Old 08-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #1

2021 25' Globetrotter
Palm Coast , Florida
Dimensions

I am waiting for the arrival of my 2021 GT 25 FBT. Where can I find the following dimensions:
1. Height of exterior storage compartments so I can figure out sizes of plastic containers.
2. Recommended length for a board to put under tires for leveling. Any other suggestions?
3. Making some
Reservations and have been asked the total length of trailer including hitch . Specs say 2511...does that include hitch?
Thanks all in advance,
CaptMojito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2020 25' Globetrotter
Santa Rosa , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMojito View Post
I am waiting for the arrival of my 2021 GT 25 FBT. Where can I find the following dimensions:
1. Height of exterior storage compartments so I can figure out sizes of plastic containers.
2. Recommended length for a board to put under tires for leveling. Any other suggestions?
3. Making some
Reservations and have been asked the total length of trailer including hitch . Specs say 25’11”...does that include hitch?
Thanks all in advance,
Congrats on your new Airstream and welcome!

1. The inside of the exterior compartments are a little taller but you're going to be limited in the size of plastic containers you can use by the height of the openings to the compartments. Also the compartment doors don't swing down completely out of the way. On my 2020 GT 25 FBT that means about a 9 1/2 inch useable opening for the side compartments and about 9 inches for the front.

2. I use Lynx Levelers, commonly referred to here as "lego blocks". They're light weight and can be stacked and extended to deal with most any leveling situation. Other people use Anderson Levelers which is a curved ramp type device, or something similar. If you use boards you'll want them long enough to accommodate both tires on one side so figure 5-6' minimum if you're using a single length board.

3. 25' 11" is the length from the front of the hitch coupler to the back of the rear bumper.

The thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

"You can't fix stupid...but you can work with it"
-- Wiley Miller

2020 25' Globetrotter Twin
2017 F250 4x4 6.7 max tow Platinum
mikeinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:59 PM   #3

2021 25' Globetrotter
Palm Coast , Florida
Thank you -looking forward to the arrival!
CaptMojito is offline   Reply With Quote