RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-14-2020, 11:11 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Santa Cruz , California
2021 FC 23’FB — no clear answer!

I just put a ordered a 2021 FC 23FB and we upgraded the microwave to a convection oven microwave combination.

What we thought this would mean is the following:

1) Standard oven under stove top
2)Upgraded microwave / convection oven combination above the Fridge (normal place where the microwave would have gone)

However, I hear that this may not be what we get. I hear the convection / microwave will replace the oven and where the microwave would have gone (above fridge) is now a cabinet?

However I saw a post for someone who has a 2020 FC 23FB sad theirs has the oven below the stove and the microwave/convection combination above the fridge like we want.

Does any one know which is right? Also if anyone has the ability to show photos would be great!

So frustrated that my dealers may not be right and we might be misinformed.
Imdakine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:59 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Cleveland , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdakine1 View Post
I just put a ordered a 2021 FC 23FB and we upgraded the microwave to a convection oven microwave combination.

What we thought this would mean is the following:

1) Standard oven under stove top
2)Upgraded microwave / convection oven combination above the Fridge (normal place where the microwave would have gone)

However, I hear that this may not be what we get. I hear the convection / microwave will replace the oven and where the microwave would have gone (above fridge) is now a cabinet?

However I saw a post for someone who has a 2020 FC 23FB sad theirs has the oven below the stove and the microwave/convection combination above the fridge like we want.

Does any one know which is right? Also if anyone has the ability to show photos would be great!

So frustrated that my dealers may not be right and we might be misinformed.
In the 2021 FC you get a microwave, oven and stove. When you upgrade to the convection microwave the stove and oven are not changed. Only the model of the microwave over the fridge changes.
matthewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2020 23' International
Evergreen , Colorado
Mine is a 2020, but we have the gas oven in addition to the microwave. I'm very pleased have the oven, and I'm guessing you will be also. We frequently camp without any electrical hookups, and so we find the gas oven to be a great feature. I think we have used the microwave oven one time.

2020 International Serenity 23 FB "Sparkle Plenty"
2018 GMC Denali 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Dennis C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:21 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
I think we have used the microwave oven one time.
In both our Airstreams (23, and now 27) we have had both microwave and stove and like you rarely used the microwave, but use the stove a ton.
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
You may not know what you are going to receive, until you step inside and see what is actually there . . . . . . yes . . . things are that uncertain in the realm of AS order/production fulfillment . . . IMO.