Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2024, 10:29 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

brick , New Jersey
Making the bunk beds

I find it very difficult to make the beds in the bunk area of my FC 30 bunks. I want the beds to be smooth and no folds and I have a hard time getting them to look nice. Am I being too fussy?

Any suggestions is appreciated.
obxfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 01:18 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Germantown , TN
(We have a 2021 with the smaller top bunk...)

For the top bunk I ordered a set of sheets from Airstream Supply Co so that they were a match for the odd shaped mattress. This saves me from having a lot of excess sheet to tuck in around the mattress. I usually stand on the bottom bunk and just wrestle with the sheets and a blanket. Top bunk really isn't that hard.

On the bottom bunk we are using the stock mattress, an Airstream Supply Co foam mattress topper, and a queen size Beddy. I have never wrestled an unconscious 800lb grizzly bear but I would imagine it is similar to getting this mattress pulled up in the far corners to tuck the Beddy around. Once it is on I just tuck any excess down the left and right side to smooth the top, as the Beddy is slightly bigger than the mattress. At least it is easy to make in the morning since we just zip up the side by the TV.

We have talked about upgrading to a newer 30FB with the larger top bunk as our son only has another year or two of being able to fit on our smaller top bunk, but my main concern is how I would make the bottom bunk with such low head clearance from the larger bed above me. I thought about just taking our Beddy to the dealer and telling them that I am interested in a new one but want to try to make the bed first!
Old 05-20-2024, 02:45 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

brick , New Jersey
Thanks for answering. The beds always look messed up. I want it to look like a show trailer and I can't get it to look good. Oh well.
obxfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote