Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Victron Energy MPPT Control

My controller is displaying “fetching history”. I can not switch to setup or use any of the arrows to change display. Does anyone know how to reset this.
rlyoung1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyoung1952 View Post
My controller is displaying “fetching history”. I can not switch to setup or use any of the arrows to change display. Does anyone know how to reset this.

I had a similar issue. Remove the monitor outer rim which will expose 4 screws. Remove the screws. Pull the monitor away from the wall exposing the backside. Unplug the wire connecting the monitor. Wait a few minutes. Plug the wire back into its slot. This should reset the monitor. This process worked for me. let me know if this worked. Thx.
Sjcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjcjr View Post
I had a similar issue. Remove the monitor outer rim which will expose 4 screws. Remove the screws. Pull the monitor away from the wall exposing the backside. Unplug the wire connecting the monitor. Wait a few minutes. Plug the wire back into its slot. This should reset the monitor. This process worked for me. let me know if this worked. Thx.

Thanks, it worked. Jackson center wanted me to take it back to my dealer to replace it. My dealer in in NJ and I am in Florida right now. Orlando’s Airstream was trying to get me in within two weeks. I can now cancel this appointment.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2016 30' Classic
Covington , Louisiana
Quote:
Thanks, it worked. Jackson center wanted me to take it back to my dealer to replace it. My dealer in in NJ and I am in Florida right now. Orlando’s Airstream was trying to get me in within two weeks. I can now cancel this appointment.

Happy it worked and I could be of help. Many times I’m also stumped with my 2020 30ft classic and this forum has been a great resource for me and has saved me from a warranty trip back my dealer.
Sjcjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
I'm just glad to hear AS finally upgraded to a decent solar controller. Yea!
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I'm just glad to hear AS finally upgraded to a decent solar controller. Yea!
Hi

They made the switch a couple years ago ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
Just picked up our Classic 30RBQ yesterday and had the same issue. Followed Sjcjr's advice and all is well. Working perfectly!!!
Soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:07 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Blue Ridge , Georgia
Solar monitor

1week old 2020 30' Classic
Just read this post and having the same issue with my monitor. It reads fetching history or something like that. I called Jackson Center and they sent me a PDF on controls. The monitor will not accept any input. My second e-mail the tech suggested I have a technician check it out. Will try the above suggestion.
Sounds like it worked for several people.

Thanks
Gleverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:14 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Blue Ridge , Georgia
Working again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleverett View Post
1week old 2020 30' Classic
Just read this post and having the same issue with my monitor. It reads fetching history or something like that. I called Jackson Center and they sent me a PDF on controls. The monitor will not accept any input. My second e-mail the tech suggested I have a technician check it out. Will try the above suggestion.
Sounds like it worked for several people.

Thanks
Tried it and it worked. Thanks for posting on forums

Guy
Old 06-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
DALLAS , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleverett View Post
Tried it and it worked. Thanks for posting on forums

Guy
Does it still charge the batteries while saying fetching History?
Phantom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:38 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Blue Ridge , Georgia
My controller does the same thing "Fetching History". I have unscrewed it as above and reset it and it will work for a few days properly but goes back to fetching history. I've reset it at least 10 times over the last 6 months. I think it time for warranty replacement of the monitor. I do believe it does charge the batteries in that mode.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:08 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Holyoke , Massachusetts
Hello

I've reset mine also. Everything was fine for a few weeks then it returned to the fetching history message. Next, I reset it from the blue Victron solar charge controller by unplugging the display cable, waiting and then replugging. That also reset it and everything worked fine for a few weeks. Since neither was a long term fix I guess I'll contact my dealer.
hsgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2023 30' International
Hanover , Pennsylvania
This is a follow up from my original post. About a month ago I went to JC for warranty work. Reported the issue but by the time the technician got to the problem he must have reset it and didn’t do anything to it. Fast forward three weeks and I am back at JC again for that and more problems. Technician replaced the display. I spent the night and you can guess it I was getting the error again. This time they replaced the controller but when the solar and battery was reconnected they reversed them. After about 15 minutes they realized what they did and reconnected the solar and battery correctly. I now leave and the display is indicating bulk but never absorption or float. Tried getting airstream service to help with no results. Found out that the controller determines voltage when it is connected the first time and since solar was connected to battery input, it assumed it was a 24 volt battery. I found were to change the value and since I corrected it I see all three levels during the day. My concern I have now is to the batteries which were over charged for almost 2 weeks. Are the still ok or should I try to get new ones?
Old 07-17-2020, 02:40 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
If you can get new batteries, then I would go for it. You never know what the condition of the original batteries is and if they were left to drain completely to empty. This battery situation seems to affect a lot of new trailers resulting in weak or failing batteries shortly after hitting the road for the first time.

The systems should be protected from reverse polarity so they are probably okay. Best way to determine if things are okay is to test everything out and let each device run for a while.

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #15
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
This is a follow up from my original post. About a month ago I went to JC for warranty work. Reported the issue but by the time the technician got to the problem he must have reset it and didn’t do anything to it. Fast forward three weeks and I am back at JC again for that and more problems. Technician replaced the display. I spent the night and you can guess it I was getting the error again. This time they replaced the controller but when the solar and battery was reconnected they reversed them. After about 15 minutes they realized what they did and reconnected the solar and battery correctly. I now leave and the display is indicating bulk but never absorption or float. Tried getting airstream service to help with no results. Found out that the controller determines voltage when it is connected the first time and since solar was connected to battery input, it assumed it was a 24 volt battery. I found were to change the value and since I corrected it I see all three levels during the day. My concern I have now is to the batteries which were over charged for almost 2 weeks. Are the still ok or should I try to get new ones?
Hi

Unless you have a monster solar array and tiny batteries, you aren't going to fry them in a week. There just isn't enough power available. About all you may have done is properly equalized the batteries for the first time in a long time ....

Bob
Old 01-14-2021, 06:10 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Airstream - Other
Ridgewood , New Jersey
Victron problems

I accidentally unplugged my trailer for 6 days in the cold. My victron says deepest discharge and I can’t reset it to get any kind of power. I’m trying to heat the trailer with gas, but the rest of the panels don’t turn on to enable gas heat. How do i reset the victron? Plugging it back in doesn’t help. Is the battery officially fried with “deepest discharge” reading? Thank you for any help. I know nothing about power or trailers and fear I have broken it somehow.
Lajonchere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:35 PM   #17
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajonchere View Post
I accidentally unplugged my trailer for 6 days in the cold. My victron says deepest discharge and I can’t reset it to get any kind of power. I’m trying to heat the trailer with gas, but the rest of the panels don’t turn on to enable gas heat. How do i reset the victron? Plugging it back in doesn’t help. Is the battery officially fried with “deepest discharge” reading? Thank you for any help. I know nothing about power or trailers and fear I have broken it somehow.
Hi

Multiple issues .....

1) A heavily discharged lead acid battery can freeze in the 20's. It is rare to get that far down. Since battery capacity decreases in the cold, it could indeed happen. Frozen battery cases can split and make a mess.

2) If the battery is not frozen and just discharged, you need to use an external charger to get it up to a reasonable voltage. Most garages have the ability to do this sort of thing. Carrying the battery to them might be an option. They can also test the batteries to see if replacement is called for.

3) If pulling the batteries is not an option, you need to bring the power to them. Either plug into shore power or run a generator. A set of jumper cables from the TV might work in a pinch. You want to charge for at least an hour before expecting them to do anything. If you are on shore power, hook up the charger and let it run overnight.

4) Full charge from dead is a 24 hour process. On a cold battery it also involves modifying the charge voltages to match the temperature of the battery.

Once the batteries are back up to "above 12V" the various Victron devices should all be happy.

Bob