Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Flying Cloud > 2016 - Current Flying Cloud
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
I don't have any plans right now to convert to LiIon batteries, but do like the idea of having extra counter space since 2021 doesn't have a popup counter like older trailers. We opted for the combo convection/microwave under the cooktop. We don't have a particular need for the slideout trundle bed, so will be looking at that when we do take possession in May :fingers crossed:
Rknobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:59 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rknobbe View Post
I don't have any plans right now to convert to LiIon batteries, but do like the idea of having extra counter space since 2021 doesn't have a popup counter like older trailers. We opted for the combo convection/microwave under the cooktop. We don't have a particular need for the slideout trundle bed, so will be looking at that when we do take possession in May :fingers crossed:
Sounds like you don’t need the counter for the microwave. Ultimate Airstream puts all kinds of things there, like a stack of drawers, dishwasher (!), etc. Ideas at https://ultimateairstream.com/projects/
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:02 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2021 23' Flying Cloud
Chapin , South Carolina
February order and May delivery is excellent. We ordered a 2021 in November and got a June delivery date.
John Birk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:05 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Another video

My wife found a really good new-owners orientation video for a 25FBQ, thought I would share for other potential owners. This one has the rear hatch, so some of the features are a little different (like the dining table)

Old 02-27-2021, 08:07 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
@John Burk - yeah, the dealer said there was another family who had to back out of a previous order for medical reasons so we got the benefit of their delivery date.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:44 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
overhead cabinets in the bedroom

Today's question for 2021 25FBT owners - We saw one video that showed 3 overhead cabinets in the bedroom: one across the front wall of the bedroom, and one each over the twin beds. Is this the standard configuration? Asked at airstream.com and have not gotten a response.
Old 02-27-2021, 09:36 PM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Brentwood , Tennessee
Quote:
Today's question for 2021 25FBT owners - We saw one video that showed 3 overhead cabinets in the bedroom: one across the front wall of the bedroom, and one each over the twin beds. Is this the standard configuration? Asked at airstream.com and have not gotten a response.

Not the standard - ours came off the line with overheads across the front wall and street side. The curbside has a slim upright cabinet.
mikieatotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 10:46 PM   #28
Furthur

2021 25' Flying Cloud
2015 22' FB Sport
Golden , Colorado
"Not the standard - ours came off the line with overheads across the front wall and street side. The curbside has a slim upright cabinet."

I wonder if you have the Queen version. My 2021 FC 25 FB Twin has the three overhead cabinets as described in the prior post, and that is what i have seen on others.
WP53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:00 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieatotn View Post
Not the standard - ours came off the line with overheads across the front wall and street side. The curbside has a slim upright cabinet.
This is how our 2016 model is setup. One cabinet over the head of each twin bed at the front, one less deep one over the street side twin, and a slim upright cabinet at the foot of the curbside twin.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Quote:

Thanks for the replies! My wife tells me I misrepresented what we saw in the videos, and that the street-side overhead the the curb-side vertical cabinet are what she was hoping for. Either way we are happy there is overhead storage at least on the street side.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:39 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Rome , Georgia
Thanks for posting the video of the 25 FBQ. That guy does a great job with his videos. Learned a couple things from him and now I know about the bathroom key.
mediaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:39 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
2021 fc fbt

Quote:
Just put a deposit down on a 2021 Flying Cloud Front Bed Twin this weekend, and looking to learn as much from you all before we pick it up in May. This will be our second Airstream, traded in our 2019 Nest 16U as part of the transaction. Really looking forward to the significant upgrade in space. We've found a lot of really good videos on YouTube on Flying Clouds in general, but only a few on this particular configuration.

I'll share some of the links we've found here, and look forward to hearing from other 25FBT owners' insights and experiences as well.

First question for you all for starters: Are there any full-width storage compartments under the trailer? We've got some rugs and chairs we had previously been lugging in a Thule cargo box on top of our TV, and am wondering if I can keep those larger items permanently in the trailer.
We happened to purchase a 2021 25' FC FBT last fall before they disappeared. The only "almost" full width storage compartment we have is in the front, behind the propane tanks. It's not really full width because that is where the shell is curved and that curve takes away a little of the storage.
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:48 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
Storage

Quote:
I don't think that is standard. We have one that goes from side-to-side across the head of both beds. One that runs parallel, in the overhead above the TV, with the port bed, and one that runs perpendicular to the starboard bed (attached to the bulkhead of the head).There is also storage under each bed. It works well for us.
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:00 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2018 25' International
Chino Hills , California
We also made the decision after having our 2016 22 Bambi sport for about 13 months that it made sense after talking with other Airstream owners. The twin set up works well and gives a lot more Real estate . I am an early riser. And now my husband can sleep in a bit. Lots of exterior storage also. Also our two four-legged furry babies love it. We purchased the 2018 25 FBT International serenity. We just love it. Congratulations on your 2021 25-flying cloud FBT. I love changing the comforters depending on the season light in the spring and summer months. And Pendleton in the cooler months. I also think making the beds is much easier to make than queen. See you down the road neighbor. Safe travels.
Luke Grisott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:49 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Classic
Cassopolis , Michigan
FB External Storage Compartment and Other Hints

A few lessons learned in 3 Airstreams:

You asked about the full width storage compartment. Better check your specs or call your dealer. Our 27FBT has a full width storage compartment that’s basically useless for larger items since its door is a short distance behind the gas bottles. Ours can fit rolled up rugs, but the only lawn chairs that can go in there are the ones that fold up like an umbrella about 6-8 inches diameter. The twin layout gives you two great side compartments under the bunks, but they are too short for chairs and stuff.

Pack a basic tool set before you take it out the first time. Screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters, a ruler, a volt meter if you know how to use one, tape, and other stuff you would use to fix around the house. Trailer things, even on an Airstream, get loose, fall off, and need repairs. Ours is in a top loading tool bag stored in the passenger side side compartment, and it gets used EVERY SINGLE trip, without exception.

If you have a power awning, be sure you get the phone number of the manufacturer before you leave on your first trip.

A half ton truck or SUV will handle it.

Doors open and dishes can get broken in the kitchen of a FB model, since that end rides roughest.

Enjoy!
biyak269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCMRET View Post
I don't think that is standard. We have one that goes from side-to-side across the head of both beds. One that runs parallel, in the overhead above the TV, with the port bed, and one that runs perpendicular to the starboard bed (attached to the bulkhead of the head).There is also storage under each bed. It works well for us.

I ultimately got a response from Bruce Watkins at Airstream confirming that arrangement. Attached is the schematic he sent to me, which I assume is OK to share.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 116292.dwg.pdf (575.0 KB, 80 views)
Old 03-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Grisott View Post
We also made the decision after having our 2016 22 Bambi sport for about 13 months that it made sense after talking with other Airstream owners. The twin set up works well and gives a lot more Real estate . I am an early riser. And now my husband can sleep in a bit. Lots of exterior storage also. Also our two four-legged furry babies love it. We purchased the 2018 25 FBT International serenity. We just love it. Congratulations on your 2021 25-flying cloud FBT. I love changing the comforters depending on the season light in the spring and summer months. And Pendleton in the cooler months. I also think making the beds is much easier to make than queen. See you down the road neighbor. Safe travels.

My wife has her eye on those Pendleton comforters as well. Maybe an Xmas gift idea
Old 03-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2019 27' Flying Cloud
Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Another question I have is regarding the standard Rear-Monitoring camera. Have folks had successes in mounting the monitor in a creative way inside your tow vehicles? I'll be towing with a 2021 Tundra
The rear view camera monitor has a suction cup that goes onto the window. Very straightforward.

We have a 2014 Tundra and also use an Equalizer hitch.

We have had a 25 RB and now have a 27 FB and like the setup very much.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:54 AM   #39
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
I ultimately got a response from Bruce Watkins at Airstream confirming that arrangement. Attached is the schematic he sent to me, which I assume is OK to share.
We have a Globetrotter. It does not have that one cabinet over the street side twin. I’m sure we would have found something to store up there. I do try to keep heavier items down low.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:00 AM   #40

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
We have a Globetrotter. It does not have that one cabinet over the street side twin. I’m sure we would have found something to store up there. I do try to keep heavier items down low.
We have a 2015 Flying Cloud 25FBT. It has the long cabinet over the street side bed. We use this cabinet to store our home office and shipping supplies. We'd be lost without it. I don't understand why the higher trim level Globetrotter does not include this cabinet.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote