Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2022, 04:35 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Smile Twin Bed Option on 2023 Flying Cloud 23FB

Just saw that AS is now offering the twin bed option for its 2023 Flying Cloud 23FB model (also on the International). Now if they would just copy the floorplan of the Caravel 20FB with the L-shaped galley I would truly be a happy camper!
Stevienext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
That’s going to be a big seller.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:51 PM   #3
Escape Pod II

2022 23' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Orange , Texas
Yes, I would like to have the twin beds in my 23FB Flying Cloud but the galley is ok as is..
Old 06-29-2022, 03:30 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2024 20' Basecamp
Lake Norman , North Carolina
We really wanted the twin beds but don’t want to cancel our current order of a FC23FB. We are 10 months in at this point. Probably will convert soon after we get it. When we get it.
DogMomDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ware View Post
Yes, I would like to have the twin beds in my 23FB Flying Cloud but the galley is ok as is..
I hear ya---but personally, I like how the L-shaped kitchen puts the galley at the end and I can cook in a separate area from the table, seating and bedroom so no one is underfoot (including dog).
Old 06-29-2022, 08:56 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMomDeb View Post
We really wanted the twin beds but don’t want to cancel our current order of a FC23FB. We are 10 months in at this point. Probably will convert soon after we get it. When we get it.
Yeah, I don't blame ya. Your situation makes me wonder, though, if a customer with an order already placed can request additional options within the waiting period...assuming the request is timely and doesn't interfere with the build that is in progress.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:58 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jenkins View Post
That’s going to be a big seller.
Agree! Bet the orders are already rolling in.
Old 06-29-2022, 09:50 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Floorplan of the Flying Cloud 23FB TWIN

Thought you might appreciate a pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC23FB Twin.png
Views:	109
Size:	811.8 KB
ID:	418576
Old 06-29-2022, 09:59 AM   #9
Escape Pod II

2022 23' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Orange , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevienext View Post
Yeah, I don't blame ya. Your situation makes me wonder, though, if a customer with an order already placed can request additional options within the waiting period...assuming the request is timely and doesn't interfere with the build that is in progress.
I would definitely give that a shot.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:00 AM   #10
Escape Pod II

2022 23' Flying Cloud
2018 22' Sport
Orange , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevienext View Post
thought you might appreciate a pic:

Attachment 418576
bingo!
Old 06-29-2022, 10:31 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2018 23' Flying Cloud
Hamilton , Ontario
Dinette

I see the 23’ still has the ridiculous dinette with the useless curved corner cushions. Difficult to store if you do use that area as a bed for a little person and impossible to sit sideways with your feet up to read or watch tv. We had 3 cushions custom made to fit that area properly. I do agree that the twin bed configuration is an improvement. It would behoove Airstream to ask current owners for suggestions as to layout improvements.
Ruffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 11:10 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffit View Post
I see the 23’ still has the ridiculous dinette with the useless curved corner cushions. Difficult to store if you do use that area as a bed for a little person and impossible to sit sideways with your feet up to read or watch tv. We had 3 cushions custom made to fit that area properly. I do agree that the twin bed configuration is an improvement. It would behoove Airstream to ask current owners for suggestions as to layout improvements.
Good point. I saw someone else (in a video) who addressed that issue. They removed those cushions as well and added their own.
Old 06-29-2022, 11:14 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Sherwood , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ware View Post
bingo!
Thanks! Your bigger pic is an improvement. : )
Old 06-29-2022, 12:22 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
springfield , Missouri
Quote:
I would be talking to my dealer if I wanted the Twin beds. If the unit is not in production currently, I can't imagine that it would matter at all to when you get the unit?

My plan is the International 23 FB, I need to talk to the DW about the Twin. I like the additional functional floor space, more dog space, and the north to south orientation.

jc
xpcdoojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 01:45 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

2022 19' Bambi
Columbus , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpcdoojk View Post
I would be talking to my dealer if I wanted the Twin beds. If the unit is not in production currently, I can't imagine that it would matter at all to when you get the unit?

My plan is the International 23 FB, I need to talk to the DW about the Twin. I like the additional functional floor space, more dog space, and the north to south orientation.

jc
Our 23 FBT has been on order since Sept 21. It was originally a Globetrotter but now it’s in International. We have a date now the end of July and could make changes until a week ago.
Bambisafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
We had a 2018 FC 23FBQ briefly. We enjoyed it, but playing hunchback getting out around the Queen bed for those middle of the night visits got old.

We were very fortunate to luck into a 2022 GT 23FBT earlier this year.

The twin beds are a game changer. Although identical in interior dimensions, the perception of additional length the twin beds give opens up the trailer visually. We like the cool gadgets that come with the GT, but honestly would have opted for the FC had it been available.

I *really* like the full width bathroom, and the fact I can tow with my gas Ram 1500 which fits in the garage is a huge plus after my 2500 diesel. I think Airstream will hit a home run with these 23 FC/I FBTs,
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 06:25 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2024 20' Basecamp
Lake Norman , North Carolina
Quote:
It would be considered a new order. We decided to go ahead with the queen and see how it works. If we really want the twins then we can get someone to convert it and add lithium batteries.
DogMomDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:20 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Just saw that AS is now offering the twin bed option for its 2023 Flying Cloud 23FB model (also on the International). Now if they would just copy the floorplan of the Caravel 20FB with the L-shaped galley I would truly be a happy camper!
They have had twin option on the GT model for few years; my brother in law was going to get one, but opted for a Bigfoot twin instead.

Twin beds offer many benefits folks may miss when deciding; 2 extra compartments outside, more sleeping area (34" each -68" total- vs 60 for a queen), more room to move around/change, easier to make the bed's, no disturbing partner when you get up for what ever, and storage under the twins for each party is nice...easier to get to the compartments vs the queen, IMHO. Not sure I have seen a post where someone said converted a twin AS to a Queen; but lots of folks have converted the queen to a twin!

I have also seen, many folks get a 23' also, who have moved up to a 25' in a year or so...just saying...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 09:38 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
CHANDLER , Arizona
Floor plans revolve around tank and door placement. The rear kitchen requires the door move forward of wheel well. Thus no twin bed. It’s the format just discontinued.
dgsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Woodinville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambisafari View Post
Our 23 FBT has been on order since Sept 21. It was originally a Globetrotter but now it’s in International. We have a date now the end of July and could make changes until a week ago.
We had ordered the GT 23 FBT in January, then it was changed to an I 23 FBT, 2023 model, two weeks later. Late July delivery, hopefully. I won't miss the powered stabilizers, but am a little unsure of the sliding cabinet doors. Something we'll get used to, in the grand scheme of things.