Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Flying Cloud
Branson West , Missouri
Newbie First Post

Our 2022 Flying Cloud 23CB Bunk arrives July 22. We picked up a new 2021 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD to pull it. Our last coach was a 2001 Country Coach 40’. I’ve added the Battle Born Energy Towable 30A, 200amp hour package, convection microwave, the awning package, and for 2022, I was told no convection and gas oven is possible. Instead a 7.5 gas/electric fridge now is standard and your only choice is convection or non convection. E4 10,000 pound weight distribution hitch setup. Can’t wait to get to know all my fellow Airstream enthusiasts.
Tablerocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:02 PM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 05:33 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the "twilight zone" in terms of just what will be on your 2022. In a normal year, they would start releasing documents in about 2 to 4 weeks. This year ... who knows. There are still models out there for 2020 that do not (yet) have all their documentation ....

(Yes, I'm waiting for the "real" info on my 2022 ....).

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:27 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2021 23' Flying Cloud
Branson West , Missouri
Wow….. good to know…. Curious if one of my key reasons for choosing Airstream is valid? My research seemed to show many other non-Airstream campers suffered from sometimes drastic manufacturing flaws and design defects, while many reports I read on Airstream seemed to tell a far reliable and consistent end product. My visual inspection of dozens of manufacturers seemed to confirm a much better fit and finish with Airstream. How close to reality is my perception?
Tablerocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:18 AM   #5
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablerocked View Post
Wow….. good to know…. Curious if one of my key reasons for choosing Airstream is valid? My research seemed to show many other non-Airstream campers suffered from sometimes drastic manufacturing flaws and design defects, while many reports I read on Airstream seemed to tell a far reliable and consistent end product. My visual inspection of dozens of manufacturers seemed to confirm a much better fit and finish with Airstream. How close to reality is my perception?
Hi

Your evaluation is correct (at least from everything I've seen and heard). However, no trailer outfit is perfect. Indeed if you compare a "cheap" Airstream to a "fancy" class A ( costing > $600K) you will likely see some level of improvement.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:27 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Grass Lake , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablerocked View Post
That is one of the main reasons we went with the AS for this (our 6th) RV. We have had some terrible experiences with SOB trailers. Our 3rd year in the AS and overall it has been pretty good. A few minor issues the first year taken care of with a visit to JC and really no problems since then. If you read enough on the forum, you'll see some folks do have significant problems with their units, but most of the problems have to do with the installed equipment and systems.
oldenavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:36 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
1972 21' Globetrotter
SW , Missouri

Get through the first part of the curve and you are golden.

Old 05-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Frederick , Maryland
We bought our AS in 2017, our first camper. We loved the quality overall. We had a glitch or two but nothing big (and at least one was my fault; did not winterize properly!). But living in it is great. We went into another camper a few weeks ago for the first time in a long time and even though it was a name brand, it just looked and felt cheap. I love the solid feel of everything in our camper. Good luck and enjoy!
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote