Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
Count down to retirement

2021 25' Globetrotter
2015 23' FB International
Seabeck , Washington
A new one coming

Ok - so much for the "I'll never have the 2'-itis desires".
Sold our 23-foot International Signature for pretty much what we paid for it a few years ago and have just wrapped up the order of our new 2021 Globetrotter 25 FBT.
Some thoughts going through the process:
1. Buying long-distance when you know what you want and what you want to pay for it - isn't that daunting of a task. We looked all over the country and knew that a longer distance to travel to pick it up would also mean a longer vacation when we bring it back!
2. Deals on new ones are still out there, so don't limit your buying radius to close to home. We ended up getting ours for substantially less than our local dealership was willing to quote (Covid-19 be dang'd!).
3. If you are thinking about selling (now or later) your AS, pay attention to the "wanted" section of Airstream Classifieds. Coming to the end of our travel season pushed us to the opportunities of selling the AS instead of looking under the RV-port over the winter.
4. Realize how important the AS community and Air Forums is in general. While I quickly learned that everyone has an opinion (some, on nearly everything posted) I can't tell you how much it has helped in the short time that we have been airstreamers.
I look forward to a few months from now when we leave the Pacific NW without anything behind our TV to pick up our new AS and add to the outstanding adventures we've already had and the incredible AS community that we've had the fortune to meet.
Seabeckpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Congrats on your new AS. And I too was a victim of the two disease. But it is cured now!

Just curious which part of the country gave you the best deal?
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #3
Count down to retirement

2021 25' Globetrotter
2015 23' FB International
Seabeck , Washington
Your part!
Seabeckpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:07 AM   #4
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
We went from a 23 to a 25FBT GT also. Can’t believe how different they are. Seems like twice the room inside. We like the GT interior also. (Knocking on wood) We haven’t had any issues with ours. From trips to Florida and Montana all good.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:33 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2018 25' International
Chino Hills , California
Congratulations on your 2021 25 Ft globetrotter . We started out with a 2016 22 ft Bambi . Enjoyed it for 14 months. Finding the perfect Airstream 2018 25Ft FBT International serenity. Enjoying the space . We were new to owning trailer any and wanted to make sure we would really love it . We let family & friends know we were selling within 10 minutes of posting, it sold. Friends purchased our 22 Ft Bambi are now members of our Airstream club. Airstream‘s are wonderful. The Real Silver lining is the people you meet on the journey. The Airstream community are amazing people. Wonderful adventures ahead of you. You’ll have to let us know what your name her . Ours is named “The Silver Buffalo.” # 22624 . Safe travels see you down the road neighbor.
Luke Grisott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
CKC

2021 25' International
Fall City , Washington
Yes!

I agree! We also found our new 2021 in a different state at a much, much reduced price and almost immediately available. The dealer in our area wanted to charge us 30K more for the same exact configuration with a 6 month wait period. Since we were already on vacation in another state I gave the local dealer a call and was extremely satisfied that our desired Airstream was available and at a lower price. It was an easy decision to buy and take back home with us. I also agree this forum is invaluable and has a ton of great information.
CKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 01:30 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabeckpuck View Post
Ok - so much for the "I'll never have the 2'-itis desires".
Sold our 23-foot International Signature for pretty much what we paid for it a few years ago and have just wrapped up the order of our new 2021 Globetrotter 25 FBT.
Some thoughts going through the process:
1. Buying long-distance when you know what you want and what you want to pay for it - isn't that daunting of a task. We looked all over the country and knew that a longer distance to travel to pick it up would also mean a longer vacation when we bring it back!
2. Deals on new ones are still out there, so don't limit your buying radius to close to home. We ended up getting ours for substantially less than our local dealership was willing to quote (Covid-19 be dang'd!).
3. If you are thinking about selling (now or later) your AS, pay attention to the "wanted" section of Airstream Classifieds. Coming to the end of our travel season pushed us to the opportunities of selling the AS instead of looking under the RV-port over the winter.
4. Realize how important the AS community and Air Forums is in general. While I quickly learned that everyone has an opinion (some, on nearly everything posted) I can't tell you how much it has helped in the short time that we have been airstreamers.
I look forward to a few months from now when we leave the Pacific NW without anything behind our TV to pick up our new AS and add to the outstanding adventures we've already had and the incredible AS community that we've had the fortune to meet.
Great post! I did the same thing. I knew exactly what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. I couldn't get my local AS dealer to play ball so I shopped around via phone and email and AS of Tampa was the perfect fit. Nice people and great price. I agree with this forum too. Already helped me and saved me money! Great people on here too!!
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
my story may be different.

My wife and I came to a conclusion that we would be camping more but with the 2017 Bambi Sport 16' isn't big enough for us so we decided to sell it. I put an ad in RV Trader and sold it same day at the first showing! got more than when I bought it but decided to use this to buy solar on any 2019 Flying Cloud 19CB if there's no solar. I tried to use Airstream Classified but somehow there were tech issues so I dropped it. I found 3 2019 Flying Cloud 19CB in West. no dealers have any 19' AS! new or used. I went up to Solvang, CA and saw what we liked but for some reason the seller was not cooperative and gave back the deposit! found another in Arizona that is more luxurious than two (has small awnings as shade for side and rear windows) and secured it. But the owner decided at last minute to change from company owned Airstream to under his name. that screwed it up, he didn't want to wait a month or longer for AZDOT to send him the title under his name, he was allowed to sell to AZ local buyers, so naturally it fell apart. Found one in Salt Lake City, I finally bought it after a month and half after I sold the 16' Sport I was airstreamless. for 1.5 months!

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote