Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-05-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
 
Ch47d1sg's Avatar
 
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Trophy Club , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 40
2019 FC30RBT what should I have received with it

Need help from the Forum, recently purchased our AS and slowly finding out many things we did not receive in the purchase. For example just learned of the Zip Dee accy, kit with the manual hex key for emergency operation.

What else should I have received?

Many thanks in advanced

Top
__________________
Top
2019 Flying Cloud 30 RBT Flying Warrior
2016 Silverado Z71 Heavy Half, 6.2l max tow package and Hensley Arrow hitch
“Tomorrow is not promised”
Ch47d1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
 
Ch47d1sg's Avatar
 
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Trophy Club , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 40
Anyone?
__________________
Top
2019 Flying Cloud 30 RBT Flying Warrior
2016 Silverado Z71 Heavy Half, 6.2l max tow package and Hensley Arrow hitch
“Tomorrow is not promised”
Ch47d1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 08:09 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

 
2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 133
Welcome to the forum.

ZipDee emergency kit probably got lost somewhere. I bought a replacement from ZipDee. It is a bit pricey but you’re already in pretty deep money-wise. ZipDee seems to be a bit amateurish. Parts of the web site have been under construction for quite a while. And the entire site should be updated. Many of the videos look as though they were copied from BetaMax to VCR to DVD to something streamable. There seems to be a range of opinions regarding the Relax awning. I bought a new rear head for my awning but will have to do some fancy engineering to replace it because the winding tool can’t catch the threads.

My new-to-me 2017 International was missing the monitor for the camera. However, the existing Voyager camera is outdated so I’m in conversations with Haloview for brackets that don’t require holes to be drilled.

You should have a number of manuals. One for the trailer and one for each system (fridge, cooking appliances, HVAC). Mine were in a nice binder. Based on the trail of titles, I believe that my trailer had been repossessed then bought by a dealer before I got it. Stuff gets lost in those transactions.

Airstreams apparently don’t come with a jack to change the tire. Use the scissor jack from your tow vehicle. Some folks carry a compact floor jack...which sounds interesting to me. I like my 3-ton floor jack a lot but it is too heavy to carry in the truck (one must be mindful of weight). Some folks use a ramp for changing tires of dual axle trailers. I have a ramp that I’ll carry until I get tired of them taking up storage space. A breaker bar is handy, too.

You should have a crank for the stabilizers but the drill+socket is better. And a key that unlocks the lavatory door from the outside.

Lots of stuff to carry with you if you want. For me, it’s about having gear on hand for emergencies and making things easier: electric drill (mine is angled) for the stabilizers and (emergency) tongue jack, socket for the stabilizers, socket for the tongue jack, lug nut wrench (or add a socket to the collection), torque wrench for the lug nuts (I carry the click type but also own a digital adapter). Locks for the tongue and anything I put on the post at campgrounds. I also own a boot to secure the trailer but only use that in storage. Water filter. Water pressure regulator. Other stuff too that is probably overkill (Centramatics).

And tires. They age out before they wear out. Five years and they are done.

I’m sure there are other items that you should have but I don’t know about. Maybe some of the more experienced folks can jump in.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:00 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
 
Ch47d1sg's Avatar
 
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Trophy Club , Texas
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
Welcome to the forum.

ZipDee emergency kit probably got lost somewhere. I bought a replacement from ZipDee. It is a bit pricey but you’re already in pretty deep money-wise. ZipDee seems to be a bit amateurish. Parts of the web site have been under construction for quite a while. And the entire site should be updated. Many of the videos look as though they were copied from BetaMax to VCR to DVD to something streamable. There seems to be a range of opinions regarding the Relax awning. I bought a new rear head for my awning but will have to do some fancy engineering to replace it because the winding tool can’t catch the threads.

My new-to-me 2017 International was missing the monitor for the camera. However, the existing Voyager camera is outdated so I’m in conversations with Haloview for brackets that don’t require holes to be drilled.

You should have a number of manuals. One for the trailer and one for each system (fridge, cooking appliances, HVAC). Mine were in a nice binder. Based on the trail of titles, I believe that my trailer had been repossessed then bought by a dealer before I got it. Stuff gets lost in those transactions.

Airstreams apparently don’t come with a jack to change the tire. Use the scissor jack from your tow vehicle. Some folks carry a compact floor jack...which sounds interesting to me. I like my 3-ton floor jack a lot but it is too heavy to carry in the truck (one must be mindful of weight). Some folks use a ramp for changing tires of dual axle trailers. I have a ramp that I’ll carry until I get tired of them taking up storage space. A breaker bar is handy, too.

You should have a crank for the stabilizers but the drill+socket is better. And a key that unlocks the lavatory door from the outside.

Lots of stuff to carry with you if you want. For me, it’s about having gear on hand for emergencies and making things easier: electric drill (mine is angled) for the stabilizers and (emergency) tongue jack, socket for the stabilizers, socket for the tongue jack, lug nut wrench (or add a socket to the collection), torque wrench for the lug nuts (I carry the click type but also own a digital adapter). Locks for the tongue and anything I put on the post at campgrounds. I also own a boot to secure the trailer but only use that in storage. Water filter. Water pressure regulator. Other stuff too that is probably overkill (Centramatics).

And tires. They age out before they wear out. Five years and they are done.

I’m sure there are other items that you should have but I don’t know about. Maybe some of the more experienced folks can jump in.
Thank you
__________________
Top
2019 Flying Cloud 30 RBT Flying Warrior
2016 Silverado Z71 Heavy Half, 6.2l max tow package and Hensley Arrow hitch
“Tomorrow is not promised”
Ch47d1sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:07 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member
 
Roadhoop's Avatar

 
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Granville , Ohio
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 77
Remotes for all the electronics
Jack "socket" for manual cranking tongue jack
Keys for all locked areas
Briefcase for manuals mentioned in above post

YMMV depending on model.
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:43 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

 
2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 133
Get key duplicates made as soon as possible. Locksmiths may not carry the blanks you need. I had to order some online and take to the locksmith. DW wears the two main door keys on a chain around her neck. Call it a “fashion statement”.

I bought a replacement remote for the DVD player (that I may never use). Better to get it now before it becomes hard to find.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:04 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member
 
DewTheDew's Avatar
 
2017 27' Flying Cloud
Frederick , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 461
One note regarding the jack. With the double axles you can actually just pull the second tire on the side with the flat onto a little stack of stabilizer blocks and the other tire will be lifted off the ground. That is how I changed all four tires when I upgraded the wheel/tire package. No jack needed.
DewTheDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:58 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member
 
2018 27' Globetrotter
2021 27' Flying Cloud
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
Correct me if I am wrong, but your Flying Cloud probably has a manual awning. Our new 2021 FC has a manual awning, and to the best of my knowledge, it only came with the hook rod to pull out the awning(s). I haven’t seen any other accessory.

Now, when we had a Globetrotter with a power awning, it did come with some awning accessories. Those items allowed the awning to be retracted in the event that it became stuck in its extended position.

When we sold the Globetrotter, I did my best to include all of the original items that came with it: remotes, keys, manuals, awning accessories, and even the little plastic tubs that fit underneath the bed/lounge seating. If your FC was purchased used, then what you received might depend upon the previous owner. I would think, however, that your dealer might throw in a starter package that would include a sewer hose, tank treatment, a 20 amp circuit tester, maybe even toilet paper. But that is pure speculation on my part.

Enjoy your FC!
ToBoldlyRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:24 PM   #9
Rivet Master
 
2020 23' Flying Cloud
Sebastian , Florida
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 524
The slow start to this thread is partly because different dealers supply different goody packages. Even from the factory, the list of "standard" inclusions varies from trailer to trailer and year to year. There is no "what's inside the box" list. If you bought used, that's a whole different story. BTW, we have the manual awning. The owner's manual doesn't mention a hex key, and I have no idea how it would be used. If the awning gets that jazzed up, it's probably best just to take it off, using the comprehensive tool set you've assembled on your own.
Think about what situations you may need to address. Blown fuse or mechanical failure of electric jack? Crank, as noted above. Weight distributing hitch? Some come with their own special "cheater" bar. Tire changes? Good advice above, just be sure your lug wrench works on YOUR trailer. Sewer dumps? You got just the basic hose, if that. Think about all the different connections you may encounter, and build up your dumping toolkit, along with an acceptable storage option.
Did you get info on A-S campgrounds and memberships in your "satchel"? The included owner's manuals are typically hit or miss, so fill in any missing items from the internet (before the trip that takes you out of cell phone range). I've had them come with footprints on them... I think they tape a basket to the first solid part and toss them in from the OEM cartons as the trailer rolls down the line. If it gets tipped over, or someone needs to mop up an oil spill, what's one manual, more or less?
Happy camping!
__________________
-Don
(That man in that tiny can)
(Same man, Bigger can)
GetawA-S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:08 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member
 
2020 27' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 5
Top:

We purchased our 2020 27'FB Flying Cloud new and it came with the previously mentioned Zip Dee Hook Rod and stabilizer crank (stored in the rear bumper storage compartment).

In a simple cardboard box in the closet there was a tongue jack manual crank, a 5 foot Quick-Connect gas hose, an Airstream nylon carpeted door mat, a white plastic circular cutting board/ sink cover, 4 plastic TV legs (since the two TV's are wall mounted).

The various manuals, The Newbies Guide To Airstreaming book and Remote Controls were secured by the dealer and given to us in a nylon soft-sided briefcase with the keys (with one metal Airstream keychain and two blue and white plastic Airstream keychains).

Our dealer also included a "Starter Kit" from their Service and Parts Department that included a sewer hose, sewer hose 90 degree attachment, toilet paper, and a 110 volts circuit tester.

Many of the items needed to operate our Airstream efficiently was purchased primarily on Amazon.com. The items in the cardboard box appears to be what you were asking about. You may want to call another dealer or stop by and ask them or look for yourself. I hope this helps and puts your mind at ease a bit. Perhaps a follow-up telephone call to your dealer or salesperson will help.

I wish you nothing but success!

Bob

I can certainly understand your concern for the missing "Components of the End Item," if you are still not happy, I'm happy to help out by sending photos or answering specific questions.
13013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member
 
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Napa , California
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 16
Curious about socket attachment for drill to manually crank stabilizer you reference in your excellent tool arsenal . I have one automatic stabilizer that has stopped deploying on my 2018 TB27. Crank in storage compartment does not match round bolt like screw on stabilizer. So was not able to hand crank. Dealer can’t fix for 6 weeks! We use to use drill on manual stabilizers in our SOB but not sure what attachment (socket ) I need for this. My husband just passed away I’m trying to figure this out on own. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
RMYull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:12 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member
 
2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Napa , California
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhoop View Post
Remotes for all the electronics
Jack "socket" for manual cranking tongue jack
Keys for all locked areas
Briefcase for manuals mentioned in above post

YMMV depending on model.
What’s a jack socket? My one automatic stabilizer isn’t working and hand crank supplied doesn’t match up so wasn’t able to manually deploy. So maybe this “socket “ is the missing link. Hope so dealer can’t fix for 6 weeks!! Thanks for help.
RMYull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:45 PM   #13
3 Rivet Member

 
2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 133
A photo of your situation might help.

My stabilizers use a hand crank. I bought a DeWalt 20v angle drill and a socket to manipulate the stabilizers. Works fine. I have quite a few DeWalt 20v tools so the batteries are the same across the entire line of tools. I keep the drill, socket, battery, and charger in the small duffle that came with the drill. The same drill can be used to manually retract and extend the tongue jack but using a different socket.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #14
1 Rivet Member
 
2020 27' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 5
Scissor Jack Socket

Attached, please find a photo from the Wal-Mart website. I suspect your local Wal-Mart will carry this product. It inserts into a cordless drill and can be used to mechanically crank the manual scissor jack. Although I’m not sure of the size bolt on your automatic stabilizer, I suspect it is the same size as all of the manual jacks for continuity within the industry. If the attached photo fails to open - the product is made by Camco and is metal. One end is cylindrical and the interior of the cylinder “socket” is sized to mate with the jack bolt. The other end of the tool is a shaft manufactured to fit into a cordless drill and tightened. Good luck!

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ED6DECB2-39F5-4725-A07D-4DF5FC1B305B.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	393437  
13013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:13 AM   #15
Rivet Master
 
1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,694
Blog Entries: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13013 View Post
Attached, please find a photo from the Wal-Mart website. I suspect your local Wal-Mart will carry this product. It inserts into a cordless drill and can be used to mechanically crank the manual scissor jack. Although I’m not sure of the size bolt on your automatic stabilizer, I suspect it is the same size as all of the manual jacks for continuity within the industry. If the attached photo fails to open - the product is made by Camco and is metal. One end is cylindrical and the interior of the cylinder “socket” is sized to mate with the jack bolt. The other end of the tool is a shaft manufactured to fit into a cordless drill and tightened. Good luck!



Bob


Right up there with distilled spirits as one of the finest achievements of mankind!
__________________
Sorta new (usually dirty) Nissan Titan XD (hardly paid for)
Middle-aged Safari SE
Young, lovely bride
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 Silverado 1500 and FC30RBT Ch47d1sg Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches 25 02-28-2021 10:05 AM
Bought a Used 2019 GT 27FBT-What should I have dealer check? WEBOPS 2018 - Current Globetrotter 8 06-27-2020 06:37 AM
A ponder - Would Have,Could Have ,Should Have Life is a Highway Towing, Tow Vehicles & Hitches 37 11-01-2019 07:55 AM
could have, others say should have, but didn't Bob Blarney Our Community 3 10-18-2017 12:04 PM
Just received my new Inteli Power 9100 delquattro Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 3 04-12-2005 07:20 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.