Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2022, 09:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cleveland , Tennessee
Location of the inverter/power (nerve) center for 2023 FCFB?

Said unit hasn't been manufactured yet, the one I have on order. I hastily purchased the slightly larger size 206Ah batteries (Lifepo4) before realizing they're not going to fit in the battery box. I want to put them inside anyway, under the front queen bed. I also didn't realize I was bitting off more than I could chew, as it seems this isn't a simple install/relocation. How accessible is the power center to work around and hook into? Any experienced insight would be appreciated.
koberudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:39 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2023 27' Flying Cloud
Wapakoneta , Ohio
What length is your Flying Cloud going to be? I just took delivery of a 2023 27' FBQ and the "nerve center" appears to be under the curb side nightstand. There is a small access door from within the outside storage, but otherwise it is pretty inaccessible without removing things.

I too was wanting to get into that nest of wires to add in a smartshunt and after some quick eyeballing it appears to require some thought on getting access. My Caravel that we just traded in had a nice big access door so it was easy to see and work on everything.

I haven't quite figured out how to remove the nightstand to get a good working space, but the weather hasn't been great here so just haven't put a lot of time into it yet.

My guess is you'll have to place those batteries in the outside storage compartment or use up space under the queen bed.

Good luck!
jagpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 11:31 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cleveland , Tennessee
There seems to be enough space available under the queen bed, not within the partitions where the compartments are (ie: plastic bins). There's another partitioned area under there that runs across the bed's width, near the wall (top of the bed), but not the space of the only outside storage compartment.
koberudy is offline   Reply With Quote