Old 10-20-2019, 05:42 AM   #1
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
Blandford , Berkshire Hills of Western Mass.
We are finally legit

Not the wife and I so much as we have been "legit" since 1987, I was referring to finally owning an Airstream instead of just sneaking around this site trying to gain intelligence on the subject.

We went with the 2020 27FBT Globetrotter. She's a thing of beauty & a joy forever. We purchased through Colonial in NJ. Very happy with Nick Lenzo (salesman) and the dealership as a whole.

Very excited for the adventures ahead of us. We joined Harvest Host & Passport America and "won" a 1 year subscription to Good Sam club. I am on overload with all that must be learned to delve into these new waters.

I will be seeking the collective knowledge & wisdom of this site often.

Thank you in advance.

Spurlucky
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0288.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	670.7 KB
ID:	354554   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0285.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	713.9 KB
ID:	354555  

Name:	IMG_0280.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	616.4 KB
ID:	354556  

Spurlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Lexington , Kentucky
Nice Airstream, I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. One of the first things I got for ours was a "ship's log", a book that keeps details of all your adventures. I got mine off Amazon, been happy with it. It's very handy if you go back to the same spots. You'll know where the stores are, places you've visited and many other things.

Good luck, happy adventures.

Rich & Yvonne
2006 Safari SE -Dora-
2004 4Runner SE

Most of us don't know exactly what we want, but we're pretty sure we don't have it. -Alfred E. Neuman
richw46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
Thank you rickw46. I will seek that out.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1961 16' Bambi
Everywhere , Minnesota
Beautiful!

I really do not know what else to say.
We have been looking for some time and have decided that a Globetrotter is the most appealing interior. It is warm, rich, and relaxing.
We were considering the 27' FB and then when the 30' RB was announced we had to take a closer look at that as well; now we are having to decide on length, space, and so on - UGH! Dublin Slate Dark Walnut interior of course.
Can you tell us, via the Forum thread, why you chose the Globetrotter and the length as well?
Did you look at Classics or Flying Clouds?

How was your experience with Colonial? We have had brief email conversations with Mr. Lenzo as well and felt very well treated.
Please keep us informed, if you would be so kind, through this thread as to your experiences with your new nirvana-on-wheels.
Enjoy and happy trails. Jeff and Kathy - Renascence.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renascence View Post
I really do not know what else to say.
We have been looking for some time and have decided that a Globetrotter is the most appealing interior. It is warm, rich, and relaxing.
We were considering the 27' FB and then when the 30' RB was announced we had to take a closer look at that as well; now we are having to decide on length, space, and so on - UGH! Dublin Slate Dark Walnut interior of course.
Can you tell us, via the Forum thread, why you chose the Globetrotter and the length as well?
Did you look at Classics or Flying Clouds?

How was your experience with Colonial? We have had brief email conversations with Mr. Lenzo as well and felt very well treated.
Please keep us informed, if you would be so kind, through this thread as to your experiences with your new nirvana-on-wheels.
Enjoy and happy trails. Jeff and Kathy - Renascence.
We fell in love with the dark walnut cabinets & although we liked the white at a glance, we knew they would take a beating with the grandkids and Charcoal Labrador. So Dublin Slate is perfect.

We wanted and FB for better views from the backside. The Classic is gorgeous but the cost was a lot more and I thought the weight was bordering too much for my ton Tundra . She pulled the 27FB no problem.

The Flying Cloud interior was not as appealing to us. Just didn’t make our hearts go pitter -patter like the GT.

We added An extra AC unit & solar from the factory. I think Nick told me they order all the 27’ & 28’ with the optional AC & solar installed from the factory.

I would not hesitate to deal with Nick Lenzo and Colonial again. Top notch. If you have the time to decide I would recommend going to the Hershey PA RV show next Sept. I saw the 30’ Globetrotter there and she was a pretty thing but I could not decide if I liked the layout, especially the table location. Way more seating though. Go to see them at Colonial. Not pushy at all, good people.

Thanks, jump on in. The water’s fine.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1961 16' Bambi
Everywhere , Minnesota
Spurlucky,
Thank you for the reply and the great information.
We have looked at Colonial's website for weeks and every time we gravitate to the Globetrotter and away from Classics and Clouds. We really cannot wait to tow our own.
Hershey, PA rv show timing does not work for us too well, but by the time we get to Colonial next summer they will hopefully have 30's in stock to consider.
We too like the seating space, but not wild about the table size - compromise maybe.

Would you mind one more question? Did Colonial recommend a hitch or did you have one picked out and did they install for you and what brand/type?
Thank you, and again enjoy that special space and all the new places.
Jeff and Kathy - Renascence
Old 10-22-2019, 08:18 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 28' International
Ofallon , Missouri
Congrats and welcome to the family!

Have fun and be SAFE!
Old 10-22-2019, 08:59 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
Congrats! We love our 27fb in Dublin Slate (queen). We're vintage to the core but love the modern amenities and the warm rich colors. So far overall a very good experience.
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 03:49 AM   #9
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renascence View Post
Spurlucky,
Thank you for the reply and the great information.
We have looked at Colonial's website for weeks and every time we gravitate to the Globetrotter and away from Classics and Clouds. We really cannot wait to tow our own.
Hershey, PA rv show timing does not work for us too well, but by the time we get to Colonial next summer they will hopefully have 30's in stock to consider.
We too like the seating space, but not wild about the table size - compromise maybe.

Would you mind one more question? Did Colonial recommend a hitch or did you have one picked out and did they install for you and what brand/type?
Thank you, and again enjoy that special space and all the new places.
Jeff and Kathy - Renascence
They recommend the Equalizer hitch and installed it there to fit the truck. Not as complicated as I thought it might be, I would still recommend videoing the training of how to set it up each time.
Scott the Bruce
Old 11-19-2019, 03:55 AM   #10
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
The Silver Tuna!

View from the Silver Tuna!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0345.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	356515  
Old 11-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Denver , North Carolina
New Globetrotter

Congratulations on your new airstream. We love our 27ft 2019 GT, I'm sure you will also. We bought ours from Colonial as well, they were a pleasure to deal with.

I noticed in your pictures that your wheels are only chocked on the back side of the tires, you really need to chock the front and back, preferably on both sides of the trailer.

Name:	CHOCK_USE_WEB.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	356578

Happy Travels
Dave S
link2dks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #12
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by link2dks View Post
Congratulations on your new airstream. We love our 27ft 2019 GT, I'm sure you will also. We bought ours from Colonial as well, they were a pleasure to deal with.

I noticed in your pictures that your wheels are only chocked on the back side of the tires, you really need to chock the front and back, preferably on both sides of the trailer.

Attachment 356578

Happy Travels
Dave S
Thank you, didn't think much of it but they're cheap insurance so I'll get some more.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Apollo Beach , Florida
Congratulations on your new 27' Globetrotter. We upgraded from a 2017 25' Flying Cloud to a "factory demo" 2018 27' Globetrotter late this summer from Hadocy. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Ours has the grey interior which we prefer for the brightness. We love having the walk-around queen, the propane stove with a separate microwave, the drawers under the kitchen sink, the larger pantry and the bigger closet. The only downside to our upgrade is that the 25' fit better in tight campsites. We too think the 27' Globetrotter is a thing of beauty and have no desire to go bigger.
(Daytona 2/20)
AirMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:31 AM   #14
Scott the Bruce

2020 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMiles View Post
Congratulations on your new 27' Globetrotter. We upgraded from a 2017 25' Flying Cloud to a "factory demo" 2018 27' Globetrotter late this summer from Hadocy. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Ours has the grey interior which we prefer for the brightness. We love having the walk-around queen, the propane stove with a separate microwave, the drawers under the kitchen sink, the larger pantry and the bigger closet. The only downside to our upgrade is that the 25' fit better in tight campsites. We too think the 27' Globetrotter is a thing of beauty and have no desire to go bigger.
We came to a similar conclusion. Small enough to maneuver but large enough for long term travel. If I ever see a change in the future it would be two leather recliners. 99% of the time we envision it just being the two us.

Congratulations to you as well and have a blessed Thanksgiving.