy your new adventure.
albret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #18
Fast Learner

2021 23' Flying Cloud
San Jose , CA
Welcome TK! Fellow newbie here - we're taking our test run this weekend after two weeks of prep and practice. As most have stated, our 2021 Flying Cloud also did not come with sheets. We ordered ours from the good folks over at AB Lifestyles (https://www.ablifestyles.net/airstream-essentials). They custom make sheets for every Airstream mattress based on model and were about half the price of the sheets at the Airstream Supply Company. Good luck! Have a great time!

Building Technology is how I've made a living... Creating Community is how I've made a life.
Bay Area transplant with deep roots in the South
TonyaJLong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2020 20' Bambi
Putnam , Connecticut
Are you handy?

If you are a handy person, you can easily make quick fixes to regular fitted sheets. We find using a duvet is much easier than a top sheet.

As suggested earlier, shop your house!

Last year, Our dealer supplied a very nice starter box with hoses etc. Their suggestion was to leave it as an emergency backup box. The wonderful salesman suggested a few items and we got great advice from Sean and Kristi of Long Long Honeymoon. They have great “newbie “ videos.
Carl n Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 09:35 PM   #20
JacKim

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Clifton , Texas
curved mattress sheets

I have a 2017 25' FB Twin so the mattresses are curved. In lieu of buying expensive custom sheets, I buy regular twin sheet sets and use sheet suspenders (Walmart - about $7) and use 2 suspenders per mattress. This idea came from Air Forums 3 years ago. Thanks Air Forums.