Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2021, 10:02 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
2022 Walkaround Video

I'd love to see a decent video of a walkaround and through of a 2022 FC 25RBT if someone wouldn't mind sharing a link?

Airstream of DFW produce the best videos that we've seen. While they have one of a GT 23FBT, we would like to see one of the other trailer we're considering, the FC 25RBT.

Thanks!
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:27 AM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattedfred View Post
I'd love to see a decent video of a walkaround and through of a 2022 FC 25RBT if someone wouldn't mind sharing a link?

Airstream of DFW produce the best videos that we've seen. While they have one of a GT 23FBT, we would like to see one of the other trailer we're considering, the FC 25RBT.

Thanks!
Google.

"airstream dfw walkaround and through of a 2022 FC 25RBT video"

first link that comes up:

close enough?
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:30 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
I know. And, no. But, thank you for taking the time.
Old 12-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' International
Lakewood , Washington
The RBT versions seem to be scarce. I finally saw the actual configuration after 5 months, once our 28RBT arrived for delivery. The issue for us was the actual look of the galley and the type of dinette bench at the door. Everything else was similar for the FBT's material wise. The dinette seat at the door has an open area under the bench, convenient for the dog dish and shoes. The sink layout is a straight counter instead of the FBT door entrance type and the trash location is tight for a trash container. The twins have the two outside small storage compartments and the larger compartment on the rear. The other difference for 25 and 28 is the center closet size. Not as good as a video walkthrough, but something to think about when looking.
Doc Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:00 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Thanks Doc. That helps a bit. I'm just not familiar with the 28' AS.

We still keep flipping back and forth between a 23' and a 25' twin so we'd just like to watch that Airstream of DFW GT 23FBT video followed immediately by a 25RBT video, for the best comparison besides seeing them in person.

I wonder why the RBT doesn't seem to be as popular when it has a larger bathroom, more usable end exterior compartment and lighter hitch weight?
Old 12-01-2021, 11:02 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
We have a 2019 FC 25 RBT and I can tell you that we love it. There have been some changes to the 2021/2022 models but it is mostly the same. The floor plan is the best IMHO.

The newer ones have the Tankless Water Heater which we do not care for. However, they do have the newer floor material that will not rot if it gets wet. We like the round sink but the square one would be OK also. We like the older curved cabinet doors vs the newer flat doors. The color scheme is nice in the newer ones. We like the "Accordion Door" room dividers better than the curtains in the newer model. The FC comes with a manual awning and I would stick with that. Power awnings seem to be a bit unreliable at times.

Hope you get the AS that you want and that it is a good one. So far, our FC has been mostly flawless. Your experience may be different.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
We still keep flipping back and forth between a 23' and a 25' twin
We did this too. I thought we wanted the 23, but didn't much care for the comfort of the dinette or the size of the tanks. Then my wife found Patrick Botticelli's video of a 25RBT. That was it. We have a 2019 and my only complaint is the fridge fan noise, which is not a factor on the new ones.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPAS View Post
We did this too. I thought we wanted the 23, but didn't much care for the comfort of the dinette or the size of the tanks. Then my wife found Patrick Botticelli's video of a 25RBT. That was it. We have a 2019 and my only complaint is the fridge fan noise, which is not a factor on the new ones.
Would you mind helping me find a link to his 25RBT video? I guess it wouldn't matter if it was a 2019 instead of a 2022.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Northern , Ontario
Here is the link to a 25RBT: https://youtu.be/qQfOOhVd1fM
Aluminium Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 05:13 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Golden , Colorado
I have a 2022 FC 25 RBT coming next month.

This is the only video I could find:

2022 AIRSTREAM FLY CLD 25RBT Las Vegas, Henderson, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Reno, NV AV22026

Old 12-02-2021, 05:14 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Would you mind helping me find a link to his 25RBT video? I guess it wouldn't matter if it was a 2019 instead of a 2022.
I think this was a 2017.

DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:40 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Vashon Island , Washington
Quote:
Thanks Doc. That helps a bit. I'm just not familiar with the 28' AS.

We still keep flipping back and forth between a 23' and a 25' twin so we'd just like to watch that Airstream of DFW GT 23FBT video followed immediately by a 25RBT video, for the best comparison besides seeing them in person.

I wonder why the RBT doesn't seem to be as popular when it has a larger bathroom, more usable end exterior compartment and lighter hitch weight?

I wish AS sold a 23 Flying cloud twin model instead of making us leap to the Globetrotter.

Have you considered a FC 25 FBT?

I'll chime in on my subjective view for what the perk of a 25 RBT configuration was for me, and why I went with a FBT.

The RBT had room for a microwave above the fridge, unlike the FBT layout where the fridge sits above the wheel well. So, on the RBT you could have the propane stove and a microwave. However, the new models come with a taller ac/dc only fridge which doesn't leave room for a microwave above the fridge on the RBT anymore, so no more advantage there.

The larger bathroom in the RBT takes seating space away from the lounge area and has one less window there than the FBT. My family needs the sleeping space in the longer lounge that the FBT layout has, plus it feels more open with the additional window. The RBT also has a window in the bathroom that I don't want. The FBT smaller bathroom lacks that window which would be my preference (too bashful, so the blind would be pulled all the time anyway).

Airstream says the 25RBT hitch weight is 850lbs while the FBT is 875. They're both probably over 1000lbs.. it's splitting hairs in my case because I'm not hurting for payload with my truck. With my old half ton truck an extra 25 lbs would have been more of a big deal though.

I see what you mean with the easier access to the exterior storage on the RBT, as the propane cover makes the front compartment on the FBT a little tricky to get to some times.

Lastly, if for any reason the door comes unlatched while pulling a FBT the door won't fly open like a suicide door and allow the contents of the trailer to get sucked out like an airliner with a hole in it, unlike the RBT. That might be a little dramatic, but because of the hinge placement on the RBT model, many airstreamers have developed various "door wedge" solutions to prevent this calamity from happening.
AlIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:52 AM   #13
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
You folks are the best! Not sure why I had so much trouble finding any of these videos. LOL
Thank you!

All this time I thought the 25RBT had 3 exterior storage compartments, but after watching these videos I see it actually has 4!!! This makes it even better for us than the 25FBT.

Speaking of the 25FBT, we don't need the extra lounge space because it's just the two of us. No pets or kids. Plus, we rarely entertain in our trailer. I see the point about the windows but we're still prioritizing the extra and more functional exterior storage space and larger bathroom with more storage.

I too wish AS made a FC 23RBT. I don't think we'd be flip flopping between the 23 and 25 if they did. Having to pay more for a GT 23FBT than a FC 25RBT seems counterintuitive, but having a TT that's 2' shorter and 4" narrower has it's perks. Also, we do prefer the interior finish of the GT. The 25' AS's seem like a more suitable retirement trailer for us. Again, it's that darn price difference that has us flip flopping.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:51 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
As noted in other post the bathroom is larger in the RBT. Huge difference. First mod I made was to flip the bathroom door over to open to the rear of the trailer. Took maybe 30 minutes to do this. I mentioned this mod to the rep at the Tampa RV show 2 years ago and demonstrated how much more sense it made to open to the rear. He was wide eyed and said that makes perfect sense. There still building them with the bathroom door opening toward the front (Living area). Who wants to look into the bathroom from the dinette? Much easier to open the door from the bedroom area when doing the middle of the night bathroom run. Listen up, Airstream.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:53 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Quote:
You folks are the best! Not sure why I had so much trouble finding any of these videos. LOL
Thank you!

All this time I thought the 25RBT had 3 exterior storage compartments, but after watching these videos I see it actually has 4!!! This makes it even better for us than the 25FBT.

Speaking of the 25FBT, we don't need the extra lounge space because it's just the two of us. No pets or kids. Plus, we rarely entertain in our trailer. I see the point about the windows but we're still prioritizing the extra and more functional exterior storage space and larger bathroom with more storage.

I too wish AS made a FC 23RBT. I don't think we'd be flip flopping between the 23 and 25 if they did. Having to pay more for a GT 23FBT than a FC 25RBT seems counterintuitive, but having a TT that's 2' shorter and 4" narrower has it's perks. Also, we do prefer the interior finish of the GT. The 25' AS's seem like a more suitable retirement trailer for us. Again, it's that darn price difference that has us flip flopping.
We started out with a 2017 International 23D. Went to the 2019 FC 25 RBT after 2 years. Pay up and get the 25 from the git go. You will be glad you did.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:51 AM   #16
Freedom

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , TX
Let me give you something else to think about based on my own personal experience.

I currently own a 2020 25 footer with queen bed. After spending 2 years in it we've decided we will be much more comfortable in the 30 Foot Classic Twin.

I had an very experienced Airstream owner who has owned several over the years tell me to buy the 30 Foot Classic because that is where I would end up anyway. I told him nah - we will be just fine in the 25 footer and I was so confident in my decision. I could afford to go with the 30 foot classic too, but I ended up paying more in the end. This is the point of my post. I would go this route if you can afford it. However, if you can't afford it then you can disregard the rest of this post. If interested I will explain my reasons now.

Being able to sit comfortable on a couch instead of on the dinette seats will make all the difference in the world for us on those rainy days. Otherwise, we are always outside. We discovered this while on our little over 2 month road trip this past August through October. We had several multiple days of rain where we couldn't go outside and sit. At that point my wife and I lost out love for the 25 foot layout. I looked at her and said "Are you thinking what I am thinking?" LOL

We grew to not like the queen bed too. However, you won't experience this as you are already going the twin route. Great choice!

We understand how we camp. I have yet to get a reservation in a national park. That is one of the reasons I bought the 25 footer. I knew it was the largest size that would fit in those 2 spots that it are big enough to fit in the Parks (although I saw a video on YouTube where a 5th wheeler got into Yellowstone). However, these sites have never been available for us over the past 2 years. I have pretty much given up on staying in a reserved site at this point. When checking these sites there are days available they just were never when we were passing through. I guess if we wanted to stay for 2 days they were available then we could have booked them, but it just never worked out that way for us. We have decided to change our approach to staying outside the park and simply driving into them now, so this removes the requirement for a 25 footer or less.

The 30 footer can boondock as well as the 25 footer can. It has 16 inch tires vs 15's and I plan on having the lift kit installed on it once it arrives from the factory. I was planning on installing the lift kit on my 25 footer soon. I would encourage you to install it on whatever you go with. If you travel across this county you will end up in a gas station because it is the only option and you will drag the rear-end when driving out of the station. It is crazy how deep the dips are coming out of some of the gas stations around the country.

I know some have gone from the 30 and 33 footers to the 25 footers and they are happy too. Again, I am just relaying our experience after using our 25 footer since March of 2020. Trying to give you as much user information possible before you make your purchase. Hopefully, you will find it helpful in your purchasing journey.
WBCCI: 26506
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Frederick , Maryland
We have a 27 FBT and will likely move up to the 30 classic when we retire (five years or so) for the same reasons. That couch/chairs and open space would work so much better than the dinette for hanging out indoors.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #18

Currently Looking...
Laporte , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012FB View Post
I have a 2022 FC 25 RBT coming next month.

This is the only video I could find:

2022 AIRSTREAM FLY CLD 25RBT Las Vegas, Henderson, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Reno, NV AV22026

Thank you for the video of the 2022 FC 25RBT. I have to say that I noticed that the microwave is not shown in this model year which is a bummer and one of the reasons we are strongly considering the rear bed model over the front bed. In previous model years the RB came with a gas stove AND a microwave; the FB only came with the gas stove.
Dibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:37 AM   #19
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibbs View Post
Thank you for the video of the 2022 FC 25RBT. I have to say that I noticed that the microwave is not shown in this model year which is a bummer and one of the reasons we are strongly considering the rear bed model over the front bed. In previous model years the RB came with a gas stove AND a microwave; the FB only came with the gas stove.
Some background, it's my understanding that the new 12V compressor fridge is too large to accommodate the microwave oven above it anymore. So, you can either keep the propane oven and do without a microwave or select the option of a convection microwave that will replace the propane oven.
Old 12-05-2021, 05:41 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
What's odd to me is the 2022 brochure still shows the microwave in the fc 25rb... mistake maybe?
bobzdar is offline   Reply With Quote