Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-06-2022, 03:02 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Flying Cloud
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
2016 23' International
Currently Looking...
Peachtree City , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffit View Post
I see the 23’ still has the ridiculous dinette with the useless curved corner cushions. Difficult to store if you do use that area as a bed for a little person and impossible to sit sideways with your feet up to read or watch tv. We had 3 cushions custom made to fit that area properly. I do agree that the twin bed configuration is an improvement. It would behoove Airstream to ask current owners for suggestions as to layout improvements.

Agree with the comments about the cushions. We removed the curved cushions in our 30’ and added customs or our own.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:09 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpcdoojk View Post
I would be talking to my dealer if I wanted the Twin beds. If the unit is not in production currently, I can't imagine that it would matter at all to when you get the unit?

My plan is the International 23 FB, I need to talk to the DW about the Twin. I like the additional functional floor space, more dog space, and the north to south orientation.

jc
Ditto on the "more dog space"---that's a huge plus having the extra walking length and a place for dawgus to stay out from underfoot. : )
Stevienext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jenkins View Post
We had a 2018 FC 23FBQ briefly. We enjoyed it, but playing hunchback getting out around the Queen bed for those middle of the night visits got old.

We were very fortunate to luck into a 2022 GT 23FBT earlier this year.

The twin beds are a game changer. Although identical in interior dimensions, the perception of additional length the twin beds give opens up the trailer visually. We like the cool gadgets that come with the GT, but honestly would have opted for the FC had it been available.

I *really* like the full width bathroom, and the fact I can tow with my gas Ram 1500 which fits in the garage is a huge plus after my 2500 diesel. I think Airstream will hit a home run with these 23 FC/I FBTs,
Glad you had good fortune getting into a twin floorplan! I agree---AS knocked it out of the park with this mod on the 23-footers: added space (can actually get dressed in the bedroom with plenty of elbow and sitting room, PLUS the fact that smaller, less-gas-guzzling tow vehicles can be used with the 23-footers. Win-Win. Also like that the 23-footers can go just about anywhere to boondock.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:18 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambisafari View Post
Our 23 FBT has been on order since Sept 21. It was originally a Globetrotter but now it’s in International. We have a date now the end of July and could make changes until a week ago.
Good to know orders can be changed pretty much up until the last month...Thanks for the info!
Old 07-06-2022, 11:23 AM   #25
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Yep, 23 footers have their pluses, but my preference is the Flying Cloud 25FB Twin---got my eye on that optional hatch that opens up off the dinette area...
Old 07-06-2022, 11:24 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
They have had twin option on the GT model for few years; my brother in law was going to get one, but opted for a Bigfoot twin instead.

Twin beds offer many benefits folks may miss when deciding; 2 extra compartments outside, more sleeping area (34" each -68" total- vs 60 for a queen), more room to move around/change, easier to make the bed's, no disturbing partner when you get up for what ever, and storage under the twins for each party is nice...easier to get to the compartments vs the queen, IMHO. Not sure I have seen a post where someone said converted a twin AS to a Queen; but lots of folks have converted the queen to a twin!

I have also seen, many folks get a 23' also, who have moved up to a 25' in a year or so...just saying...
Yep, 23 footers have their plusses, but my preference is the Flying Cloud 25FB Twin---got my eye on that optional hatch that opens up off the dinette area...
Old 07-06-2022, 12:46 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2018 26' Flying Cloud
WARNER ROBINS , GA
The new 23 FBT looks pretty good, though we still LOVE our 26 RBT. As far as boon docking goes, the 17 or 19 black tank won't get you away from the dump station too long. But it still looks like a nice layout.
jrwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:15 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambisafari View Post
Our 23 FBT has been on order since Sept 21. It was originally a Globetrotter but now it’s in International. We have a date now the end of July and could make changes until a week ago.
please post pictures and let us know everything about it!!!!!!

jc
xpcdoojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:27 PM   #29
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Smile

Has anyone seen an updated floor plan and specification sheet for the new 23 FBTs? It would be nice to see what other small changes that are in store.

It was about this time last year that they put out the 2022 Brochure, I would sure like to see the 2023. I would, also, like some of the actual dimensions inside the trailer. I have never seen those published.

I am pretty certain that when I order my unit next year, that I will be ordering the International 23 FBT.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:36 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffit View Post
I see the 23’ still has the ridiculous dinette with the useless curved corner cushions. Difficult to store if you do use that area as a bed for a little person and impossible to sit sideways with your feet up to read or watch tv. We had 3 cushions custom made to fit that area properly. I do agree that the twin bed configuration is an improvement. It would behoove Airstream to ask current owners for suggestions as to layout improvements.
The online ‘Rivet’ blog/magazine we received via email 6/28 shows a picture of the new dinette with right angle corners, along with a number of photographs of the new interiors. See attached.

I suspect the floor plan depicting the curved cushions is incorrect and will be updated in due course.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0AA1B30B-CA94-4B55-A71D-0F8B7667BCE7.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	334.2 KB
ID:	419035  
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 03:44 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
I hope this link works; this is the ‘Rivet’ blog entry with the information on the new floor plans.

https://www.airstream.com/blog/twin-...b-floor-plans/
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jenkins View Post
The online ‘Rivet’ blog/magazine we received via email 6/28 shows a picture of the new dinette with right angle corners, along with a number of photographs of the new interiors. See attached.

I suspect the floor plan depicting the curved cushions is incorrect and will be updated in due course.
good catch. Actual pictures probably more current than the floorplan with the curved dinette.

So, do we all agree that doing away with the curved dinette is a good thing?

jc
Old 07-07-2022, 03:47 PM   #33
SR

2014 23' FB International
DFW , Texas
Traditionally, the Flying Cloud 23FB dinette was configured with corner cushions and the International 23FB dinette was not. The unit pictured above in post #30 looks like an International 23FB.
SimRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 06:40 PM   #34

2016 28' International
Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
We really wanted the twin beds but don’t want to cancel our current order of a FC23FB. We are 10 months in at this point. Probably will convert soon after we get it. When we get it.

Your dealer may be able to change to a twin
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:25 AM   #35

Currently Looking...
Miami , Florida
Was at the dealer yesterday to place an order for 2023 FC 23FBT and to my surprise the dealer told me that they just had a cancellation on one that was currently in production and I will get it next month (8/22). It had every option and the interior color I was going to order. My first AS and will be my first time camping. Getting a head start on retirement.
MiamiRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 04:55 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2023 23' Flying Cloud
2014 30' International
2003 25' Classic
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRoy View Post
Was at the dealer yesterday to place an order for 2023 FC 23FBT and to my surprise the dealer told me that they just had a cancellation on one that was currently in production and I will get it next month (8/22). It had every option and the interior color I was going to order. My first AS and will be my first time camping. Getting a head start on retirement.
Please send us pictures when you get it. I ordered mine last week.
Rbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:22 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Calgary , Alberta
2023 Fying Cloud 23 FBT

Airstream has made some great changes to the 23 flying cloud - twin beds, upgraded entertainment system and better solar/battery options. I see though that as of last year a microwave is no longer part of the standard kit. We would be comfortable with a convection microwave but was wondering if this option is deleted is the replacement cooktop of the same quality?
Air2Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:58 PM   #38
r3z
2 Rivet Member

Los Angeles , California
Love the twins

We were able to replace our 23CB to a 25FBT. The twin beds are great as everyone says, but if I recall starting the 25 ft, the trailers are 8 inches wider. If this stands true for the 2023 year, I wonder how it will impact the twin beds and overall space.
r3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 10:16 PM   #39
r3z
2 Rivet Member

Los Angeles , California
Found a video link for anyone curious.

https://youtu.be/jHAQS5NSZ6w
r3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 06:29 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Enough View Post
We would be comfortable with a convection microwave but was wondering if this option is deleted is the replacement cooktop of the same quality?
I don’t understand what you are asking?