Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Globetrotter camping and modern IT

Prior to getting our Globetrotter, our RV experience was a pop-up camper that we bought in 1999 or so. Back then, I'm not sure I even had a cell phone. I remember a camping trip to Maine, where I had rented a beeper that allegedly had coverage in Maine so that my mom's caretaker could contact me if needed and I would use a pay phone at the camp grounds to call her back. My memory is that the beeper was out of range so often that I had to keep calling to make sure things were OK.

How things have changed...

It is just amazing to me that yesterday here I was camping at an Ohio State Park, sitting at our dinette, using my laptop computer to access the Internet, using my cell phone as a hotspot, and streaming music from Spotify and playing it over the Polk audio system using Bluetooth. I was able to send and receive email, shop on-line, participate in this forum, all while camping. Last night we hooked up our Apple TV and using my wife's phone as the hotspot were able to stream a show from Netflix with great sound over the Polk system. I read books on my Kindle, and I can use my computer to access two library systems I have accounts with to check out books and download for free all while camping. Amazing.

It's really a different camping experience these days.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:36 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
It is amazing how communication technology has changed, especially in such a relatively short period of time.

Thanks for the reminder!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote