Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2021, 07:46 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
Lightbulb Gt 25 rbt

I know, I know....AS doesn’t offer the RBT in the 25 for the Globetrotter line, just the Flying Cloud & Interstate, neither of which we like nearly as much as the Globetrotter line. There are just things with the Globetrotter that we like such as the wrap around cushioning at the head of the beds and back seat wrap around cushioning at the dinette, the dinette table configuration having about 5 different arrangements (1 being without the table tops altogether) with 2 separate table top sections as well as removable legs, the ledges behind the seat backs along the sides of trailer to sit beverages on, the airline style overhead lockers with indirect lighting above them,.....🤔I can’t think of anything else yet, but I’m sure there is more. I don’t really card for the vinyl woven floor covering (prefer the International look there) nor a fan of powered awning and stabilizer jacks (just another mechanical thing to break down). My wife and I are one of those fewer peeps that prefer the berthing to be in the rear of the cabin and the dinette/lounge area in front. And we greatly like the larger toilet/bathroom sink compartment that the RBT has over the FBT (if AS would make that bathroom the larger on the FBT, we might consider that). And, yes, I am aware that the larger bathroom means a smaller side lounge seating are and 1 less window there, something that is ok with us. I know to each their own, and AS (Thor Industries) is in the business of making what sells best, but this is one of those “I wish” moments I’m having here.....
Anyhow...happy trails to all, and to all a happy new year! May 2021 be MUCH more pleasing than what 2020 was!!!
RichAnthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 06:36 AM   #2
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
When I was in the 'looking phase' many suggested going to the RB in the International for weight issues and the rear storage. My better 3/4 suggested that she hated the interiors in that line. The GT was what she liked.

My view is:

When I push into a site 99% of the time the best view is out the back.

Where our dinette/lounge area WILL be.

Personally I don't lay in bed with the drapes open (not judging) so that is not an issue.

Conversely, if somebody messes with my TV they will be doing it right by my bed.

On order...

Love the GT finishes. Mostly we are moving up for the Queen bed from a 20 FC, and we always lusted after that dinette with the wrap window!
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote