Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2023 30' Classic
Denver , North Carolina
Medicine Cabinet Mirror Height Adjustment

I have seen a few people posting ways of modifying the hardware that holds the medicine cabinet mirror open with springs or gas struts. I don't know if they all originally had the same hardware as the 2018 and newer Globetrotters have, if they do here is a fix for adjusting it's opening height. The Globetrotter uses the Blum Aventos HK-XS "lift mechanism".

The first picture shows the arm detached from the mirror/door. The second picture shows the slide latch to release the arm from the mirror/door. CAUTION the arm is under a lot of tension when you release it be careful! It is easiest to release the arm with the mirror/door about half way closed. The third picture shows the phillips adjusting screw with arrows indicating more or less spring tension, below the adjusting screw is a numerical scale window to enable adjusting both lift arms to the same amount of tension.

After some trial and error adjusting I was able to raise the open resting height of the mirror/door to about 1 inch from the ceiling keeping me from banging my forehead into the bottom edge when it's open.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror Arm Detached.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	350254

Name:	Release Slide.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	350255

Name:	Adjust Screw&Tension#.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	350256

Dave S
link2dks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Dave,

I just made my adjustments today and it works like a charm. I think I ended up at about 6.5 on the adjustment scale. The other benefit for me is that with the opening up higher I get more light into my cabinet from the open skylight outside the door (I don't have the motion sensor lights as you do at this time).

Great idea / info!

Jim
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote