Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Hailey , Idaho
New member seeking info on yearly feature changes

Hello my wife and I are looking at a 27 foot AS and like the International and the Globetrotter. However they were very limited in supply and I would prefer to buy a used one going back perhaps 5 to 7 years. Is there a way to tell which models over the last several years would be comparable with either of these two current models. Also is there a year where Airstream made upgrades that anyone would say would be a must have so as not to go earlier than that year. Hopefully this makes sense and let the beatings begin!
Fishski2470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 08:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Well, if I were in your shoes and wanted an Airstream long term, I would definitely want the composite floor, which just started rolling out late last year and early this year. If you do that, your choice is limited I know, but I consider that the only game changer in the last 10 years. Some consider ducted air a game changer, maybe 2014 for that, but I have lived with non-ducted air just fine. The rest is fly specs in the pepper.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 09:47 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Rome , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuechte View Post
Hello Everyone. Over the years I have slowly been putting together my own document to track all the changes Airstream makes to the trailers. When I was first looking to purchase a used trailer I didn't know which model years to look for, and decided to start building my own "one safe source" for this type of information. As I have searched around it seems others could utilize this information as well. I have decided to share it so everyone can benefit, and hopefully create an even better document with everyone's input. I have created a google sheets document which anyone can view (and I can edit to avoid it getting messed up). I have most of the changes for the past 10 years, but if anyone has any input for older models, or corrections to what I have please post it here, and I can update the document. I am sorry I have never been interested in the vans so I never tracked that info, but we can add it if others can supply it to me. I hope this is useful to others, please let me know what you think.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Josh
I found this Google Doc to be helpful in comparing changes.
mediaman is offline   Reply With Quote