Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
I could be wrong but our dealer said the stock converter is switchable from AGM to Lithiun. I would be more concerned on the lame 1000 watt stock inverter.

Iím scheduled to have our 50 amp converted to a 3000 Victron in February with 300- 600 amps of lithium.
I will 2x check this weekend but, the WF-8930/50 in mine, the online doc did not show a switch from wet to LI option. WFCO shows a REP unit can be installed/swapped vs pulling the total unit. I just want the proper ability to keep (2) of the BB 100AH batteries I pulled from my other trailer charged properly as the cycles are different between them.
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 04:31 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Cumming , Georgia
So.... GOOD NEWS... (so I got with Airstream support, gave them my model, year and such). A nice PDF came back saying that for LiPo I'd need to get a WF-9850LI. So I ordered one this week. THE GOOD NEWS THOUGH IS... was up at Marvin today (its now registered name) looking for where the converter is. I could see it to the left-ish of the wardrobe looking through/under the water pump area. The converter is a WFCO WF-9855LIS (switchable!!!). You can either run a remote switch -or- run a short 2" jumper between the WAGO connectors which are right above the fuses per WFCO instruction manual/pdf. HOW GREAT IS THAT!!!

So when the WF9850LI comes in it will go right back out for a return, and next weekend I will pull the AGMs and put my BattleBorns in. WOO and HOO.

Hope this tidbit of information helps.
Old 03-19-2022, 04:50 PM   #23

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Cornwall , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by retired-ccie View Post
We are about ready to pull the trigger on a 2022 GT 27FBT and I am trying to get some details about the power system (manufacturer part numbers). Any help or pointers for the following would be greatly appreciated:

1. What is the model of the Victron solar unit? We are planning on ordering with the factory installed solar upgrade.
2. What is the manufacturer/model of the 1000W inverter?
3. What is the wattage of the microwave? Can it run off the 1000W inverter?
4. If needed, any recommendations on upgrades for the 1000W inverter to a 2000W or 3000W inverter?

Thanks in advance and apologies if these answers are elsewhere. My searches never came up with the details I was looking for.

Ian
Just a heads up, you aren't getting a 2022 unless it's in stock.
The Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:07 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Cumming , Georgia
To-get-to the WF9855LiS, you either need a trained squirrel, the arms of an octopus -or- to remove the wardrobe closet left side floor section.

After that removal (and there were some pocket screws on the inner left you can not see or reach that just came out and I will reinstall that 1x2 board on the left just above the base with some support from underneath). Not a biggie.

NEVER THE LESS. I could then reach my converter and put in the small jumper wire. Worked like a champ....14.x volts showing! (Now just need to switch the Victron to position #7 on the pot dial to charge LiPo). Hoping that is up front under the pass side bed area.

The converter has a WAGO (mouse trap) box on the "Labeled" side. Just reach in, push each upward/downward... insert the jumper wire, and close them.

BE PREPARED for the nightmare mess of wire and tubing below.... If you are A/D/D or a neat-orderly person, its crazy. Screws on the floor.... hose holding fittings just around the tubing not secure... my winter flush hose is routed towards the front of the coach and not actually coiled in the immediate area where the pump is.... can't even pull it back for some reason. (I will fix that today). THE CONVERTER is just laying on the ground.

So AIRSTREAM.... Mount the box on the wall it is right next to. That might take 2 minutes max and provide better ventilation for the converter itself... and route the items underneath nicely. Make the whole unit proper not just what we see from the outside.
Old 03-27-2022, 04:35 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Chatham , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post
To-get-to the WF9855LiS, you either need a trained squirrel, the arms of an octopus -or- to remove the wardrobe closet left side floor section.
That is no joke. We have a 22 GT 30RB and the converter\charger is underneath the power distribution panel below the fridge. I had to remove the faceplate of the distro panel leaving 2.5 inches of access to the WAGO to place the jumper wire. I'll try to find a creative way with some long needle nose pliers to jump the converter for LI. I'm really hoping it wont require pulling the distro panel out to gain better access.

Mako
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 05:53 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Cumming , Georgia
Completed the task today. The Victron unit is under the passenger side, front most area, of the twin. It was four screws (well remove the caps first) and the corner cover will remove. The Inverter -and- Victron are there.

If you wanted to install the Bluetooth unit vs the direct connection to your monitor below the TV in the galley area, that is where it is.

The rotary dial (itty bitty pot dial) you set to #7 for LiPo and look REAL carefully for the arrow imbedded in the dial itself.

Side note.... My Battleborns fit easy to replace the AGMs, although you will have to cut off two of the traditional wire connections and replace with a nice copper eye-hole type connector(s). I also "trimmed" the three rivets on the inside of the box used to secure the Zamp external mount. That is nothing more than a +, - receptical to small wired connectors to the batteries. (I may replace those with what I had before which were much more substantial and connected directly to my 200W SolarSuitcase w/30' extension)

HOPE THE ITEMS MENDIONED DID HELP.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:56 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
That is no joke. We have a 22 GT 30RB and the converter\charger is underneath the power distribution panel below the fridge. I had to remove the faceplate of the distro panel leaving 2.5 inches of access to the WAGO to place the jumper wire. I'll try to find a creative way with some long needle nose pliers to jump the converter for LI. I'm really hoping it wont require pulling the distro panel out to gain better access.

Mako
Replacing the left side floor of the closet was MUCH MUCH easier/faster but the converter, as you said, if you had some L O N G angle needle nose you could do it. Flip up the two locks, insert one or both wire sides and locks back down.
Old 03-28-2022, 09:58 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Our 2022 25 fbt globetrotter came with the WF 9855LiS and has a small led flashing toggle switch for changing from LA to lithium. Maybe this was a later factory change for the good. We took delivery in early February.
Last Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:11 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Chatham , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaamacat View Post
Side note.... My Battleborns fit easy to replace the AGMs, although you will have to cut off two of the traditional wire connections and replace with a nice copper eye-hole type connector(s). I also "trimmed" the three rivets on the inside of the box used to secure the Zamp external mount. That is nothing more than a +, - receptical to small wired connectors to the batteries. (I may replace those with what I had before which were much more substantial and connected directly to my 200W SolarSuitcase w/30' extension)
I'm curious if you would share a photo or two of your finished work in the battery box. My next project to install a couple of GC2's as well.

Mako
Old 03-29-2022, 10:14 PM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Globetrotter
Chatham , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Mango View Post
Our 2022 25 fbt globetrotter came with the WF 9855LiS and has a small led flashing toggle switch for changing from LA to lithium. Maybe this was a later factory change for the good. We took delivery in early February.
Nice. We received ours 2 weeks ago and the switch wasn't included. Don't see us switching back to AGM for any reason, but having that sure expedites the lithium install.

Mako
Old 03-30-2022, 05:28 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Nice. We received ours 2 weeks ago and the switch wasn't included. Don't see us switching back to AGM for any reason, but having that sure expedites the lithium install.

Mako
Same here...I won't be swapping back.

Suggestion. This kit from Amazon is EXCELLENT, because you will have to cut off a + and - traditional battery end and replace with copper eye ends. And to clear the battery removal and install you may want to remove the LP Tank cover so that the batter cover can swing back just a smidge further.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TKDMR 130Pcs AWG 8 6 4 2 Copper Wire Lugs with Heat Shrink Set,60Pcs Heavy Duty Battery Cable Closed End Cable Lugs ​Tubular Ring Terminals Connectors with 70Pcs Heat Shrink Tubing.
Old 04-05-2022, 03:01 PM   #32

Chesapeake , Arkansas
Anyone install a Victron Multiplus II 3000 in a GT or International 27FB Twin? Wondering where the Multiplus would fit.
Pdish24 is offline   Reply With Quote