Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-29-2020, 04:54 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Malvern , Pennsylvania
23 GT - First time buyer

I just ordered my 2021 GT. Very excited. First time RV buyer. Is there anyone out there who has a 23 GT and feedback? Thank you.
randythurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Have same one on order anticipating delivery in November. 23ft. Barcelona blue, twin bed version. Our second airstream first one was a 25ft. International. Loved every minute of ownership. Good luck with yours. When are you getting yours.
ebogiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Malvern , Pennsylvania
Thanks for replying. My 23 GT is due in March. That was the earliest delivery available. Ours is London Grey. We went w gas over. Both my wife's choices. Twin Beds. Seems like the ideal first time RV.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Minneapolis , Alaska
We just picked up our 2021 GT 23 FBT a few weeks ago and have spent 5 nights in it so far. We got the light wood and London grey interior. Love it! No regrets on going with the twin beds. A lot more open and the exterior trunks house all the equipment you need an space for future growth. Perfect size for 2 people plus an occasional third guest. Love the full connected bath in the rear - offers plenty of privacy and shower is large for a small trailer. We are new to RVs and also like that at this size it’s easy to tow (we have an Audi Q8) and easily fits in any site we found.

No issues so far other than it was delivered with incorrect sink covers so the dealer had to have the correct ones shipped to us. Not a big deal as there was still plenty of prep space without.

The new fridge performed great - only disappointment was that the fridge in the 2020 model was a lot “sleeker” looking and was more modern. The new one is a bit boxier.

Instant hot water heater was great. With a city water hookup and open grey tank to sewer, you could seriously have a never ending hot shower.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1195.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	377306Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	395.3 KB
ID:	377307Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1154.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	377308
bsugam75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 08:45 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
San Jose , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebogiz View Post
Have same one on order anticipating delivery in November. 23ft. Barcelona blue, twin bed version. Our second airstream first one was a 25ft. International. Loved every minute of ownership. Good luck with yours. When are you getting yours.

May I ask why you downsized from 25 to 23?
Old 08-31-2020, 05:03 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
Malvern , Pennsylvania
Thanks! Keep the 23 QT feedback coming

Great post from new 23 QT owner. I was told that once you go above the 23' you need a much heavier duty vehicle to tow. I have a Ram 1500 truck which I was told is great for the 23' but would not be sufficient for a 25' or bigger. I was a bit surprised. Apparently it has more to do with tongue weight (and not total weight). Tongue weight on 23' is about 600lbs but goes up to about 800lbs on 25' or bigger.

Thanks and keep the posts coming.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:38 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
March...wow seems like a long way off but you will have it just in time to enjoy for next season. Heard that the mfg. plant in Ohio closed down as a result of COVID19. Obviously pushing back production.
We ordered the microwave/ convection oven in lieu of the gas oven. I agree that the twin beds makes the interior space seem much larger. Excellent option on airstream part, especially in a smaller 23' platform.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:47 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Down sized since I had sold the 25' trailer and after that also sold my Ford F-350 turbo diesel tow vehicle.
Current tow vehicle is a Range Rover HSE and will not safely accommodate a larger trailer than the 23'.
Also the 23' is an excellent entry level unit for any new RV'r therefore making in a bit easier to sell when we decide to upgrade to a larger platform and tow vehicle.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:55 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Congrat's on your new GT. Enjoy every minute.
Any issues towing with your Audi? I will be towing with our Range Rover HSE and had a few concerns about it, but after some research have found that the tongue weight and trailer weight should not be an issue at all. Need to utilize the stabilizer bars to help with weight distribution from what I am told. Also having a 7 point wireless brake controller unit installed.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Enjoy ... wife especially like the convection microwave in lieu of the gas oven.
PS ... you are correct on the additional tongue weight of the 25 instead of the 23; however, we have never experienced any problem towing with with either a Ford 1/2 T or a Chev 1/2 T ... we tried two diesels and are back to gas 1/2 and loving it!
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 23' Globetrotter
Ottawa , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsugam75 View Post
We just picked up our 2021 GT 23 FBT a few weeks ago and have spent 5 nights in it so far. We got the light wood and London grey interior. Love it! No regrets on going with the twin beds. A lot more open and the exterior trunks house all the equipment you need an space for future growth. Perfect size for 2 people plus an occasional third guest. Love the full connected bath in the rear - offers plenty of privacy and shower is large for a small trailer. We are new to RVs and also like that at this size it’s easy to tow (we have an Audi Q8) and easily fits in any site we found.

No issues so far other than it was delivered with incorrect sink covers so the dealer had to have the correct ones shipped to us. Not a big deal as there was still plenty of prep space without.

The new fridge performed great - only disappointment was that the fridge in the 2020 model was a lot “sleeker” looking and was more modern. The new one is a bit boxier.

Instant hot water heater was great. With a city water hookup and open grey tank to sewer, you could seriously have a never ending hot shower.

Attachment 377306Attachment 377307Attachment 377308
Looking at purchasing the 23T do you mind posting a picture of the fridge (exterior and interior)? thanks in advance
LAStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:15 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
2014 22' FB Sport
East Texas , Texas
@myfly2 We just upgraded to a 23' GT from at Sport 22. Question: Why did you go back to gas from your diesel trucks?

I've been pulling my Sport 22 with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel. It was perfect for that job, loved it. But, will feel much more comfortable with a 1/2 ton truck for the 23'. We're looking at getting an F150 diesel for the tank range and power with max tow pkg. Other than keeping up with the DEF, other reasons? Thanks!
Imustwander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:50 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsugam75 View Post

Attachment 377306Attachment 377307Attachment 377308
Curious to know which weight distribution system you decided to go with?
Old 10-31-2020, 08:09 PM   #14

2021 23' Globetrotter
Fremont , California
Ahh! So happy to see a post about the 2021 GT 23ft’er (twin beds). We too are first timers and will be driving 4 hours south from where we live to pick up ours next week. We have a 2016 Tundra and can’t wait to make memories in the new addition. I’m curious to see how many of you have/utilized the stock solar? Also are any of you utilizing the WiFi router option or using mobile hotspots for internet activity within your trailer? Thanks in advance.

The Real Hilo Tribe
& Amber the Airstream
realhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 23' Globetrotter
Ottawa , Ontario
We ordered our 2021 GT 23 (twin) Barcelona blue last month. Hoping delivery by next spring. We did not order solar (just not interested in it). We did order the microwave instead of the stove. What colour is yours and were you able to actually see it in person or is pick up going to be your first time?
Old 11-02-2020, 07:05 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAStorm View Post
We ordered our 2021 GT 23 (twin) Barcelona blue last month. Hoping delivery by next spring. We did not order solar (just not interested in it). We did order the microwave instead of the stove. What colour is yours and were you able to actually see it in person or is pick up going to be your first time?
Ours is also the Barcelona blue, twin beds, microwave and solar. Picking up end of November.
Only one the dealer had was the London grey with the queen bed. Like the twin format much better since it makes a smaller trailer look more spacious and the Barcelona blue was the color scheme we wanted.
Will give more input once we pick get to use it. What are you planning on using for a tow vehicle?
Ordered the Curt Echo 7 way wireless brake controller still haven't decided on which weight distribution system we are going to use.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:08 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Charlottesville , Virginia
Also have a 23GT Twin (Barcelona Blue) due in April. Fun to daydream about it and see posts from others who have already gotten theirs. Keep em' coming!

I'm getting a ProPride hitch and will be pulling with a new Ford F-150 Hybrid.
duvaltarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 23' Globetrotter
Ottawa , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebogiz View Post
Ours is also the Barcelona blue, twin beds, microwave and solar. Picking up end of November.
Only one the dealer had was the London grey with the queen bed. Like the twin format much better since it makes a smaller trailer look more spacious and the Barcelona blue was the color scheme we wanted.
Will give more input once we pick get to use it. What are you planning on using for a tow vehicle?
Ordered the Curt Echo 7 way wireless brake controller still haven't decided on which weight distribution system we are going to use.
Would love to see some pictures of the inside when you get it We will be towing with a Nissan Titan. We had a Honda Ridgeline for towing our last trailer (Sport 22). We found both good towing vehicles. The Titan is just way more powerful and we prefer it.
Old 11-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #19
1 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2021 23' Globetrotter
Ottawa , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by duvaltarheel View Post
Also have a 23GT Twin (Barcelona Blue) due in April. Fun to daydream about it and see posts from others who have already gotten theirs. Keep em' coming!

Congrats...I can't wait for next spring
Old 11-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Globetrotter
southold , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by duvaltarheel View Post

Pro Pride Hitch... Excellent choice, top of the line but pricey. You get what you pay for.
Will give more info. when we get ours end of November. Can't wait.
We had a 25' International and loved every minute of it when we lived in California, able to use it year round. Sold it in 2012 after moving back to N.Y.