Old 05-19-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jax Beach , Florida
Final purchase decisions

My wife and I are about ready to pull the trigger on a FC 28RBQ. It has the darker Truffle interior, and we think we may like the Honey color better. There were none on the lot at the time, and our salesman told us that this interior was cancelled by Airstream, and that it was somewhat a problem for them. He was vague on further details, so the problem could be the way it holds up, the possibility of staining on the lighter color, or just that they didn't sell well.

There are some available in Honey in other areas of the country, so we were wondering in anyone has any additional info on this.

Thanks for your help!

gzvette61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think that your salesman is telling you a story so that you will buy something that he has. He would rather do that than have you buy what you want from someone else.

Trnpk Crsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:05 PM   #3

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Call Airstream and ask.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jax Beach , Florida
We were feeling the same way, especially since he had some honey ones inbound in other floor plans.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
FREDERICK , Maryland
The Wild Honey Ultraleather decor is still listed on the Airstream website - https://www.airstream.com/travel-tra...oorplans/28rb/
So I wonder if the salesperson is indeed trying to sell you something on the lot. Call around to other dealers, or look on their websites to see what is in stock, some dealers even list what trailers are "inbound". When spending that kind of money, get what you want! Unless you can get a better deal on that in stock trailer and live with that color scheme. Shop around. Airstream of Tampa shows 2 in stock - https://airstreamtampa.rvone.com/
Have you physically been in one with the Honey interior?
Good luck
Doc Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
RV salesmen...even Airstream RV salesmen... are NOT trustworthy. Their job (and their paycheck) is dependent on SALES! Theyíll tell you whatever they think it takes to get that sale. Itís YOUR job to confirm everything thatís important to you.
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jax Beach , Florida
Yep, I've come to the conclusion that the salesman was somewhat less than truthful on that point. Makes you wonder what else as well . . . We haven't seen the honey in person. We didn't want the white (I know the mess I can leave behind when I eat) and thought the brown was darker than we preferred. That said, the dark is probably better camouflage for my inevitable messes.

Sufficient discounts for an in-stock unit could sway us, the salesman could have handled it that way and we would have understood. The price we have for the in stock unit is from a well known retailer in New Jersey, and the discount seems pretty good, from what I have read online. We also have a place in Florida, and looked at a 27 FBQ in St. Augustine. Their price on that unit was not competitive. My wife had seen the ones in Tampa, but we weren't going to go down that path without knowing if there were issues with the Honey. We're continuing to work on this, and I'll be contacting Tampa to see what I can do there.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
It may or may not be true that sales people only lie when their mouth is moving, but thatís the way to bet.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:15 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
We have a 28RBQ with the Honey Ultraleather and like it, but we were back and forth between the Honey and Truffle. As I remember, the Truffle had light colored counter and dinette top where the honey has dark for the solid surfaces, so overall, one interior didn't appear darker than the other. Our dealer had both, so we walked back and forth many times. A few light colored throw pillows and the Truffle really pops. Our AS never goes anywhere without our golden retriever. The honey matched his hair color, so that made our decision, but I think both colors look great.
StuartsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 02:23 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The price we have for the in stock unit is from a well known retailer in New Jersey

Oh my! Let's assume that Covid-19 is hurting all dealers. I went to a well regarded GMC dealer last week just for a.part and barely escaped the sales force with my life. Drive thru an RV dealership tomorrow and sales people will throw themselves on the hood of your truck to try to get you out and looking.
Old 05-23-2020, 12:46 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Knoxville , Tennessee
We never considered any other color than truffle, as we also questioned the upkeep on the lighter color. It’s just as nice but would appear harder to keep unmarked.
Gibson3798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:23 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2017 19' International
Tallahassee , Florida
I like that truffle interior.
WhereStream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Cushion color

We have a 2019FC 25 RBT with the lighter Honey colored fabric. We already have 120+ days in the AS and I am happy to report the lighter color is great and cleans very easily.

We were skeptical at first because our 2017 International Serenity 23D had oyster ultraleather and it cleaned so easily. We were afraid that the lighter "Fabric" style of cushion cover would stain and show dirt easily. Not the case. We actually now prefer the "Fabric" style of cover as you do not slide off of it. The Oyster Ultraleather, while very pretty, is slick and not as comfy as the FC interior.

Your choice. Just MHO.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Frederick , Maryland
We have the honey color but my wife covered all the fabric anyway! :-) I like the lighter colored cabinets and the cushions, when I see them briefly, look nice.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 06:34 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Suwanee , Georgia
We've lived with the Honey colored fabric for 2Ĺ years and it's held up just fine. Any stains we've gotten on it have cleaned off without a problem. Still looks nearly new.
TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jax Beach , Florida
Thanks for all the feedback!

We pulled the trigger yesterday on the Flying Cloud 28 RBQ with Honey interior. My wife liked the lighter color. Options included second air, convection MW and the awning kit. I also am having them add the lift kit. Higher won't hurt with my F250 4WD tow vehicle height, and I feel I'll have fewer potential issues with weird dump station/campsite setups. I ran into two situations out west last summer where I needed all the height I had on my Class C, and the FC is lower.

We're thrilled, and are looking forward to our pick-up date.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Picked one!!

Congrats on your soon to be here Airstream. Happy travels!
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 03:06 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraljohn View Post
Congrats on your soon to be here Airstream. Happy travels!

I second that!
TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:05 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
I third that. Good choice. We have same AS with axle lift, same color and options, same TV. Enjoy!
StuartsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:39 AM   #20
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartsDad View Post
We have a 28RBQ with the Honey Ultraleather and like it, but we were back and forth between the Honey and Truffle. As I remember, the Truffle had light colored counter and dinette top where the honey has dark for the solid surfaces, so overall, one interior didn't appear darker than the other. Our dealer had both, so we walked back and forth many times. A few light colored throw pillows and the Truffle really pops. Our AS never goes anywhere without our golden retriever. The honey matched his hair color, so that made our decision, but I think both colors look great.
Great post about dog fur color but does not work for us, nothing matches black and yellow as you can see in my avitar.

Bud
Starting to Look (AGAIN) Number 5 Hopefully
USAF Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote