Old 07-20-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Taylor Ridge , Illinois
2020 Trips Campground GFCI Breaker

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a 2020 27í FB twin with 50 amp Service.

At home I have 30 amp service (no GFCI) in my shop where I store the unit. I plug in using a 30 to 50 dog bone adapter. No issues.

At two campgrounds that weíve been to when I plugged into the 30 amp GFCI breaker on the post it tripped immediately. After a bit of trouble shooting we determined that if we turned off circuit #7, we could connect without tripping the breaker. This circuit powers the inverter, and various receptacles including both TVs and the blue ray. Iíve tried unplugging the TVs and other items on that circuit and that doesnít help.

I should also note that we had no issues at another campground that had 50 amp service. I donít remember if it was protected with a GFCI breaker.

I called in to talk to a service manager and he said it was very likely that there wasnít enough amperage at the post. I donít think that is the issue because I tried other posts and other Airstreams at the rally had no issues.

Any suggestions for further troubleshooting?
Kwils25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:58 AM   #2
dst
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
The Woodlands , Texas
Is the AC running when it trips? Is the water heater running on AC when it trips? If no to those questions then the odds of the pedestal not having enough amperage is really slim. My vote would be faulty converter, perhaps when it starts a charge cycle. I had a camper years ago that would occasionally trip the GFCI on the front porch that I plugged into. The inverter and fridge were the only things running.
dst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Taylor Ridge , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by dst View Post
Is the AC running when it trips? Is the water heater running on AC when it trips? If no to those questions then the odds of the pedestal not having enough amperage is really slim. My vote would be faulty converter, perhaps when it starts a charge cycle. I had a camper years ago that would occasionally trip the GFCI on the front porch that I plugged into. The inverter and fridge were the only things running.

No, the AC and water heater are off when this happens. The campgroundís GFCI trips immediately when I plug in with very little on in trailer. Iíll be taking it in for service.
Kwils25 is offline   Reply With Quote