Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-04-2020, 08:12 AM   #61

Glen Ellen , California
What batteries came with the solar package?

Did anyone get the PowerPlus lithium battery option? If so, what batteries came with that option?

Thanks,
SPMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:51 AM   #62
1 Rivet Member

Islamorada , Florida
Just arrived at the dealer!

Our GT 27 just arrived! Our salesperson, Enieda, who has been great, just sent a batch of pictures. Only visible notes of interest so far is that there doesn't appear to be any battery monitor and the Tuft and Needle mattress has been replaced with a different brand. (We did not order the solar package)

Now the long wait until the 15th
Island Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

Menlo Park , California
Thanks Island Timer...

Hopefully the different mattress brand is as good as the T&N ones, the T&N were reported as being very comfortable and great, not so cool that this got just changed out, for us was a selling point for the GT line...
chrispe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Litchfield Park , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Timer View Post
Our GT 27 just arrived! Our salesperson, Enieda, who has been great, just sent a batch of pictures. Only visible notes of interest so far is that there doesn't appear to be any battery monitor and the Tuft and Needle mattress has been replaced with a different brand. (We did not order the solar package)

Now the long wait until the 15th
Is this a new GT? I think the dealer switched mattresses on you. Just reviewed the current GT brochure and it still comes with a Tuft and Needle mattress. Go back to the dealer and demand your mattress.

Steve
stevejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
Is this a new GT? I think the dealer switched mattresses on you. Just reviewed the current GT brochure and it still comes with a Tuft and Needle mattress. Go back to the dealer and demand your mattress.

Steve
Before anyone goes off all half cocked and accusing the poor dealer of pulling a fast one...
The 2021 Globetrotters are clearly listed as coming with an “AdaptaFlex Memory Foam Mattress” now. It is listed on the Specs page...

https://www.airstream.com/travel-tra...pecifications/
Old 08-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #66
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Carmel , Indiana
The brochure lists the Tuft & Needle, probably where the confusion come from

https://www.airstream.com/wp-content...ure-2021-1.pdf
Mike46032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:15 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

Menlo Park , California
Thumbs up

Thanks Bruce!
Never heard of that before ever...hope it will be as good as the T&N!
chrispe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:23 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispe View Post
Thanks Bruce!
Never heard of that before ever...hope it will be as good as the T&N!
No problem...
I only knew because we have a 2021 Globetrotter on order and I’ve been studying up!
I love memory foam mattresses. A lot depends on the firmness but otherwise they are awesome.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 PM   #69
evanlapointe

2020 27' Globetrotter
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Congrats! What color scheme did you choose?
We got the gray and are loving it. Neutral. They are all great though!
evanlapointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:49 AM   #70
1 Rivet Member

Wallkill , New York
I am about to take the plunge and purchase a 2021 AS. Are models above Flying Cloud worth the money? What factory installed upgrades are worthwhile? Which upgrades are better installed after market? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
dcohen461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:04 AM   #71
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcohen461 View Post
I am about to take the plunge and purchase a 2021 AS. Are models above Flying Cloud worth the money? What factory installed upgrades are worthwhile? Which upgrades are better installed after market? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
As you have posted within a Globetrotter thread you will find responses here a little one sided. There are certainly differences between the various models, power stabilizing jacks and awnings, decor, even available options vary...

What you need is a good dealer who can explain the differences and help you discover what will be best for you. Although we all ask these questions here, an afternoon at the dealer is a great way to learn.

I’d suggest that Colonial in New Jersey is a great place to begin. They are really sold out now but they can still help.

I’d also consider a post (after doing a little searching of the forum!) in a more neutral section. Let people weigh in on their thoughts. By posting here, you will likely miss some feedback from someone who is not watching a thread on Globetrotters...
Old 08-08-2020, 08:20 AM   #72
Level 1 wandering winos

2021 25' Globetrotter
Dallas , Texas
Converter make and model?

If anyone has received their 2021 GT, I would appreciate any info on the Converter/battery charger to understand a possible upgrade to lithium batteries. If you know the make and model number, please share?

Thanks!
Joe
ASWinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 08:31 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASWinos View Post
If anyone has received their 2021 GT, I would appreciate any info on the Converter/battery charger to understand a possible upgrade to lithium batteries. If you know the make and model number, please share?

Thanks!
Joe
I have been told that Airstream will be making a change to the converter for the “...mid year” apparently the new one will utilize dip switches that allow setting for AGM or Lithium Iron battery types.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:11 AM   #74
Level 1 wandering winos

2021 25' Globetrotter
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
I have been told that Airstream will be making a change to the converter for the “...mid year” apparently the new one will utilize dip switches that allow setting for AGM or Lithium Iron battery types.
Thanks for the update, Bruce! I will be on the lookout for the change when it rolls out.

We will be taking delivery of our new GT in a couple months so it would still be good to know what converter/BC folks are getting in their 2021s....

Thx - Joe
Old 08-08-2020, 10:49 AM   #75
Njg
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Columbia , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASWinos View Post
Thanks for the update, Bruce! I will be on the lookout for the change when it rolls out.

We will be taking delivery of our new GT in a couple months so it would still be good to know what converter/BC folks are getting in their 2021s....

Thx - Joe

Airstream got back to me on the power plus package and it sounds like it comes with 2 battleborns, a warming pad for the battery box, and a WFCO lithium converter. This information was received in parts, I feel like they are still sorting this out and I had to tease some of the details out with incessant questioning. It would also be great if they gave us more of an ability to modify this setup since it is a dealer installed option, maybe they will. I think the mid year “switch” will likely be that all of the trailers come with the WFCO converter that can be switched to a lithium or a lead acid charging profile. Part of the package also involves switching the charging profile on the included victron Bluesolar 150/35 controller. In the Classic I ordered, it looks like the Bluesolar is located in the middle of the trailer, a fairly long distance from the batteries. Worried about voltage drop in that setup.
Njg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:34 AM   #76
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2021 25' Globetrotter
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Depere , Wisconsin
I picked up our 2021 GTFBT on July 28 from Woodland Airstream, Grand Rapids MI. Spent a week in northern and upper MI before returning home to Depere WI. All went well and the group at Woodland were excellent in handling our concerns and set up. The new dinette arrangement is quite different and will take time for adjustment. We have it set up as a u-shaped lounge with the 1/2 table. Works for us nicely. Over many years this will be our 4th Airstream so I am already planning my alterations to fit our living style. I must say however the ducted air conditioning is very quiet compared to the direct air unit. We can hold a conversation easily. Also the on demand hot water works fine but there are a few adjustments needed to make it work properly ie. turn the water all the way to hot...wait four the the hot water(seconds only) then adjust to required temp. If you go directly to your required temp it will continue to cycle hot/cold. The solar addition works as advertised although I will add panels and other electrical items. For the two of us there is plenty of storage inside and out.... Even for our usual 3 month winter trip. Airstream includes multiple cushions for the various dinette configurations. This is cumbersome so some will be left at home based on how we plan to live in the unit during the winter trip. I do like the auto awning and the auto stabilizers. Our colors...London grey and elm. The neutral colors work well for us and the ability to add accent color later. The included back-up camera worked perfectly and allowed us to watch traffic approaching the vehicle.
summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #77
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Dallas , Texas
Congrats on your new coach.

Did you get the 25ft or 27ft unit?

What it the thickness of your mattress? We have heard both 6.5in and 8.5in as the standard. Our unit arrives end of September, so need to order Bed sheets for our 27FBT.

Thanks...
sswanson15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #78
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2021 25' Globetrotter
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Depere , Wisconsin
25’ GBT. TWIN. Unit is in storage. I will check the mattress thickness Thursday Not sure on the thickness. I think 8.5”. We slept on these memory foam mattresses for a week. Very comfortable
summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 PM   #79
Level 1 wandering winos

2021 25' Globetrotter
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerwood View Post
25’ GBT. TWIN. Unit is in storage. I will check the mattress thickness Thursday Not sure on the thickness. I think 8.5”. We slept on these memory foam mattresses for a week. Very comfortable

Congrats on the new GT 25FBT!! It sounds wonderful! (Especially since it's the exact same unit (interior color scheme included) as the one we have on order. I'm glad you got to check it out already.

if you don't mind, when you're up at your trailer on Thursday could you also take a pic of or get the model number of your WFCO power converter front panel? I think it should be under or near you fridge.

Thks!
Joe
Old 08-11-2020, 10:12 AM   #80

Glen Ellen , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njg View Post
Airstream got back to me on the power plus package and it sounds like it comes with 2 battleborns, a warming pad for the battery box, and a WFCO lithium converter.

Thanks for the details. Did they happen to give you a price quote for this Power Plus package?
SPMax is offline   Reply With Quote