Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
2023 28' Flying Cloud
Monmouth , Oregon
19 and 23 Bunk Models

Hi,

anyone have first hand experience with either of these little bunk models?

How comfortable is the corner bed for two adults?

How big of a kid/person has used the bunk comfortably?

Do you have a 19 and wish you had the 23, or do you have a 23 and think you would be just fine with the 19?

Thanks!
Thiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

With any of these sort of questions, by far the best solution is to find a dealer who has both models on the lot. Explain your "need to know" and spend some real time checking them out. I'm 6'4 and ... errr ... a bit large. My opinion of what fits and what's comfortable will be very different than somebody who is 5' 2" and weights 100 pounds.

If you go on YouTube you can find examples of families living in some *very* small RV's. You can equally find examples of similar groups who feel *much* larger setups are the only way to go. It's a very personal decision.

The neighbors have a 20'. They have found that for two adults they now put down the "second bed" rather than using the main. That's just their approach and it is very specific to their situation.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:41 AM   #3
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
And I’d add that unconventional solutions can crop up. I slept on the kitchen floor of my parents 28’ Silver Streak as a teenager. (Air mattress). The younger sisters were on the foldout couch. Parents on twins. (They kept that trailer 27-years).

The point to an RV is to be outdoors. 28’ and up is where long-term indoors living becomes feasible. Weather, illness, etc are what “force” remaining in place. Otherwise, move.

Thus, larger and smaller it’s the outdoor space that should be studied. Full awning package. Screen room. Area rug. Chairs. Etc. That is your living area.

Sleeping takes care of itself.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote