Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2021, 07:12 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJon View Post
You may also want to consider https://beddys.com/. They're an all in one solution which I have found to be very comfortable and solves the problem of making the bed. I learned about them from a couple of RV YouTube channels.
I just saw this product on a Shark Tank rerun last night. This does seem like a cheaper solution. How did you determine size to order custom? Is it as simple as measuring the mattress circumference or did you take off a few inches to ensure a snug fit?
Old 05-18-2021, 07:15 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
PS -- By the way . . . AB Lifestyles has the "size/shape thing" totally covered for all Airstreams . . . specify your year, model, and floor plan, and that's it.

No analysis paralysis required.

KISS
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:23 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Omaha , Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnia View Post
I apologize for being a complete noob. We have a lovely 2019 30-foot Airstream. There is a Queen (?) bed in the back, and then the front parts fold out to accommodate a couple more sleepers. We have owned our beautiful trailer for nearly a year now, but have not been able to get it properly titled and licensed because of COVID. Now it seems that we can. My very elderly father is in a bad way. We have to get from Virginia down to Texas ...now. Could anyone please, please just tell me what to do for mattress pads and sheets for the sleeping areas? I am sorry to sound like an idiot. I just do not understand what to purchase. We need to have people sleep both in the back and the front of the trailer, and I would think that a mattress pad and sheets would be in order, but I am completely bewildered. Add to this the stress of an urgent family situation and I feel a bit at wits’ end. Our governor has decided that we can now go to the Department of Motor Vehicles a little more easily, thank goodness ...so we will be there tomorrow ... any advice from anybody would be appreciated. We’ll take sleeping bags if we have to, but I would still be grateful to know what to do to make the beds properly. Thanks in advance.
I’m so sorry about your dad. Focusing on something like this when a loved one is gravely ill is hard.

Based on my earlier research from previous posts, it sounds like yes to a specialty mattress pad and sheets on the Queen, for sure from https://www.ablifestyles.net/airstream-essentials . Here is their customer service info: Contact us now at 1-800-825-4533 or email us at customersupport@ablifestyles.net. They need 3-5 days to make the sheets to order, then ship, so if you have to leave ASAP you may not be able to order from a them in time. For now, you could make the Queen with whatever you currently have for a Queen, knowing it won’t be a perfect fit, and take sleeping bags for the foldout beds, then deal with properly fitted mattress pad and sheets after your trip?

Again, you have my condolences. This is such a difficult time. Safe travels.

M
Old 05-19-2021, 09:19 AM   #44
1 Rivet Member

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Amissville , Virginia
Thanks very sincerely to each of you who replied. Thanks for the kind words also—they really help. The doctors worked their magic and the immediate crisis is past, so the current thinking is to wait a month or a little more to let my father regain some strength and then travel. Fortunately that leaves time to order sheets and hopefully even have a shakedown cruise. �� I really appreciate the tips, also the references to other threads. Today I will try to get on the Internet and order linens.
Old 05-19-2021, 10:49 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
We have the Airstream store twin bed 600 thread cotton sheets for our 2014 31' Classic and they fit perfectly on our custom 8" Rocky Mountain mattresses. We left the stock mattresses on the assembly line.

We also had the same 600 thread sheets on the "queen" bed of our 2013 25FB with a 8" Rocky Mountain mattress.

The advantage is almost immediate availability and several colors to choose from.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 12:14 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air0801 View Post
I just saw this product on a Shark Tank rerun last night. This does seem like a cheaper solution. How did you determine size to order custom? Is it as simple as measuring the mattress circumference or did you take off a few inches to ensure a snug fit?
Beddys only comes in standard twin, queen, and king sizes.
The good news is there's enough elastic on the bottom to stay put. I plan to add those elastic suspender thingies to keep it snug on the sides. (I guess I roll over about a hundred times a night and so it shifts sideways)
You end up with 5" of extra foot room, but I decided I liked that since I'm tall enough to have my feet off the bottom.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:10 PM   #47

2017 16' Sport
Coeur d'Alene , Idaho
Tired of a messy looking bed - my bed "topper" solution :)

To disguise an always messy looking bed in our Bambi 16' Sport - I bought a "picnic" blanket (one that folds into a tote with zipper closure) & slightly modified the shape to fit the bed shape/space. Easy project!

Picnic blankets are basically the right size, offer attractive patterns (I used a Pendleton from Costco at a great price), & are durable (yet nice fabric) with enough "structure" provided by the quilted polyester fabric - it can essentially hide the unruly bedding underneath.

I left the zipper in place (since it's a "picnic blanket" & it didn't bother us).
I then cut 2 rectangles from the "face-on" side, allowing it to lay flat on the bed with no tucking in needed. It has a little overhang in the front only (at the doorway) where you see it, acting like a bedspread. I only had to sew on seam binding to finish off the cut edges (I used the blanket binding/fabric from what I cut off).
We're very pleased with the results. Project cost under $30. Pics attached -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Topper - view of the bed.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	418161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front - with cutouts.jpg
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	418162  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Topper - cutout view 1.jpg
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	418163   Click image for larger version

Name:	Topper - cutout view 2.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	418164  

jaf1062017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:30 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , New York
That’s really great, I am going to be doing your project, I have the same model Sport. Very creative. Thanks
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #49

2017 16' Sport
Coeur d'Alene , Idaho
Awesome! Please share & let me know how it turns out!
jaf1062017 is offline   Reply With Quote