Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Globetrotter Shakedown!

Just finished our shakedown trip from northern California to the LA area. Our first time ever in an RV and I wanted to thank the entire Airforums community for all the valuable information on every topic here.

Special thanks to Jim (@jimfa440) who sent me a crucial part same day when I was in a pinch (pro pride hitch lot bar). Amazing 🙏

We’re the new owners of a 2020 GT 23 twin, and I wanted to write a few impressions, many GT specific so I’ll put this in that forum. I’ll be detailed about the criticisms, but the bottom line is the overall experience of the trailer was great, Airstream is an incredibly well designed system. We wouldn’t use anything else after this week.

We’re a couple with a dog and the storage was great for a week and looking ahead to several weeks, we had a few unused spaces. Fridge space is really good. Twin beds works out really great. We would be fine in a 20’ if they could fit the twin beds and sacrificed the bathroom space.

Fantastic Fans- biggest frustration, a simple function made excessively complicated.

Dometic stove - the camping stove style grates are a hazard when the trailer is not level, they should be more grippy for pots of boiling water. After using it for a week, the cast iron grate upgrade that seems like an aesthetic upgrade is necessary for safety. Confirming the oven is lit requires bending all the way down, wonder if there’s a spot for a mirror that would help. Positive: the oven works quite well from basic toasting to baking.

Our dinette is not level (even when the trailer is very level) and I’ve seen a few threads on the topic. This seems like a frivolous complaint until you try to use a laptop on it.

The handles on the under bed storage are breaking off because the door hinges allow them to drop down, 2/4 have broken off. Considering replacing with leather pulls that are soft.

We have a bunch in our flooring similar to this thread and it’s not such a big deal, but wonder if this will happen elsewhere. Overall the flooring seems good to clean and looks good. Interesting how when you spill water on it it gets darker and dries (felt underneath?).

Fusion/Blu ray- I immediately removed the BR and swapped in Apple TV to the HDMI (I think it’s possible to do optical out to get audio on fusion but future project). I’m still a little confused about how the Fusion actually turns off / how much power it draws for boondocking. Getting music to play over bluetooth was easy and the speakers sound pretty good! We considered a 20’ Bambi and one of the positives of the 23’ floor plan was the TV was hidden away in the bedroom area vs right when you step in the door. The black TV clashes with the interior and the cables coming out look bad. I understand that white TVs are uncommon, but LG does make one…

I don’t understand why some of the GT switches are metallic and others are the black plastic (guess is they don’t make a dimmer in metallic?). One of the design challenges with the interior is the mishmash of faceplates (solar, inverter, zip dee) and then the switches. Different fonts, different colored lights. Why does the kitchen have a metal GFCI cover and the bathroom is plastic? (Both are equally close to water). Some of this is about visual noise but drifts into function: the hot water heater switches need some indication of which direction is “on.”

First time doing grey/black tank. I learned why sites with the dump hole higher than the tanks are less than ideal. And why it’s a courtesy to leave rocks near the dump hole.

I’ll close with a few photos and repeat my thanks to all the contributors to Airforums - between this site and Youtube it would have been so much more difficult to learn what’s needed to get on the road… 🙏
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3231.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	537.9 KB
ID:	404820   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3272 (1).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	404822  

Name:	IMG_3392 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	404823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	404824  

wayne b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:58 AM   #2
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Welcome Aboard...👍

Glad to hear of your semi-positive experience with your new Airstream we need more detailed explanations thank you.

On the fantastic fan operation… It took a while but I finally learned that if you leave the fan speed knob on 1 that it makes the operations of the damn fan much easier.
It seems that nothing works if the knob switched completely off.
Doesn't make much sense but that's the way it is.
POI it took me about two seasons to finger that one out .

On dumping, it's not so much the dump is high it's that the Airstream is low.

Hot water heater. On ours when you switch on the heater the red light will come on until it's lit once lit it will stay off. It will come back on if the flame should blow out. The downfall there is there's no green light to remind you to turn it back off.🤔

BTW.... Did you get the upholstery to match the dog or the dog to match the upholstery?

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 09-25-2021, 08:13 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Greeneville , Tennessee
Wayne, I'm glad to hear you made the trip without major mechanical problems. I agree, there are many "small" issues that could be better designed. We too have a twin bed model. This is our 4th Airstream over many years....we keep going back. Best of luck to you in your Airstream travels.
Jim
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Definitely picked the interior colors that would match the dog (to be fair, there's a lot of blue/grey in the GT and she's got none of that). Like I said, it was overall a very positive experience and these are details I'm jotting down because based on spending hours on AF, I know this community is all about the details.

Fantastic Fan -
these have a positive reputation, and it’s a very good fan when operating. What's maddening is there are many combinations of buttons and dials to actually get the fan blades to turn. There’s the fan off and on button, like you point out there’s the fan speed dial which has a “0” (acting as an off switch), there’s a dial with (a peeling sticker) red and blue that represents temperature (though without any actual temperatures ). There’s an important black toggle switch with no marking at all. There’s a manual crank to lift the lid. Any one of these set incorrectly can prevent the fan's operation.

I understand the rain sensor is a critical feature, but the fan closed at random every day on our trip several times, during a week without a single drop of rain. Sometimes I could get it back open, others I gave up. The manual references several models with different features and combination of buttons. Sometimes a red light is on, sometimes it blinks. At first I thought one fan was faulty, but both behaved this way.

My suggestion would be: Remove the temperature dial and unmarked black toggle. Have a clearly marked toggle that says automatic close off/on. The red light needs to have a clear indication of what it means (“moisture warning”) Have a moisture sensor override toggle for 1 or 8 hours (so you can sleep without it closing due to condensation).
Old 09-25-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

One thing you will ultimately get to learn with the dog at the open window:

Masking tape (or something similar) helps a lot when stretching the screen and getting the rubber "trim piece" back in to hold it in place ......

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:10 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

One thing you will ultimately get to learn with the dog at the open window:

Masking tape (or something similar) helps a lot when stretching the screen and getting the rubber "trim piece" back in to hold it in place ......

Bob
She's the type that doesn't like to be left behind, but in that photo I think she's checking for squirrels. Either scenario is going make this tip come in handy. At the screen door, she's figured out how to get up on hind legs, paw the slider section open and stick her head out. Because we're sitting at the campground picnic table 12 feet away and that's a bit too far for her.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:15 AM   #7
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne b View Post
She's the type that doesn't like to be left behind, but in that photo I think she's checking for squirrels. Either scenario is going make this tip come in handy. At the screen door, she's figured out how to get up on hind legs, paw the slider section open and stick her head out. Because we're sitting at the campground picnic table 12 feet away and that's a bit too far for her.
Hi

With our Neuf, there is no need for the stand up on the hind leg part. He just walks over and noses the slider open ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:20 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
1976 31' Excella 500
1974 31' Excella 500
1975 24' Argosy 24
Denver , Colorado
FYI, not only does LG make a white smart TV, but if you don't need a huge one, the 24" is 19v, which means you can use a small upconverter attached to the back of the TV and run it on 12v power instead of shore power (meaning you can run it on batteries/solar instead of a generator).
kidjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:15 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidjedi View Post
FYI, not only does LG make a white smart TV, but if you don't need a huge one, the 24" is 19v, which means you can use a small upconverter attached to the back of the TV and run it on 12v power instead of shore power (meaning you can run it on batteries/solar instead of a generator).

Great suggestion! This isn’t an upgrade I’ll do right away (gotta figure out more important stuff like water filter and surge protection), but I also could image it would be neat to have one of the new iMacs on a Vesa mount (in light blue to match the dinette seating). I did actually use the DTV antenna to watch local news and an episode of Rick Steves.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:45 PM   #10
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Thanks for the nice report. Most of the items on your list are familiar and will give you an opportunity to spend some time and more money. I’ve come to view it as a hobby!

Any specific suggestions wanted? Just ask.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 02:34 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
My table is a bit uneven too. I wonder?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D623884D-9ED1-4732-8280-926D378F1642.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	404854  
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:35 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
There are a bunch of threads about not-level dinettes. Here's a rundown of answers for anyone curious.

First, @jondrew55 here's a report of an un-level dinette because of a 40lb dog. First reply to that one sounds like good advice of what to look at first. My dog weighs 21lbs, it's possible she got up on it when we weren't looking, but not likely. A few of the reports of this issue have the table leaning towards the window side, which is my issue. If the hardware gets bent, perhaps it's from humans sitting near the windows leaning on it.

this one has a solution, which involves removing the slide out track and spacers. Here's another post that has a shim inserted on the slider, I can't really tell what's happening in that photo. Here's what sounds like a similar fix, no photo.

This one discusses removing the base and seeing if the problem is there. Definitely not doing that. Other threads discuss using the table as the level reference (the problem with that I'd guess is you want the fridge actually level). There are a bunch of threads about people that don't like the table regardless of level and replace it sometimes based on wanting smaller or larger tables, or different material. Here's an interesting project by @PB_NB, which brings to mind the great furniture artist George Nakashima.

I like the size and concept of how the dinette works, so I'd like to keep the slider. It's unlikely we'll ever use it as a bed.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:27 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Glad you’ve had a relatively good experience with your new Globetrotter. My wife and I bought our 23 footer right as things began to get crazy with COVID-19 last year. We were originally planning to buy a Globetrotter, but there were none to be found. We found an International that was configured reasonably close to what we wanted, so we went that route. Ours was manufactured in September of 2019, before the huge rush in demand for Airstreams. We have had very few quality issues, only a few minor niggles.

Part of the fun of Airstreaming is learning as you go. I’m much more comfortable with the trailer and all the systems than I was a year ago. I’ve had to make a few of the more common repairs on the road, and I’ve learned how to relax and roll with it when something goes wrong. It’s all part of the experience. I pick up little tidbits and suggestions here, and I learn from trying new things.

It’s a great community and I’m glad you’re using it to enhance your ownership.

Happy streaming!

Past:
Airstream International Serenity 23FB
Newmar Ventana 3715
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:54 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
Part of the fun of Airstreaming is learning as you go. I’m much more comfortable with the trailer and all the systems than I was a year ago. I’ve had to make a few of the more common repairs on the road, and I’ve learned how to relax and roll with it when something goes wrong. It’s all part of the experience. I pick up little tidbits and suggestions here, and I learn from trying new things.

Happy streaming!
Thanks much Dennis - I made an exhaustive arrive/depart checklist (based on input from posts here) which helped me relax in terms of we didn't miss any important steps and it forced me to take my time to read each step and confirm. Same with hitching up. Airstream time.
Old 09-26-2021, 06:22 AM   #15
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
Thank you for not being ridiculously positive.

We are on our third Airstream and EVERY one has it's "what the hell were they thinking" items.

The only way to get them perfect is with input from users and creativity.

The Fantastic Fans have a learning curve but over all I think they are indeed fantastic. Take some time with them and you will come to appreciate what they have done. I would also suggest some covers (shrouds) for them. Many versions exist. Over time I would rather replace the cover than the fan because the sun will eventually have it's way with them.

The table is the main reason we went from the 20' FC to a 25' GT. I wanted the 23 but really disliked the dinette on it. We went around and around on the 23 vs 25 and I eventually caved. I really do like the dinette/lounge on the 25. BUT...after 3 of these Streamz I will say I have not had one yet where if the counter is level that everything else is level. I don't think that should be as hard as it apparently is for the mothership to get right.

So far our flooring is working out. We dumped a bunch of Ikea boucle rugs to protect it but no bunching yet.

Switches being silver or black is just weird.

Grates came off the stove the second night I had it and were replaced with the Furrion grates. The gentleman on this site from the beautiful state of Alabama also lifted the unit 3 inches so the dump sites are definitely easier for us. Think about the lift. I like a low AS but the lift sure takes many issues out of the picture with (seemingly) no drawbacks.

The AS folks DO pick excellent speakers, but always seem to stick a receiver in them which is weird. And to no longer have the TV through the speakers is not acceptable so I will have to do the job they should have.

Storage on AS's is aways great, BUT there are a few head scratchers there as well. Be careful when testing those "shallow" ones. You may find that something slightly larger will push the back out because they are stapled on. Which requires complete disassembly of something else to fix it...ask me how I know...

The water heater works pretty good (until you have a site with low pressure) but I prefer my old tank type. You waste water getting it up to temp which unnecessarily fills a tank as well unless you capture it and recycle.

Fridge is on the border of being a "must replace" item. It works fine, but needs defrosting WAY to often. I would have preferred a 2 way or 3 way.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:30 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by renderit View Post
Thank you for not being ridiculously positive.

We are on our third Airstream and EVERY one has it's "what the hell were they thinking" items.

The only way to get them perfect is with input from users and creativity.
As with everything on the internet, it generally takes more words to describe a negative than a positive, so that's what takes up the most space.

Example: the Tuft & Needle beds on the 2020 GT are really great. I think they are a coil/memory foam combo (I'm a coil person) and we slept better in them than at home. The size was perfect (they are a bit longer than you'd expect for "twin" and this extra space is perfect for a small dog at your feet). Getting a good night's sleep is a major factor in enjoying any day on the road. Especially when that day involves the anxiety of newbies towing an Airstream. So coming from tent camping, having the nice blackout curtains and those beds is a huge factor. Airstream got the design of the entire sleeping area (spacing between beds, nightstand, tv location, curtains, the "headboard" padding made of the same leatherette from the dinette seating) perfect. The simple contentment of "I slept great" can't be overstated. Just need to not have the Fantastic Fan decide to whir close at 3am.

Quote:
The table is the main reason we went from the 20' FC to a 25' GT. I wanted the 23 but really disliked the dinette on it. We went around and around on the 23 vs 25 and I eventually caved. I really do like the dinette/lounge on the 25.
Interesting - 23' was at the top end of where we wanted to be towing (as newbies), but the lounging on the 25'+ is indeed very nice. Those extra windows (+ the safari windows) just bathe the entire space with so much light.

Quote:
So far our flooring is working out. We dumped a bunch of Ikea boucle rugs to protect it but no bunching yet.
We're looking at a 2x5' runner to go the length of the kitchen area, which seems like it would get the most traffic, something like this one from PB

Quote:
The AS folks DO pick excellent speakers, but always seem to stick a receiver in them which is weird. And to no longer have the TV through the speakers is not acceptable so I will have to do the job they should have.
I guess since I never had that feature, I was satisfied to get bluetooth streaming in 2 minutes. I'm concerned by one or two threads on AF about wiring kill switches to get stop Fusion from drawing power.

Quote:
The water heater works pretty good (until you have a site with low pressure) but I prefer my old tank type. You waste water getting it up to temp which unnecessarily fills a tank as well unless you capture it and recycle.
The 2020 has the older tank version and we did take hot showers one day. Coming from tent camping, showers at all is a big luxury, so having to flip a switch and wait for it to heat up is fine. Lived at a house with on-demand and it worked pretty great, so that upgrade would be nice (and especially the 2021 cell antenna pre-wire), but when you get used...

Quote:
Fridge is on the border of being a "must replace" item. It works fine, but needs defrosting WAY to often. I would have preferred a 2 way or 3 way.
Same as water heater, 2020 has the 3-way fridge and still learning it. (Propane misfired a few times). I don't understand if it's cooling/drawing power from the car when we are towing, but our distances weren't far. Definitely took a solid 10 hours to get cold, but once there it stayed cold. This thread was very useful on the topic. Similar to the Fusion, there's a topic about it drawing power even if the battery is in store.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:41 AM   #17
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
The 12 volt fridge we have can be shut off (inside temp dial at zero).

The TV to Fusion sound can be done by jangling the Blue tooth on the radio for no delay and a bunch of other stuff and converters. The old 20' FC we had was wired into the Clarion system on it and worked wonderfully well until the AC came on and you couldn't hear anything...

Also, on your fridge- the propane works great on most of these but I have noticed on both the 16 foot and the 20 foot that every once in a while you couldn't get it to kick on. There is a knurled brass nut on the firing mechanism outside in back of the fridge. A couple of short twists on it ALWAYS fixed the problem. I guess it (the brass I suspect) cruds up or something.

We ran into a guy in Kansas who had just bought an FC and his fridge didn't work. I turned that orifice adjuster out a half turn then back a half turn and voila!

Just remember that with the fridge and the heater it frequently takes several tries to get them kicking. Particularly if it has not had the propane turned on for a while. The system does not drain enough air out of the line on several attempts. After a few more it 'mysteriously' works. On the 20 we thought our heater was broke for years (that model had a notorious motherboard). As we usually use a quartz heater anyways it was no big deal. When the 'big freeze' hit Texas I looked at it and it just started working after about 5 cold starts (turning off the thermostat and then turning it back on). Generally once a season we have trouble with these. After fixing it once it just works the rest of the time.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:18 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Long Beach , California
Quote:
We ran into a guy in Kansas who had just bought an FC and his fridge didn't work. I turned that orifice adjuster out a half turn then back a half turn and voila!
good tip thanks - ! haven't had a chance to open and poke around the fridge / water heater panels yet, a fridge that runs on propane is still one of those "only in RV land" concepts I'm still wrapping my head around.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #19
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Just finished our shakedown trip from northern California to the LA area. Our first time ever in an RV and I wanted to thank the entire Airforums community for all the valuable information on every topic here.

Special thanks to Jim (@jimfa440) who sent me a crucial part same day when I was in a pinch (pro pride hitch lot bar). Amazing 🙏

We’re the new owners of a 2020 GT 23 twin, and I wanted to write a few impressions, many GT specific so I’ll put this in that forum. I’ll be detailed about the criticisms, but the bottom line is the overall experience of the trailer was great, Airstream is an incredibly well designed system. We wouldn’t use anything else after this week.

We’re a couple with a dog and the storage was great for a week and looking ahead to several weeks, we had a few unused spaces. Fridge space is really good. Twin beds works out really great. We would be fine in a 20’ if they could fit the twin beds and sacrificed the bathroom space.

Fantastic Fans- biggest frustration, a simple function made excessively complicated.

Dometic stove - the camping stove style grates are a hazard when the trailer is not level, they should be more grippy for pots of boiling water. After using it for a week, the cast iron grate upgrade that seems like an aesthetic upgrade is necessary for safety. Confirming the oven is lit requires bending all the way down, wonder if there’s a spot for a mirror that would help. Positive: the oven works quite well from basic toasting to baking.

Our dinette is not level (even when the trailer is very level) and I’ve seen a few threads on the topic. This seems like a frivolous complaint until you try to use a laptop on it.

The handles on the under bed storage are breaking off because the door hinges allow them to drop down, 2/4 have broken off. Considering replacing with leather pulls that are soft.

We have a bunch in our flooring similar to this thread and it’s not such a big deal, but wonder if this will happen elsewhere. Overall the flooring seems good to clean and looks good. Interesting how when you spill water on it it gets darker and dries (felt underneath?).

Fusion/Blu ray- I immediately removed the BR and swapped in Apple TV to the HDMI (I think it’s possible to do optical out to get audio on fusion but future project). I’m still a little confused about how the Fusion actually turns off / how much power it draws for boondocking. Getting music to play over bluetooth was easy and the speakers sound pretty good! We considered a 20’ Bambi and one of the positives of the 23’ floor plan was the TV was hidden away in the bedroom area vs right when you step in the door. The black TV clashes with the interior and the cables coming out look bad. I understand that white TVs are uncommon, but LG does make one…

I don’t understand why some of the GT switches are metallic and others are the black plastic (guess is they don’t make a dimmer in metallic?). One of the design challenges with the interior is the mishmash of faceplates (solar, inverter, zip dee) and then the switches. Different fonts, different colored lights. Why does the kitchen have a metal GFCI cover and the bathroom is plastic? (Both are equally close to water). Some of this is about visual noise but drifts into function: the hot water heater switches need some indication of which direction is “on.”

First time doing grey/black tank. I learned why sites with the dump hole higher than the tanks are less than ideal. And why it’s a courtesy to leave rocks near the dump hole.

I’ll close with a few photos and repeat my thanks to all the contributors to Airforums - between this site and Youtube it would have been so much more difficult to learn what’s needed to get on the road… 🙏
Hi wayne b,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get these things resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 09-28-2021, 11:36 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Moulton , Texas
Quote:
Definitely picked the interior colors that would match the dog (to be fair, there's a lot of blue/grey in the GT and she's got none of that). Like I said, it was overall a very positive experience and these are details I'm jotting down because based on spending hours on AF, I know this community is all about the details.

Fantastic Fan -
these have a positive reputation, and it’s a very good fan when operating. What's maddening is there are many combinations of buttons and dials to actually get the fan blades to turn. There’s the fan off and on button, like you point out there’s the fan speed dial which has a “0” (acting as an off switch), there’s a dial with (a peeling sticker) red and blue that represents temperature (though without any actual temperatures ). There’s an important black toggle switch with no marking at all. There’s a manual crank to lift the lid. Any one of these set incorrectly can prevent the fan's operation.

I understand the rain sensor is a critical feature, but the fan closed at random every day on our trip several times, during a week without a single drop of rain. Sometimes I could get it back open, others I gave up. The manual references several models with different features and combination of buttons. Sometimes a red light is on, sometimes it blinks. At first I thought one fan was faulty, but both behaved this way.

My suggestion would be: Remove the temperature dial and unmarked black toggle. Have a clearly marked toggle that says automatic close off/on. The red light needs to have a clear indication of what it means (“moisture warning”) Have a moisture sensor override toggle for 1 or 8 hours (so you can sleep without it closing due to condensation).
My PDI tech said my Fantastic Fan is not a rain sensor model, and I said well I paid for it in a GT as standard equipment. Can you send a pic of yours because I believe I have a rain sensor model, but he didn't know any better.
dannko is offline   Reply With Quote