Fortunately, my AS dealer is only 30 minutes away. I have to say the customer service by Airstream OC is fantastic. They sent a tech out to inspect, repair where possible, document the warranty work that needed to be done, and did all the legwork getting everything approved (ordering new doors and cabinets takes time and lots of follow-up). Here's my punch list for the dealer when I drop it off:
1. Wardrobe doors and drawers - Wardrobe doors too short. Fell out on first trip, damaging drawers underneath. Verified by tech.
2. Faulty Alde temperature sensor - tech tried to replace, but wire was pinched when overhead entertainment cabinets were installed. Temporary sensor installed above bathroom door until cabinets can be pulled out at the dealer.
3. Entry door light/fixture flickers - bulb replaced. Did not fix the problem.
4. Shower lights flicker while running water pump on city water (to increase water pressure for shower).
5. Overhead blinds - all top right tensions tabs are defective
6. USB charging ports not working between recliners
7. Door lock issue - will not engage from inside unless slammed hard. Rarely on the first try.
8. Since purchase - low water pressure due to "double" regulators (at spigot and on-board) to prevent leaking from pop-off relief valve (overfilled a 5-gallon bucket in one evening) . On-board regulator replaced. Did not work. Possible replacement of pop-off relieve valve.
9. Re-set and re-install window catch assembly for large windows that are still closed on lowest notch.
10. Please inspect for missing rivets. Found several popped from first trip.
How's that for a punch list of warranty work?
Despite all of the above, I've very much enjoyed living in my Airstream every day since February. Learning how to service, maintain, and yes, even do minor repairs myself (thanks to a lot of information and advice from this forum), have given me a confidence and independence that can only be earned and lived. My husband has a 1975 Sovereign
in Alaska and he enjoys my shiny-new by-the-bay abode just as much as we enjoy getting our hands dirty with his. Y'all.
Originally Posted by Overstreet
I can fix it in two hours. Or drive 4 hours one way to the dealer....or days.....to JC.
Also I'm not seeing the big punch list of warrantee issues y'all are coming up with.