Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
Aux speakers 2019 Globetrotter

I can get the aux speakers to work when im watching the TV in the lounge area, but when im watching the bedroom TV i cant get it to play through aux stereo speakers. audio only comes from TV speakers on bedroom tv. Is this the normal setup? Thanks
jdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 10:11 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
2023 30' Classic
Denver , North Carolina
Yes, thats the way it's set up. Allows watching the bedroom TV on a different channel.
link2dks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
I'm going to offer a different answer that may work for you. My GT is set up so that when using the AUX mode with the television on the sound comes on thru the front and back speakers. I've never changed it as I like it that way. However, if I wanted to change my setup I believe you could;

1. Choose the audio menu while in any mode
2. This menu has options for bass / treble / balance and Fade.
3. If you choose Fade, this should allow you to have the front speakers on / the back speakers on or, place it in the middle to have both speakers on. This latter setting is where mine currently is.

In other words, if yours came set up a certain way I believe you have the ability to modify it.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:52 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Chandler , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
I can get the aux speakers to work when im watching the TV in the lounge area, but when im watching the bedroom TV i cant get it to play through aux stereo speakers. audio only comes from TV speakers on bedroom tv. Is this the normal setup? Thanks
Disclaimer - I haven't done this, but have high confidence that this will work.

If you'd like the audio from your bedroom TV to play through the Polk audio system, you could use a Bluetooth optical to transmitter such as this on your bedroom TV. You would pair it as an input to the Polk audio system just like any other Bluetooth source. BTW, external Bluetooth sources work well for me - test an external source like a cellphone to make sure yiur system will work as expected.

Alternatively, a possibly simpler solution depending on your TV source might be to take the output from somewhere else as the external input to the Polk system. For example, if you're watching a DVD or satelite TV on your bedroom TV, there is a simpler solution.

So do you want to have the TV receiver in your bedroom play everywhere, or a source that your TV is watching (e.g., DVD, satellite, streamer, etc) play over the 'house' audio?
ddrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
It looks like I probably didn’t fully understand your question or fully understand what you are looking to achieve. If your question is how to watch TV in the bedroom and use the AUX speakers in addition to the Bedroom TV speakers and, watch a separate TV program on the front TV my suggestion will do you no good. I would defer to anything “ddrg” suggests.

In our GT it is just the two of us and we have never watched television with one of us in the front and one of us in the bedroom watching 2 different shows at the same time. However, there have been times when both TV’s have been on with the same channel on each TV and I want a little more sound in the back than the TV speakers provide. In those situations, the AUX speakers are sourced by the front TV. By balancing the Fade setting between the front and back speakers, the AUX option will provide sound to the bedroom TV when the TV’s are on the same channel.

If all you want to do is watch TV in the bedroom and use the AUX speakers, (and don’t care about any other channel in the front), just put both TV’s on the same channel and you’ll get that result. If you don’t want the AUX speaker sound up front then use the Fade option to place all the sound in the bedroom.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote