Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2021, 07:46 AM   #21
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Another twist in the buying surge is a fair amount of buyer upgrading. Not all buyers are new to RV. An AS salesperson said price and demand is up for pretty much all brands used and new. They are getting buyers who because of the demand (easier sell) and higher sale price are taking advantage of opportunity to make adjustments in what they own.
Hi

I think it's fair to guess that most folks who do a trade in are "moving up" in the market. It will always be an 80/20 sort of thing, nothing like this is true 100% of the time. For most, a brand like Airstream is a move up, even on a used trailer. For the folks that bought a near death used SOB, just about anything would be a move up.

My guess is that the worst of the worst will go back to their 2018 prices first. The rest of the used market may well stay pretty crazy for a while. As long as it does, the new stuff will keep flying off the dealer's lots.

All of this is purely a guess. It's based on what folks are saying they will do and saying they like. The real question is always "how long will they back that up with cash?". ( I'd love to go on a space trip .... hmmm ...$28M ... not so much ... )

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:45 AM   #22

Huntersville , North Carolina
We waited 10 months for our 2021 Basecamp 20X.
Ordered July 2020, arrived at dealer May 2021.
Supply chain issues.
Wattsbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:09 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul631 View Post
Hey all,

New guy here. I recently ordered an AS FC 30 FBB, I should get the delivery mid/late summer 2022! It's a long wait but IMO it will give me time to get ready. I am retiring from the military in July 2022 then selling my house to go on life adventure with my wife and two kids (2 and 5 yo). I will be on this forum for the next year trying to learn as much as I can. Thank you all for the great posts and help.

Pleasure chatting with you all.

V/r

Paul
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, which dealer did you purchase from? I purchased my next AS from the Montreal dealer last Spring and was quoted an 8-month wait time. Over a year seems long but then again, I realize all sorts of components are in short supply across many industries right now.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:55 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Petawawa , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by steilkurve View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Out of curiosity, which dealer did you purchase from? I purchased my next AS from the Montreal dealer last Spring and was quoted an 8-month wait time. Over a year seems long but then again, I realize all sorts of components are in short supply across many industries right now.
Hi,

I ordered my Airstream from the London On dealer, with the accessories ( solar, AGM batt, hitch and awnings) I was saving more than 6K by going with them. When I talked with the Mtl dealer he could not match the price but their timelines were shorter. Mtl Could deliver in May/ June 2022.

V/r

Paul
Paul631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Congrats.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:44 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Hi,

I ordered my Airstream from the London On dealer, with the accessories ( solar, AGM batt, hitch and awnings) I was saving more than 6K by going with them. When I talked with the Mtl dealer he could not match the price but their timelines were shorter. Mtl Could deliver in May/ June 2022.

V/r

Paul
Thanks. Consistent with my experience as far as timelines are concerned. My next AS is coming from the MTL dealer. They were faster by about 3 months. Should get it late Summer.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:00 AM   #27
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arcadia , Oklahoma
Quote:
Thank you.

I've been driving trucks for a long time and I will be towing it with my tundra. Bought the Tundra in 2016 so I am very use to it. Thanks for the tip though.
Its the one that can tow over 10,000 lbs I hope, the Airstream you want is over 8,000lbs loaded, I bring this up because I went through this myself
WHUDS22 is offline   Reply With Quote