Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Tarrytown , Georgia
Convection Oven Quit Heating

Our 2020 GT 27FBT Contoure Microwave/Convection oven has stopped heating. It goes through the motions with no error codes but never heats. The microwave still works. The element doesn’t look damaged. It was working fine yesterday but today, nothing. I even tried tripping the power supply for a few minutes and turning back on with no results. I haven’t found any info online regarding. Anyone have an idea? It looks like the element is riveted in, I don’t think there’s a way to pull it.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:48 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Tarrytown , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
Our 2020 GT 27FBT Contoure Microwave/Convection oven has stopped heating. It goes through the motions with no error codes but never heats. The microwave still works. The element doesn’t look damaged. It was working fine yesterday but today, nothing. I even tried tripping the power supply for a few minutes and turning back on with no results. I haven’t found any info online regarding. Anyone have an idea? It looks like the element is riveted in, I don’t think there’s a way to pull it.

Additional info. So the top element is working in grill mode. Convection mode does not get hot. I guess there is a different heating element for the convection mode.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
My Manual's troubleshooting section was worthless. I couldn't find anything either.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 08:07 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Tarrytown , Georgia
Convection Oven Quit Heating

So my convection oven is working again. I decided to just bypass Airstream to expedite. I called the support number on back of the manual. They had a technician call me a explain how to get into the oven and what to check. Weird thing is continuity checks on the element, fan, and thermal cutoff were good. Power to the connector was good too. I put it back together and all works now. Go figure. Perhaps operator error but we’ve been using this thing several times a trip and we go most every weekend so we definitely understand how to use it. Oh well, it’s working. I have to say Contoure tech support was good. Better than average for sure and very knowledgeable and courteous people.
Old 12-31-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
Probably a loose connection. Glad it's working again. Good to know they are serviceable.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote