Originally Posted by CaptMojito
I am waiting for the arrival of my 2021 GT 25 FBT. Where can I find the following dimensions:
1. Height of exterior storage compartments so I can figure out sizes of plastic containers.
2. Recommended length for a board to put under tires for leveling. Any other suggestions?
3. Making some
Reservations and have been asked the total length of trailer including hitch . Specs say 25’11”...does that include hitch?
Thanks all in advance,
Congrats on your new Airstream and welcome!
1. The inside of the exterior compartments are a little taller but you're going to be limited in the size of plastic containers you can use by the height of the openings to the compartments. Also the compartment doors don't swing down completely out of the way. On my 2020 GT 25 FBT that means about a 9 1/2 inch useable opening for the side compartments and about 9 inches for the front.
2. I use Lynx Levelers, commonly referred to here as "lego blocks". They're light weight and can be stacked and extended to deal with most any leveling situation. Other people use Anderson Levelers which is a curved ramp type device, or something similar. If you use boards you'll want them long enough to accommodate both tires on one side so figure 5-6' minimum if you're using a single length board.
3. 25' 11" is the length from the front of the hitch coupler to the back of the rear bumper.