Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2022, 08:36 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
Fredericksburg , Texas
Wine rack - Classic 33

In a 2022 Classic 33 there is a wine rack for three bottles in the kitchen. Can anyone give me assurances that the wine bottles are secure enough to travel with them in place?
Doc W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 06:20 AM   #2
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Would also love to see some close up pictures of how it’s attached. It appears it is only attached to the cabinet above and not the countertop.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Glass bottle in transit, likely best to secure them separately and use the rack when you’re stationary…. Unless you wanna potentially come into a broken bottle of wine or chipped counter top.

Regardless of if it’s secure when you drive (like the fridge door, pantry/spice rack, upper cabinets, etc. things happen and you can still walk into the AS with everything open.

Just my thoughts.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:15 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
Fredericksburg , Texas
Undoubtedly the safest thing would be to not travel with them occupied. However I wonder if they were designed to be safe to travel occupied and surely someone has routinely done it and I would like to know the results.
Doc W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:48 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Napa , California
Wine bottles are really strong! We used to travel with ours in an unlined bottle bag (you know the type they give you at the store when you purchase 4 bottles?). We had Ultimate add a wine rack to our underbench storage and nothing has happened to any of it yet; we've messed around with both horizontal and vertical storage. If you are really concerned stow a beach towel or some kitchen towels around them when traveling...or add a velcro strap.

I wouldn't leave a re-corked bottle on the rack, because the cork can work it's way out but bottles would have no problems at all as long as they aren't a funky size that doesn't fit.
Atwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:12 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Laurel , Maryland
Secure storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc W View Post
In a 2022 Classic 33 there is a wine rack for three bottles in the kitchen. Can anyone give me assurances that the wine bottles are secure enough to travel with them in place?
In a 97 Safari, the “Goucho” bed sofa,, the arm rests come off.
I store my wine and spirits cushioned with recycled Amazon packaging.
It reuses waste, keeps glass from rattling or cracking and out of sight.
Unlike a rack, where you may want to show it off? I don’t. No one needs to see my $60 bottle of single malt, unless I want them too.
Rick
Rick n Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 07:59 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Assurances? Is there anything certain with Airstream travel?
dhroberts is offline   Reply With Quote