Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2021, 06:50 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Madeira , OH
Convert FC 25 FB seating to Globetrotter?

We haven't bought any trailer yet and currently really like the look of Airstream's 25 FBT. We think we'd prefer the FC vs. Globetrotter for price, but also we really don't want power jacks or power awning (we're in the camp of less automation means less can go wrong). Only issue is we prefer the wraparound seating in the Globetrotter vs. the 2 sides in the FC. I've been trying to search though the forums for any info but maybe using the wrong search terms.

Can you make the FC seating the same as the Globetrotter by simply swapping the seat cushions? Has anyone done this and if so, are you willing to share the price tag and where you found the cushions?

Thanks
Bier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
Ultimate Airstreams, west coast, has a Grand Lounge remodel for about $15k. People I have talked with love it, but since I live in NC, it is not a reality. They will even transport for you, but the cost for that from NC is about the same as the remodel cost.
Larry
lsbrodsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Madeira , OH
Yikes, that's a lot more than I thought it would cost and a lot more work. Does that mean the FC doesn't have the right drawers underneath to support simply swapping cushions? You really need to get the whole seating area modified? Guess I'll just go with the Globetrotter if that's the case.
Old 02-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #4

Ada , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bier View Post
We haven't bought any trailer yet and currently really like the look of Airstream's 25 FBT. We think we'd prefer the FC vs. Globetrotter for price, but also we really don't want power jacks or power awning (we're in the camp of less automation means less can go wrong). Only issue is we prefer the wraparound seating in the Globetrotter vs. the 2 sides in the FC. I've been trying to search though the forums for any info but maybe using the wrong search terms.

Can you make the FC seating the same as the Globetrotter by simply swapping the seat cushions? Has anyone done this and if so, are you willing to share the price tag and where you found the cushions?

Thanks

You can actually use the vertical cushions from the “couch” section and place them against the back/end of the trailer. It works great and actually moves the back of your head away from the window screen. With the Globetrotter, your back and head are too close to the screen. Also, you have a bit more couch length in the FC and don’t have to store the bed cushions. Finally you save about 15K! If you want to see a picture of how we arranged the cushions, text me at 616-540-5764.
Shawks50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:41 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Vashon , Washington
I have a 25' FC FBT. Not sure what you are asking though, as I don't see that the Globetrotter 25' has u-shaped seating in the dinette. Its the same configuration as the FC. You can, of course, lower the table to a lounge seating arrangement but you don't have a table at that point. We opted to get the Grand Lounge modification done and have been more than happy with the seating and different configurations we can use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BF147F01-61E6-47DC-9BEA-E7600A921872.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	389493  
dprvashon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:30 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Madeira , OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprvashon View Post
I have a 25' FC FBT. Not sure what you are asking though, as I don't see that the Globetrotter 25' has u-shaped seating in the dinette. Its the same configuration as the FC. ...
On the Globetrotter 25 it has curved seat backs in the corner, plus seat backs and seat cushions that make it u-shaped according to the images on their site here
Old 04-05-2021, 05:28 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Eagle River , Alaska
This page from Airstream shows the new U-Dinette in the globetrotter. The modifications are two posts for the table, a split table top (one for each post, and modified dinette drawers to allow them to pull out and become the seating area for the U.

I looked into this modification for my international with the hatch (FC also has the hatch option). In the end, we decided against it, but I am still open to getting split table tops.

https://www.airstream.com/blog/whats...avel-trailers/
WBCCI #02348 / AIR #163014
GMT-9
Shattered is offline   Reply With Quote