Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2018, 08:58 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Midlothian , Texas
Redecorating

Now that we have Rosie all fixed up and back home - we are thinking of doing some redecorating in her this summer (when it's too hot to camp here in Tx) - we are taking out the dinette booth and hubby is putting a breakfast "bar" - under the TV and around under the windows so I have more room for food prep and a butcher block area for putting hot things out of the oven. Storage under all of this...........

Then

we are thinking about taking out the uncomfortable sofa and putting in reclining chairs for both of us - any suggestions on recliners out there? Also - these furniture pieces are only 60 days old now and have only been used twice - would other FC owners be interested in them? Maybe for anyone doing a re-do of an older trailer? They will be wrapped and stored in our Barn (hubby's workshop with central heat/air, kitchen and bath and satellite tv - but we call it the barn - lol) Anyway - we are south of Dallas area if anyone is interested in them.
TexasMarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Midlothian , Texas
making progress

well we are making progress - will post pictures soon - the dinette area is gone!! replaced with a nice counter top with storage underneath - more space for the ice maker and a crock pot when needed and even space for a little stool underneath if you want a quick cup of coffee. Yesterday the sofa came out and we have purchased two very nice recliners that will go in that space very soon along with a side table and storage table in between. I'll send pics soon!! we are so very excited about all of this - getting our FC competed with the things that we like and will use. Gotta say something - that sofa was not at all comfortable - even to sit and read for a couple of hours - just felt like a pillow on top of a piece of wood - oops - that's what it is - a pillow top on a piece of wood -
Old 09-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
The Warthog

2019 28' Flying Cloud
Spearfish , All over
Any updates?
GSansoucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMarci View Post
Now that we have Rosie all fixed up and back home - we are thinking of doing some redecorating in her this summer (when it's too hot to camp here in Tx) - we are taking out the dinette booth and hubby is putting a breakfast "bar" - under the TV and around under the windows so I have more room for food prep and a butcher block area for putting hot things out of the oven. Storage under all of this...........

Then

we are thinking about taking out the uncomfortable sofa and putting in reclining chairs for both of us - any suggestions on recliners out there? Also - these furniture pieces are only 60 days old now and have only been used twice - would other FC owners be interested in them? Maybe for anyone doing a re-do of an older trailer? They will be wrapped and stored in our Barn (hubby's workshop with central heat/air, kitchen and bath and satellite tv - but we call it the barn - lol) Anyway - we are south of Dallas area if anyone is interested in them.
We just remodeled our 2008 Airstream 27FB Safari SE. We did much the same thing, except just added one Lambright recliner from Brand and Hall and shortened the lounge adding a cabinet under the TV. Here are a few pictures. You can see most of our remodel here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f468...se-186848.html

Debbie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6nZnaH4IQg+Umobeg7hYvA.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	322156   Click image for larger version

Name:	mGVSoTCfS7eI9vNlaIBw+A.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	322157  

Name:	NKousdaGR8Gq6KEz6VSaMQ.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	322158  
DBSteed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 03:58 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Midlothian , Texas
our changes are finished!

Hubby did a nice worktop and storage where the dinette booth used to be and we took out the uncomfortable ""sofa"" altogether and put in these recliners - so much more comfortable for those rainy days and watching an evening movie. I attached the photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rosie countertop.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	322216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rosie recliners.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	322217  

Old 09-16-2018, 07:55 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Queen Creek , Arizona
Colors

I would like to make some add-ons for my 2016 fc. Any info about how to match the cabinet and formica colors and finishes? My interior is the same as the one in the pix.
QC TORPEDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:59 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Queen Creek , Arizona
Colors 2

CLARIFICATION--my interior cabinets are the color of the ones in the DBSTEED post. Thanks.
QC TORPEDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Blairsville , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by QC TORPEDO View Post
CLARIFICATION--my interior cabinets are the color of the ones in the DBSTEED post. Thanks.
Our remodel was done by Coachcraft by MacDonald in Columbus, GA. They have an onsite cabinet shop that is truly awesome. They have all the CAD equipment, so they had no trouble with the curves in the AS. They were able to find the laminate wood that matched perfectly. That was one of my issues. I wanted it to match the existing wood in the AS. You may be able to order it from Airstream. I did give Coachcraft all the numbers on the Title. Good luck on your upgrades.

Debbie and David Steed
DBSteed is offline   Reply With Quote