Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2021, 03:10 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 28' Flying Cloud
Vero Beach , Florida
Dealers inFlorida

Can anyone recommend a dealer in Florida..
I’m in Vero Beach but would travel pretty much anywhere.

Thanks, Bob
Tashtego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:39 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Classic
Lake Worth Beach , Florida
There are three choices. Airstream of Tampa (owned by RV One), Airstream of South Florida, in Fort Myers, and RV One Gainesville, which is in Alachua.

Are you looking to buy, trade, or get service?

I can’t speak to the sales experience at any of them. I’ve read that Airstream of Tampa is now the highest volume dealer, surpassing Colonial. Their service department…has issues…and isn’t as good as it was a couple years back. I went to Airstream of SF for a minor service issue about 5 years ago and had no issues, but it wasn’t a job that they could easily screw up, so that’s not really indicative. I’ve never been to the Alachua dealership for anything.

Jim
2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, Cummins TurboDiesel
AirstreamJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:29 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
RV One in Orlando also sells Airstreams but has very limited stock. The reputation there is a bit shaky. I bought another brand trailer from them and the experience was fine. Never needed any service so I can't speak to the service department. Whenever I see them mentioned here or in other forums I keep hearing "Oh, them. They have problems". But I've never seen much in the way of specifics.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:43 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' International
Ft. Pierce , Florida
We contacted 3 dealers in the Southeast and Colonial when we decided to buy. We went with Patrick at Colonial in NJ. He is knowledgeable and great to do business with. The other dealers were well spoken about in reviews and on this forum, but one thought a great deal of his new and used trailers, the other needed to refresh his knowledge of options, and the third (local) didn’t return my call. We did try to get service at the orlando dealership, basically replace a bolt from the tank cover. 3 weeks for an appointment. We go to the factory for work if we need it.
FLCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCoast View Post
We contacted 3 dealers in the Southeast and Colonial when we decided to buy. We went with Patrick at Colonial in NJ. He is knowledgeable and great to do business with. The other dealers were well spoken about in reviews and on this forum, but one thought a great deal of his new and used trailers, the other needed to refresh his knowledge of options, and the third (local) didn’t return my call. We did try to get service at the orlando dealership, basically replace a bolt from the tank cover. 3 weeks for an appointment. We go to the factory for work if we need it.
Only 3 weeks for an appointment? That's pretty awesome these days for anywhere. Whether or not they can do the work is another issue.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 05:02 AM   #6

Muldoon , Arkansas
Dealers inFlorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashtego View Post
Can anyone recommend a dealer in Florida..

I’m in Vero Beach but would travel pretty much anywhere.

Thanks, Bob

We purchased with Tampa; Beth was our salesperson. Good experience. Ordered our 27 FBQ with hatch in April and picking up soon. We live in Tx.
Traelh01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 07:32 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
If your willing to travel consider Out of Doors Mart in Colfax (really Greensboro) N. Carolina. We purchased first AS at Colonial in 2017. All OK on that deal. Then we purchased at ODM in 2019. Super easy to deal with. Got a fantastic deal (those are long gone). They have been responsive to follow up calls and did a small warranty repair for us. We live 3 hours away so no problem if we need major service. They have been around a long, long time. There sign out in front of there business has to be from the early 1960's. I took a picture.

Good luck with finding the right dealer/deal for you and safe travels.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:00 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I live in Tampa but bought from North Trail in Ft. Meyers.
The Tampa dealer was way too high pressure. I was getting calls in the evening. "Can we do this deal?"
North Trail was the opposite. Not low pressure, no pressure.
"Sure; the Airstreams are over there, I'll check in with you later, bye."
I actually liked my salesman, and his boss, Mike.
The deal was straightforward except for the hitch which I brought.
We finally compromised on paying 1 hr. labor for their hitch guy to install and adjust it. I thought that was fair.
The big snag was Hurricane Irma which went right over them while my trailer sat. (They moved all the Airstreams into their new maintenance facility which is huge.)

To be honest, if you like the closest dealer that's a plus. Driving three hours for minor warranty work is a pain. My LED strip under the awning didn't work. So it required two trips to resolve. I've never used it yet.
Mine has been amazingly trouble free, and I attribute part of that to be because it sat on their lot, not an order. I could look at any possible leaks, how the doors all fit, how everything mates up.

Note: I was willing to try any dealer in a four state radius. I wanted a 26U with 50 amp service, awning package but no other frills. That was a rare bird, except for the one I bought from N. Trail.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 11:12 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
We had a good purchase experience with Einida at Tampa RV1.
Service at any dealer is iffy - extremely long waits and some people report poor quality work. Our best experience was with Indian River RV in Sebastian. Airstream JC preapproved some warranty work there.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote