Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2020, 02:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Ringgold , Georgia
Looks like the 26 footers have been discontinued.

Looking at the 2021 Flying Cloud lineup and I don’t see the 26 queen or twin anymore. We have a 2017 26U queen and love it because of the all in one bathroom. When we started looking at Airstreams the 23 looked like the ideal size for us until we saw a 26U, both with the shower in the bathroom. I’m really disappointed Airstream decided to get rid of it but if we ever decided to buy another one looks like the 30 bunk would be our new choice. I’m curious to see the new colors too. I wonder how this is going to affect the resale value on our 26.
boatdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdreamer View Post
I wonder how this is going to affect the resale value on our 26.
I hope it goes up. I can't be the only one who dislikes dinettes.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:09 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1960 28' Ambassador
Libertyville , Illinois
There are still quite few for sale on RVTRADER for those considering this model. I always really liked the all in bathroom too. Maybe it would have sold better if it were an FB instead of an RB. Or maybe they are looking to add a new floor plan. I saw an interview with Bob Wheeler yesterday were he was discussing the notion of work from anywhere in an Airstream with a separate workspace.
Short563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Girard , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdreamer View Post
Looking at the 2021 Flying Cloud lineup and I don’t see the 26 queen or twin anymore. We have a 2017 26U queen and love it because of the all in one bathroom. When we started looking at Airstreams the 23 looked like the ideal size for us until we saw a 26U, both with the shower in the bathroom. I’m really disappointed Airstream decided to get rid of it but if we ever decided to buy another one looks like the 30 bunk would be our new choice. I’m curious to see the new colors too. I wonder how this is going to affect the resale value on our 26.
Just visited a dealer yesterday and was told that the 26 won’t be coming back for 2021. Likewise they have discontinued the 25RB. The 28 and 30 will be the only remaining rear bedroom models. I was seriously considering the 25 RBT.

Jim
jameskuzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
No more 25 Rear Bed Models?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskuzman View Post
Just visited a dealer yesterday and was told that the 26 won’t be coming back for 2021. Likewise they have discontinued the 25RB. The 28 and 30 will be the only remaining rear bedroom models. I was seriously considering the 25 RBT.

Jim
Wow! We started with a 2017 Int. Serenity 23D. Great trailer but wanted a little more room. Now we have a 2019 FC 25 Rear Bed Twin and LOVE IT! Only other AS we would consider is a FC 30 RBT. No power awnings for us. K.I.S.S.

I can't believe they are not going to make rear bed 25's anymore. Big mistake!

When we go to move up to a 30 I guess we will have to buy used as we want nothing to do with the tankless water heater in 2021 and up models. Again, K.I.S.S. Bad move Airstream.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:17 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas , Texas
Airstream's site shows FC25 FB and RB for 2021. No 26s.
neck101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:49 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Girard , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by neck101 View Post
Airstream's site shows FC25 FB and RB for 2021. No 26s.
It sure does. Wonder if my dealer was misinformed or got some early intel from corporate? The RB floorplan had some nice features, including a bigger bath with a window, the ability to have both a gas oven and a microwave, and typically a lower tongue weight. Guess we’ll have to stay tuned!

The elimination of the 26 surprised me. People who liked them really liked them for the big versatile dinette set up and the all in one bath.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas , Texas
Cancelling the 26 was a surprise. I remember watching Patrick's (Colonial Airstream) video on the 26 where he said the design was the result of customer responses to the company survey....specifically all-in-one bath and larger shower, along with the large u-shaped dinette.

I guess in the end it all came down to poor sales.

I wonder if any recently manufactured 2020 FC26s have the composite floor?
neck101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Girard , Ohio
They sort of borrowed the split dinette table design from the 26 for the 2021 25FB and 27FB Globetrotters:

https://www.airstream.com/blog/whats...avel-trailers/