Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2020, 08:00 AM   #161
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
That's right, we got slammed the next day with snow and freezing temperatures. Fortunately I had the dealer winterize before we picked up.
Now we hopefully we can head south right after Christmas if we get a break in the winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201218_095428.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	385094  
ebogiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:14 PM   #162
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Malvern , Pennsylvania
Towing Vehicle 23' vs 25' GT FBT

I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 with max towing package. Will it adequately tow either the 23' or 25'. I'm finding it difficult to get info on towing capacities. Thank you.
randythurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:35 PM   #163
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by randythurman View Post
I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 with max towing package. Will it adequately tow either the 23' or 25'. I'm finding it difficult to get info on towing capacities. Thank you.

Open the driver door, check at the lower Pillar there should be sticker that lists the max load capacity and max hitch weights. There is also info on Chevrolet.com, select Silverado, there is a Specs page, and on the spec page you can select “Capabilites” and there is a “Trailering & Payload” tab.

11000 pound towing max and over 2000 pounds payload with the Max Tow package.

That would suggest you are good with either a 23 or 25 foot Airstream.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:41 AM   #164
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
Quote:
Originally Posted by randythurman View Post
Definitely the 23 and probably the 25. It will tow both for sure. You may push the limits of it if you carry a lot of stuff with you and the 25 though.

And since you are closer to the truck limits on the 25 don't forget wear. It WILL accelerate.

But I'll bet there are more 25 folks pulling with 1/2 tons than 3/4ths.

I also had this dilemma with a GMC 1500 and we are buying a 25 Globetrotter. I had a lot of angst over the 25 because it's right on the edge of 3/4 ton territory. I chickened out and got a 3/4 ton a few weeks ago.

I don't think or feel I HAD to, I was very happy with my 2014 1/2 ton and it pulled amazingly well. But there was that seed in my head plus at 81k on the 2014 it was still worth quite a bit in trade and year end offers on new etc pushed me over the edge. Now I don't have to worry as much about what I take with me.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:06 AM   #165
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Check out the 2020 towing guide magazine on line. I towed our 2021 GT 23' from NY to Jensen Beach Fl. with our 2008 Range Rover HSE which has a 7700 lb. Max. Tow and 770 lb. Max. Tongue weight capacity and worked out just fine. I think you should be good but I would recommend a good quality weight distribution kit and anti-sway arrangement. Unfortunately it is not recommended to be used on the Range Rover as it could present issues with the air suspension system.

Experienced some sway issues from time to time but kept speed limited to around 60mph.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20201216_114622.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	562.2 KB
ID:	387093  
Old 02-07-2021, 07:02 AM   #166
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Rochester , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDude View Post
Just put an order in for a 2012 GT 27FBT. I started by reaching out to Patrick at Colonial and like he did in 2019 with my first AS he came back with an excellent quote. The unit would be built in April for May delivery. The only problem with that was the 3% increase taking affect on all builds starting on January 1.

Since acquiring my first AS (2019 FC 19CB) I have developed a relationship with Woodland Airstream in Grand Rapids Michigan. While I really like the dealership I was leery they would/could compete with Colonial. I had not had any plans to trade up for a couple more years but with the market so high on used I put my 19 on the market allowing me to move it quickly for top dollar. I reached out to Erik at Woodland and asked for a quote without giving him any of the numbers from Colonial. I was ecstatic / surprised when he came bake a half point under Colonial. The kicker was, he had 3 days left to change an order on a unit to be built in December for January delivery which would allow me to avoid the 3% increase and get the exact unit I wanted.

Once that was settled I started inquiring about the lithium upgrade that has bee lacking in information and rife with confusion. I have seen posters aggravated that to qualify for the upgrade they have to get the solar package which comes with the AGM upgrade only to have no use for the AGM’s after the upgrade. I have seen posts of folks paying anywhere from $3200 to $3500 for this upgrade. The quote I received form Woodland if I wanted to add the upgrade down the road was $1200 for each battery and $300 for the converter but this did not include the install. Erik informed me that if I had them do the upgrade prior to taking delivery of the unit he could install the package for $2500 with Woodland keeping the AGM’s and original converter. I told him to sign me up!!! I asked further and it sounds like something this dealership has decided to do this swap out on their own to make the upgrade more logical and viable to more customers.

The moral of the story is that there are some awesome smaller dealers out there providing excellent service along with value!! As a side note on the Lithium upgrade, from what I have pieced together, is that Battle Born is coming out with batteries that have an internal heating mechanism for when the temp drops to 25 while taking a charge. They are not on the Battle Born web page as of yet so I am thinking Airstream may be some of the first to get them.

Super excited to be making the move to the Globetrotter!!

PS Woodland will also be installing a 3” Dexter lift and a 250lb capacity 2” hitch receiver
Thanks TrailDude. Regarding the $2500 quote from Woodland - did that include labor? My dealer wants $3900 + tax and will not give a credit for the AGMs (says they have no use for them).

On the Battleborn heater, I called BB to ask about this and they confirmed that these are exclusive to AS for now.
dog_and_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 09:44 AM   #167
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Mount Pleasant , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog_and_cat View Post
Thanks TrailDude. Regarding the $2500 quote from Woodland - did that include labor? My dealer wants $3900 + tax and will not give a credit for the AGMs (says they have no use for them).

On the Battleborn heater, I called BB to ask about this and they confirmed that these are exclusive to AS for now.
That is correct, $2500 included labor and they kept the factory AGM's and charge converter. Woodland is a class outfit!!
2012 Ford Explorer ~ Retired
"I don't know Margo"
TrailDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:01 AM   #168
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
The 30 footer FC Office seems very nice, pity AS did not release that model on the GT line, it wold become popular. I for one would get one. Had a FC27 once but once you go GT is hard to go back
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #169
Lobber of midgets

2021 25' Globetrotter
2022 28' Pottery Barn
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaver View Post
The 30 footer FC Office seems very nice, pity AS did not release that model on the GT line, it wold become popular. I for one would get one. Had a FC27 once but once you go GT is hard to go back
Did they offer anything that would help with Internet connectivity? Like a booster with their modem/router Or even offer that as an option?
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 08:44 AM   #170
2 Rivet Member

Menlo Park , California
I installed that myself and believe you are better of arranging for that yourself than an Airstream solution...and also half the price
chrispe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:41 PM   #171
Count down to retirement

2021 25' Globetrotter
2015 23' FB International
Seabeck , Washington
Counting the days!

Got some great news from our dealer yesterday. Our delivery date (originally expected around mid-May) got moved up by a month and it appears we'll be in our 2021 Globetrotter 25 FBT by mid April.
Recently watched a great Youtube video from the DFW dealer that did a complete service walk through on a 2021 25-footer. To date, it was by far the best I have seen in covering almost every inch of this beautiful baby.
One thing I am not sure of still is what are the best sheets to use for the twin beds. I have seen custom made ones for the AS and some have said extra-long twins will work just fine. But could use a little more input if any one has an opinion.
Thanks!
Seabeckpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:35 AM   #172
Rivet Master

2015 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , Florida
We’ve found these custom twin sheets (top and bottom sheets are both fitted) are the easiest to make-up and keep in place, and are very comfortable and durable. Joe

https://www.ablifestyles.net/road-re...for-airstream/
jayseejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:44 AM   #173
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeckpuck View Post
Got some great news from our dealer yesterday. Our delivery date (originally expected around mid-May) got moved up by a month and it appears we'll be in our 2021 Globetrotter 25 FBT by mid April.
Recently watched a great Youtube video from the DFW dealer that did a complete service walk through on a 2021 25-footer. To date, it was by far the best I have seen in covering almost every inch of this beautiful baby.
One thing I am not sure of still is what are the best sheets to use for the twin beds. I have seen custom made ones for the AS and some have said extra-long twins will work just fine. But could use a little more input if any one has an opinion.
Thanks!
We purchased extra long twin sheets from Costco and they work great. You just tuck excess in the rounded corner.
DutchB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 06:16 AM   #174
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
When we bought our 25GT twin, several people recommended the long twin sheets from Target. That’s what we bought and they work very well.
I had trouble with my mattress sliding towards the isle between the beds. We bought inexpensive carpet runner mesh that keeps carpets from moving. We put that under the mattress, problem solved.

Edit, our 2020 has the tufted needle mattress. I think the 2021 has a memory foam mattress. The sliding mattress issue may not apply to 2021s.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 05:46 AM   #175
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
When we bought our 25GT twin, several people recommended the long twin sheets from Target. That’s what we bought and they work very well.
I had trouble with my mattress sliding towards the isle between the beds. We bought inexpensive carpet runner mesh that keeps carpets from moving. We put that under the mattress, problem solved.

Edit, our 2020 has the tufted needle mattress. I think the 2021 has a memory foam mattress. The sliding mattress issue may not apply to 2021s.
We have a 2021 and the sliding mattress issue is annoying. Thanks for that tip.
DutchB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:36 AM   #176
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Fort Lauderdale , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to Vitaver
Great videos showing the new GTs at the Airstream DFW site, thanks to the member suggesting them!

Can somebody detail how the winterizing is different from traditional process on them?

It shows that all tanks are now ‘enveloped’ on the climate control volume of the trailer, yet unless the furnace is running, I imagine those 12V tank and discharge elbow warmers would help keeping them from freezing. The latter are necessarily exposed, so they would freeze.

I use them on the 2020 GT 23 and they work great. An additional Voronado space heater at a lowest setting uses little juice while keeping the plumbing from freezing as well. So both there, questions and suggestions while winter camping.
Vitaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:14 AM   #177
2 Rivet Member

2017 19' International
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Monrovia , California
Looking at the Globetrotter, as an upgrade replacing our 2017 19' International CCD. Thank you for the discussion on the appliance changes. Can someone tell me about the interior fabrics and the Woven flooring? I like the Copenhagen Cream but don't want a fabric or color that is a PITA to keep looking nice. We have the light cream color now in Ultra-Leather and it is fantastic. Same with the woven flooring, is it not a smooth surface and does it trap dirt?
Kay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #178
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
We have a 2021 23' GT with the Bacelona Blue / Natural Elm interior. Twin bed version.
Love the flooring, easy to vacuum with a car vac. Does not seem to trap dirt at all since it is a very tight weave.
We have been living in it for over 2 months in Florida. Getting away from the northeast winter until end of April.
Picked it up beginning of December and towed it down end of December.
Might be interested in selling since we purchased a condo down here.
As you probably already know the lead time to get a new one at least 6 - 12 months. Let me know if you may be interested.
Old 03-17-2021, 09:34 AM   #179
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 24X
Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay0 View Post
Looking at the Globetrotter, as an upgrade replacing our 2017 19' International CCD.
If the Los Angeles dealer doesn't have one (closer to you than you are to me) you are more than welcome to come to spend all the time you want in my 27' Front Bed Twin with Natural Elm in London Grey.

I am in West Los Angeles, about 1 hour away from you on a good day.

It's parked here at the house behind a secure gate on 50 amp power. I could fill the tank or hook up city water as well.

It's not specifically up for sale. I am still debating if I want to do that and likely wouldn't until I had the next one lined up. Maybe the timing would work out. I honestly LOVE IT but wish I had gone with something smaller and lighter, to be honest.

Mine has some good stories, many posted on this site. I can tell you all the good and bad.

I highly recommend you spent as much time in one as you can before you buy to see if it makes sense for you and learn the nuances of the new systems.

For example, I was really down on the tankless Hot Water heater for a long time before I started to dial out the kinks and changes my expectations of how to use it properly.

PM if you want to come by at some point. All of this can be done safely from 6 feet away with non-contact and masks, as needed.

Our (relatively-speaking) close proximity made me think of this. I wished I had spent more than just a 1/2 day at the dealer looking at different sizes before I committed. Maybe I can help someone else out who is in the "internal-debate" stage of size and color options.

Renting the SPECIFIC model you want to research would be ideal, but that's not always possible. At least you can test-drive a car and when it's a 100,000K+ car you can't easily rent, you can test-drive for more than a trip around the block.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	390948   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1138.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	432.4 KB
ID:	390949  

Traded in a 27' Globetrotter and then a 20' Basecamp X to go with a 2023 Interstate X
AirParkOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:07 AM   #180
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Malvern , Pennsylvania
Range Rover SUV?

I note that some people are using the Range Rover SUV to tow 23' and 25' GTs. The book says the RR tongue wt is rated at about 350lbs. How is this working? I pick up my 23' GT this week after over 5 months since ordered. Excited!
randythurman is offline   Reply With Quote