Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2022, 07:22 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemedia View Post
I agree. My first AS was a 19'FC, then I moved up to a 23' Int'l CB "Ocean Breeze" with the transparent sliding doors. I really hate seeing all the stuff in the cabinets! And the one overhead cabinet in the CB, you can barely fit something like a backpack through the opening.

Anyway, I'm with you on seeing all the stuff!
Itís nice to have company. Glad someone else feels the same way I do about something. LOL

I wonder if anyone has tried to cover the back side of the transparent doors with anything in order to fix this issue?
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:11 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 16' International CCD
Vintage Kin Owner
Somewhere , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I think the base MSRPs are up for all models. The new International 23FB base is over $100K. I donít think that was the case when I bought mine in 2020.

We had a 2008 23í Safari SE, with the panoramic window, which was the immediate predecessor to the Flying Cloud line the following year. Fully optioned up the list price was $55,000.

Adjusted for inflation, this would be about $73,000 today.
field & stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:15 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg Dorsch View Post
I just got my call today - cancelled my order that was placed on 8-24-2021.

Pushing me to an International 23FB with twin beds.

not happy at all!

I got the call this week telling me my GT 23 FBT I had ordered in Oct 2021 has been cancelled.

I ordered a Ford F150 Limited in antimatter blue to match the AS Barcelona Blue interior.

I cannot tow the 25 GT twin without risking payload overload of my tow vehicle. After deducting hitch weight, my payload has been reduced from 780 lbs for the GT 23 FBT to an unacceptable 415 lbs. for the 25 FBT. At this point I cannot upgrade my tow vehicle to a 3/4 ton for the 25 GT FBT and cannot change color to match 23 FC or International.

Shame on Airstream for cancelling orders it accepted 6 months ago. I can understand discontinuing a model for any business reason, but cancelling customer existing orders it accepted in good faith shows a lack of integrity, hurts its customers, and damages the quality of its brand.
Carl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:27 AM   #24
Charlie

2016 25' International
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Canaan , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl100 View Post
I got the call this week telling me my GT 23 FBT I had ordered in Oct 2021 has been cancelled.

I ordered a Ford F150 Limited in antimatter blue to match the AS Barcelona Blue interior.

I cannot tow the 25 GT twin without risking payload overload of my tow vehicle. After deducting hitch weight, my payload has been reduced from 780 lbs for the GT 23 FBT to an unacceptable 415 lbs. for the 25 FBT. At this point I cannot upgrade my tow vehicle to a 3/4 ton for the 25 GT FBT and cannot change color to match 23 FC or International.

Shame on Airstream for cancelling orders it accepted 6 months ago. I can understand discontinuing a model for any business reason, but cancelling customer existing orders it accepted in good faith shows a lack of integrity, hurts its customers, and damages the quality of its brand.
I agree 100%. I sent a letter to Airstream expressing my disappointment in them for cancelling the GT orders. I let them know that there is demand for smaller luxury trailers. I also let them know how disappointed we were in the changes they made to the International. We loved the interior of the GT and we really aren’t in love with the International.

The International we looked at had rubber trim around the upper cabinets (where the opening is near the sliding doors). It was cold outside and the rubber had shrunk and pulled away from the cabinet looking horrible. Our 25 International has extruded aluminum trim. It not only looks nicer but is durable for taking things in and out of the cabinet.

We are so heartbroken that we won’t be getting our 23’ GT FBT and that we have to settle for the International. We did order the International but since Airstream is behind in their orders we may end up looking for a used GT or something entirely different. We wanted something a little shorter, narrower with less tongue weight. We’ve had a 30 footer and really don’t want the length with just the 2 of us.

Airstream should honor all orders placed prior to their announcement to discontinue the GT 23. What they did is show their customers that they aren’t concerned with customer service.

Shame on them!
dbms_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:36 AM   #25

2022 23' Globetrotter
Santa Barbara , California
Regarding cancellation of your 2022 GB23fbt. You had placed your order back on Aug 24, 2021 and they still cancelled your order? Had you put down a down payment and had they given you a vin number yet? This is very concerning that AS would cancel an order that old!!
Bluegill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 06:43 PM   #26

Currently Looking...
Gulf breeze , Florida
Could be a class-action lawsuit on their hands.
Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:40 AM   #27
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
I suspect they decided that with parts shortages they preferred the higher profit margin/larger trailers and the same parts going in the smaller trailers was sucking them dry.

I also suspect this was not a good move as the 23 is a universal great pick for a ton of people who wanted the beautiful GT interiors but didn't want or need anything larger.

I would be very upset were it my order.

Fortunately we decided on the 25 instead and got ours last year (Dec 2020 order June 2021 delivery). And our 3/4 ton Denali. Fortuitous on our part. (Blind dumb luck to the enth...)

Were the 23 the order now and I got that note I would NOT go to the International. We really did not like the interiors and were not pleased with what they did on the FC when they took out the curved cabinet doors like our 2015 had.

Now we are waiting on a 2021 Yukon we ordered in Dec. last year. Same problem. Parts.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:22 PM   #28

2020 19' Bambi
Morgan Hill , CA
Ordered the 23 Globetrotter FBT, was told it was being discontinued, and I could change my order to a 23 FBT International or Flying Cloud (the twin beds are being added to these models). I lucked out though. One of the last 23 Globetrotter FBTs came into my dealership and I bought it!! Not the decor I was looking for but I'm okay with that! it's the options of the Globetrotter and the twin beds I was looking for.
MiniGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:31 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
DALLAS , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I think the base MSRPs are up for all models. The new International 23FB base is over $100K. I donít think that was the case when I bought mine in 2020.
Both the dealer in Fort Worth, Tx and Buda, Tx have said that for the last 2 years, Airstream has been increasing prices significantly every 6 months or so due to supply chain issues and inflation.

If we had ordered the trailer 2 years ago that we just recently put on airstreams order books, it would have cost us about $20K less (dealers would have been willing to discount and we would have avoided multiple rounds of price increases). The dealer we purchased from said that there will be another $5K increase on 2022 27 FB Twin Globetrotters in the June/July timeframe.

If you have the $$, buy soon as inflation will continue to be painful over the next couple of years. Sorry to those who think otherwise, but inflation is not going away anytime soon.
foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:39 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2020 23' International
Evergreen , Colorado
Things have definitely changed. We bought our International 23FB just before the COVID impact was really crazy. We found it new on a dealer’s lot. We got a 10% discount off of MSRP, as I recall. I wanted a Globetrotter 23FB, but there were none to be found so we went with the International.

2020 International Serenity 23 FB "Sparkle Plenty"
2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500
Airstream Club International #2805
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:44 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2022 23' Globetrotter
Venice , Florida
Wow really feeling like we got a unicorn. We picked up our '22 23GT FBT 3/28 at Colonial. We noticed it appear suddenly on the web site in January as a "demo" model and we put down a deposit that day. From what Patrick said, he had to keep it on their sales floor for X months, per Airstream. When the 23GT was discontinued around February, he pulled it out of the showroom until we picked it up.

Super happy with ours so far, especially the FBT layout. It really works better for us than our 2018 23FC FBQ. Love the outside storage. The GT upgrades are cool but we would also have been happy with a 23FC FBT, if there were such a thing; we had two FC's previously, a '17 27FC FBT and a '16 30FC RBQ, and really like them as well.

Only significant negative so far on the 23 is the black tank size at 17 g; vs. a 25' which I understand is substantially larger (37?). I would guess it's due to the location of the bathroom on the 23 being aft vs. mid-section of the 25, due to weight and balance perhaps? But we don't boondock all that much and typically are at full hook ups. Anyway, we absolutely prefer the rear bath layout of the 23.

And not to light the internet on fire, but I am pretty comfortable towing the 23+EQ hitch with my 1500 pickup; not sure I would be that happy with the numbers on a 25, at least using the published hitch weight for that rig.
ďCharacter is doing the right thing when nobodyís looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing thatís right is to get by, and the only thing thatís wrong is to get caught.Ē - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 05:02 AM   #32
Charlie

2016 25' International
2014 30' FB FC Bunk
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Canaan , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
Wow really feeling like we got a unicorn. We picked up our '22 23GT FBT 3/28 at Colonial. We noticed it appear suddenly on the web site in January as a "demo" model and we put down a deposit that day. From what Patrick said, he had to keep it on their sales floor for X months, per Airstream. When the 23GT was discontinued around February, he pulled it out of the showroom until we picked it up.

Super happy with ours so far, especially the FBT layout. It really works better for us than our 2018 23FC FBQ. Love the outside storage. The GT upgrades are cool but we would also have been happy with a 23FC FBT, if there were such a thing; we had two FC's previously, a '17 27FC FBT and a '16 30FC RBQ, and really like them as well.

Only significant negative so far on the 23 is the black tank size at 17 g; vs. a 25' which I understand is substantially larger (37?). I would guess it's due to the location of the bathroom on the 23 being aft vs. mid-section of the 25, due to weight and balance perhaps? But we don't boondock all that much and typically are at full hook ups. Anyway, we absolutely prefer the rear bath layout of the 23.

And not to light the internet on fire, but I am pretty comfortable towing the 23+EQ hitch with my 1500 pickup; not sure I would be that happy with the numbers on a 25, at least using the published hitch weight for that rig.
CONGRATULATIONS! You got a true gem. We ordered ours on a Saturday and was told by our dealer the following Friday that Airstream will be discontinuing the 23 Globetrotter and they wouldnít honor the orders already placed.

We ordered an International 23FBT but we are not in love with it and if I could find a Globetrotter 23FBT that we could afford we would buy it used. We are not thrilled to pay over 100k for something we arenít in love with.

Airstream really screwed the people who had orders in place.

We have some time to think about it though. Our new International wonít be in until the end of September.

We have had 3 Airstreams - started with a Safari 25FBT, then a 30 FC Bunk, then a 2016 International Serenity 25RB. Now that itís just the 2 of us we are downsizing. Iím so glad to hear that there are people who go smaller and happy with their decision to do so. Seems like everyone says you need to go bigger. I think itís all about camping style.

Take care and happy travels in your new Globetrotter!
dbms_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
2014 22' FB Sport
East Texas , Texas
But it's the BEST trailer ever

Hi all. I haven't been on Air Forums in a year or so.

I'm dismayed to read that the the GT 23' have been discontinued. As a frequent solo female traveler, the GT 23' is the perfect combination of the "right gear" (electric stabilizers), size, usability, high design and comfort - pulled safely with F150 diesel Max Tow w/eq hitch. After 10K miles in a Bambi 22, I find this trailer is all I could ever wish for. Seems like they are missing the mark. Glad I have "the one".
Imustwander is offline   Reply With Quote