Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2022, 09:41 AM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2022 27' International
Poway , California
Update from WFCO

Hi all, I sent my 9855-AD into WFCO last week for a firmware upgrade. Larry the tech dude emailed me letting me know that it has been completed and shipped, tracking shows I should have it on Saturday 26th.

I also asked him about the blue led that was in an RV review article Merlintiaga pointed me in post #71 of this thread. I asked Larry about it and this is what he said. Thought you all might want the info.

Quote from Larry: "That would be correct, blue is for lithium and green is for lead acid, if you see red in either mode that means it is in the higher charge mode."
markuscis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:11 AM   #82
2 Rivet Member

Greenville , SC
Could a different thread be created for the WFCO issue?
dukmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 09:36 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
What's the likelihood the oceanair roller shades done in the Airstream setup will be carried for replacement parts in the future if they changed brands of shades this quickly? It makes me wonder if we shouldn't suck it up and have a spare or two around. Not my favorite way to spend hundreds...
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:52 AM   #84
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
We just ordered a '23 GT27FBQ, due for delivery later this month. This has been an informative thread. I've got a couple of questions for you owners out there...
1. Lots of discussion about a WFCO converter...I thought the '23 GT came with a Progressive Dynamics...true?
2. Any further comments on the Coleman a/c as an air conditioner and heat pump...do you like them?
3. Other comments on how comfortable the bed is.
4. How has your experience with the TV/Audio system been?

Thanks in advance!
John
AgBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:26 AM   #85
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgBullet View Post
We just ordered a '23 GT27FBQ, due for delivery later this month. This has been an informative thread. I've got a couple of questions for you owners out there...
1. Lots of discussion about a WFCO converter...I thought the '23 GT came with a Progressive Dynamics...true?
2. Any further comments on the Coleman a/c as an air conditioner and heat pump...do you like them?
3. Other comments on how comfortable the bed is.
4. How has your experience with the TV/Audio system been?

Thanks in advance!
John
Congrats on your new rig. We love our FBQ (delivered in Nov).
1. I haven't done any work on the converter so I'll leave this one for others to chime in on.

2. I like the Coleman ACs. We have the 2nd AC unit. The control panel is much more intuitive than the Dometic. It took us a "hot minute" to understand how to select between the furnace and heat pump functionality. I may still upgrade to the Micro-Air thermostat down the line for remote access capability.

3. The bed is fantastic. It feels like it has a memory foam topper built-in. Not too soft, not too firm.

4. The AV head unit is a little finicky. I work in IT, so I'm very comfortable with tech. The sound is great. We connected a Roku streaming stick to the HDMI in, at the head-unit. The same signal is sent to both TVs, at the same time. The only downside I've seen is that I haven't discovered how to run TV audio through the AV system. I don't believe it's possible with the way the system is wired.
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 04:42 AM   #86
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppFan View Post
Congrats on your new rig. We love our FBQ (delivered in Nov).
1. I haven't done any work on the converter so I'll leave this one for others to chime in on.

2. I like the Coleman ACs. We have the 2nd AC unit. The control panel is much more intuitive than the Dometic. It took us a "hot minute" to understand how to select between the furnace and heat pump functionality. I may still upgrade to the Micro-Air thermostat down the line for remote access capability.

3. The bed is fantastic. It feels like it has a memory foam topper built-in. Not too soft, not too firm.

4. The AV head unit is a little finicky. I work in IT, so I'm very comfortable with tech. The sound is great. We connected a Roku streaming stick to the HDMI in, at the head-unit. The same signal is sent to both TVs, at the same time. The only downside I've seen is that I haven't discovered how to run TV audio through the AV system. I don't believe it's possible with the way the system is wired.

Just got our 2023 27FBT 2 weeks ago so I will chime in.

1. cannot speak to converter either. I have not removed panels to get to it to look at it, and it appears that half of my owners manuals were missing from the briefcase of manuals that AS provides. Dealer is supposed to be sending us these.
2. The return air vents on the new coleman units are definitely better. Larger, and easier to access for cleaning so that's a plus. Thermostat is a bit weird , I will say that also. I cannot figure out how to isolate the gas furnace from electric heat either. Appfan can you shed some light on that for me?
3. Bed seems like it may be a little better, but we have our own memory foam toppers anyway so that's really not an issue for us.
4. I like the fusion touchscreen. Definitely an upgrade. Sound is great. You can download the fusion app on your phone and control the system from anywhere in your trailer, or outside from your phone, which is handy.
another question for Appfan - if you plug your Roku into the HDMU port by the radio, do you have trouble with the remote picking it up? Even with the cabinet closed. I thought the remote had to be pointing at the sensor ?

My real only dislike is the 2 piece dinette. See other threads about this. Good idea but poor design. Airstream gets an F on that one.
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:31 AM   #87
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
AF/BCC, thanks for your inputs. Much appreciated!
AgBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 05:36 AM   #88
3 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Charlotte , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcc75 View Post
Just got our 2023 27FBT 2 weeks ago so I will chime in.

2. The return air vents on the new coleman units are definitely better. Larger, and easier to access for cleaning so that's a plus. Thermostat is a bit weird , I will say that also. I cannot figure out how to isolate the gas furnace from electric heat either. Appfan can you shed some light on that for me?

4. I like the fusion touchscreen. Definitely an upgrade. Sound is great. You can download the fusion app on your phone and control the system from anywhere in your trailer, or outside from your phone, which is handy.
another question for Appfan - if you plug your Roku into the HDMU port by the radio, do you have trouble with the remote picking it up? Even with the cabinet closed. I thought the remote had to be pointing at the sensor ?

My real only dislike is the 2 piece dinette. See other threads about this. Good idea but poor design. Airstream gets an F on that one.
Coleman HVAC:
For our rig, zone 2 is the living room area thermostat control. That's the only system connected to the furnace. When you have that zone selected, you can cycle through the different heat settings (gas or electric). Gas will be the furnace and electric will be your AC heat pump. The other zone, if you have a 2nd AC, should only have electric as an option for heat. You've probably already seen this, but you can also set different temps for each zone.

Furrion Head-unit:
I do like system. I'm just a little biased. To me, it feels like Furrion builds good mobile audio platforms but their interfaces could be simplified. We stream our audio from a mix of devices and sources (Apple Music, Sirius, Spotify). It takes a bit of back-and-forth when my wife and I want to switch audio sources (phones, iPad etc.).

Roku Remote:
We have the Roku plugged into the HDMI port in the cabinet. With the Roku devices, their streaming stick is different than their "puck" systems. The puck systems use infrared remotes, which require a line of sight between the remote and the "puck". The Roku stick, which is what we have, uses a non-line-of-sight remote.

Dinette Table:
I'm thinking I'll eventually swap out the factory support system for a pair of gas struts. Something like these:
https://www.westmarine.com/springfie...-17075045.html
AppFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:12 AM   #89
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Cool

I like Roku, I have converted all of my TVs to Roku, even though when I was first cable cutting I bought Apple TV and Fire TV units. Got a free Roku when I signed up for internet at the lake. The Roku is just faster to use, fast forwards thru commercials better. The Fire is horribly slow and frustrating. The Apple TV remote is crap. Very good device.

The problem with Roku, is that they don’t use Bluetooth. I haven’t gotten my 2023 International 23FBTwin yet, but I was under the impression that you can watch tv using either the Apple TV or Fire TV by connecting via Bluetooth to the new AV system, then listen to the trailers speakers, and not the TV. I would have to think this is a better system. I do this at our lake house, as I watch TV with a projector in the living room with the Fire TV plugged into my projector and the sound via Bluetooth to my home theatre system across the room. Works great, but won’t work with Roku. Hope eventually they add bluetooth.

The other thing I like about Roku, is some of the units have an earphone jack on the remote, so I can watch tv when the DW falls asleep by listening via headphones. So, I can see doing that in the bedroom TV situation in addition to using the Bluetooth for regular viewing.

JC
xpcdoojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 03:04 PM   #90
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Anchorage , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpcdoojk View Post
The Apple TV remote is crap. Very good device.
The newest AppleTV has a much improved remote.
AKNate is offline   Reply With Quote