Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2021, 06:37 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
Re; stabilizers - they are not for lifting and leveling the RV. Level it with blocks / Anderson levelers and then have the stabilizers touch the ground to keep it stabil. If your RV is level, the door will close much easier.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
The pro pride manual is the only one he had. I’m collecting the AS users manual and other docs on-line as PDFs and keep them on an app callled Goodreader on y iPhone and iPad.

Colonial’s videos are the best. How they got Ray Romano to do them is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiere View Post

The ProPride site has a digital version of the hitch manual for anyone to download.

Drop them all on here and they’re easy to read:
https://remarkable.com

There are also places online that will print and bind them for you, I’m pretty sure. But I like having them digital for fast reference.

As a final note, I would watch all the Globetrotter walk-through videos by Colonial Airstream. There’s a nice one on the 27FBT. There may be tips you haven’t picked up yet. I find that each one has slightly different info. But the newest on the 27FBT is useful to you since it covers a 2021. (And the 27 and 25 are very very similar.)
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:49 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
Calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchB View Post
First thing is to check to see if the seller received a recall notice and you should check https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...1V325-9169.PDF

My wife was sitting at the dinette of our 2021 manufactured in July 2020 when I closed the cabinet door and it flew off hitting her on the head. She had a lump and concussion symptoms for a few weeks.

Check out the attached picture and lack of glue adhering to the cabinet and note that it is only glue holding the doors. I would get this addressed right away.

Look to see if your doors are flush. The hinges were not properly adjusted on half of our other doors.

Customer service experience with AS corporate was TERRIBLE. Never even told us they were doing a recall. We found out by a mailed notice even though I saw the news online a month earlier.

AS windows tend to stick to the gasket and I see reports of people trying to open and the windows breaking. I unlatch on inside then go outside and GENTLY use my fingertips to pry the window open. There is a special lube you can use to treat the gasket but seems like it needs frequent application.
Instead of applying a special lubricant over and over, we installed Window Poppers (https://seeyoudowntheroad.com/products/window-poppers-%C2%A9) in our AS and they work great!
qwertyd10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:40 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Well interestingly enough one of the cabinet door hinges separated on us when opening the cabinet. The other hinge and the struts keep the door in place. I just unscrewed the hinges from the door and snapped it back together. Then one of the hinges on the little cabinet under the bed came loose. Hope I’m not chasing these things forever.

Also, the little magnetic switches that turn the lights on in the cabinets are pretty flakey. I have two of them that don’t come on sometimes. Then you have to tap them with something and they’ll work.

And one false start with the awning. It only opened a bit then stopped. We closed it and it opened right up. I’d have paid extra for a manual awning. These things are nothing but a headache especially because we never leave them open at night and close them whenever we leave the trailer. Maybe I’m OCD but I’d hate to see a quick Florida storm whip up and take the awning with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchB View Post
First thing is to check to see if the seller received a recall notice and you should check https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/202...1V325-9169.PDF

My wife was sitting at the dinette of our 2021 manufactured in July 2020 when I closed the cabinet door and it flew off hitting her on the head. She had a lump and concussion symptoms for a few weeks.

Check out the attached picture and lack of glue adhering to the cabinet and note that it is only glue holding the doors. I would get this addressed right away.

Look to see if your doors are flush. The hinges were not properly adjusted on half of our other doors.

Customer service experience with AS corporate was TERRIBLE. Never even told us they were doing a recall. We found out by a mailed notice even though I saw the news online a month earlier.

AS windows tend to stick to the gasket and I see reports of people trying to open and the windows breaking. I unlatch on inside then go outside and GENTLY use my fingertips to pry the window open. There is a special lube you can use to treat the gasket but seems like it needs frequent application.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 02:04 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2021 30' Globetrotter
East Northport , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew55 View Post

And one false start with the awning. It only opened a bit then stopped.
Ours started doing that on a regular basis. It would unroll about a foot and then as soon as the arms started to extend it would die. After giving it a good lube it hasn't done it again. Thankfully it has never failed to close for us. But I agree, I'd pay extra for the manual awning.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:26 PM   #26
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyd10n View Post
Instead of applying a special lubricant over and over, we installed Window Poppers (https://seeyoudowntheroad.com/produc...poppers-%C2%A9) in our AS and they work great!
We did the same thing, install window poppers. It has been a good investment!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote