Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Hilton Head Island , South Carolina
Unable to Update Czone/TPMS

Iím having an issue getting the Czone TPMS system update with the new low pressure information I programmed into the TST monitor.

I followed the procedures in the TST manual to update the low pressure amounts in the TST monitor.

We have a 2022 Classic 30 and Iím attempting to update the Czone TMPS system. I followed the update procedure in the Owners Manual. Everything seems on track until I get to the last step. This is from the Manual:
Press and hold the ďSetĒ button on the TPMS monitor until both, the transmitter and monitor, beep and the display shows ďACC EPT.Ē
When I do this step, after pressing and holding the ďSetĒ button for approximately 60 seconds, the TST monitor returns to normal operation mode and the word ďACC EPTĒ is not displayed. The Czone system still shows low pressure warnings so it does not appear to have accepted my revised low pressure amounts.

Any ideas? Airstream technical support mailbox is full. Iíll keep trying to catch him and post the answer if we connect.

Thanks, Terry
TerryHHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryHHI View Post
I’m having an issue getting the Czone TPMS system update with the new low pressure information I programmed into the TST monitor.

I followed the procedures in the TST manual to update the low pressure amounts in the TST monitor.

We have a 2022 Classic 30 and I’m attempting to update the Czone TMPS system. I followed the update procedure in the Owners Manual. Everything seems on track until I get to the last step. This is from the Manual:
Press and hold the “Set” button on the TPMS monitor until both, the transmitter and monitor, beep and the display shows “ACC EPT.”
When I do this step, after pressing and holding the “Set” button for approximately 60 seconds, the TST monitor returns to normal operation mode and the word “ACC EPT” is not displayed. The Czone system still shows low pressure warnings so it does not appear to have accepted my revised low pressure amounts.

Any ideas? Airstream technical support mailbox is full. I’ll keep trying to catch him and post the answer if we connect.

Thanks, Terry
Find the TST transmitter under the wardrobe. It is the flashing red button.

After you hold “go” for 3 seconds on the TPMS monitor, “accept” pops up.
Then press the + button 5 times until “send” pops up.
Now press the red blinking button under the wardrobe 5 times rapidly. It will emit a nice beep sound so you know that you did it right.
Then press “set” on the TMPS display.

This is from page 8-8 in the 2021 Classic Manual. I did it a couple of weeks ago and it worked.

I also recommend getting an air compressor for your tires. I have VIAIR 450 RV from amazon. It makes things easier.

Good luck. -Arthur
turonueve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:00 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Thanks Arthur, Iíve tried the steps in the Owners Manual but for some reason it isnít Accepting the changes. Iíll keep trying.

I have a VIAIR Iíve drug around for years. I love it.

Thanks,
Terry
Old 10-14-2022, 05:30 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryHHI View Post
Thanks Arthur, Iíve tried the steps in the Owners Manual but for some reason it isnít Accepting the changes. Iíll keep trying.

I have a VIAIR Iíve drug around for years. I love it.

Thanks,
Terry
Terry,

I am having the same problem, did you ever resolve it?

Paul
Roadhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 01:02 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Hey Paul,

I have not been able to update it. I have tried several times. I talked to tech support and they basically walked me through the same steps as manual and said it should work. It didn’t and they had no alternative solutions.

I decided to live with it until it becomes unbearable.

Terry
Old 10-15-2022, 05:27 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
Ugh, thanks Terry.

I talked with TSTTruck, CZONE support and Airstream. Kinda got the "we can't help try xxx" and around in the circle it went. CZONE support did say that Airstream designs and customizes the CZONE setup to Airstream's needs. I am assuming that somebody at Airstream can maybe examine the CZONE logs?

I am headed to Jackson Center next week for warranty work and this will be on the list.

Stay tuned.

Paul
Old 10-16-2022, 08:11 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2022 33' Classic
Chesapeake , Virginia
Interesting, following this thread. When we picked up our Classic 33 in June in NJ, the tech could not get the TST 507 to talk to CZone. I figured I would mess with it later, but was happy I had the display that worked fine. Still haven't messed with it. Just another annoyance.
BGClassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 12:15 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Granville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGClassic View Post
Interesting, following this thread. When we picked up our Classic 33 in June in NJ, the tech could not get the TST 507 to talk to CZone. I figured I would mess with it later, but was happy I had the display that worked fine. Still haven't messed with it. Just another annoyance.
Mine works fine, just can't update it to new low pressure settings.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:56 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
My cZone works fine too except my inability to update the target tire pressure.

Paul, thanks for chasing this in Jackson Center. Iím interested to hear about the solution.

Terry
Old 05-02-2023, 09:14 PM   #10
Freedom

2023 30' Classic
Dallas , TX
I tried following the manual on our new 2023 Airstream Classic and it reads it was successful, but it never updates. I will be heading to the Mothership in July and I will get them to address it. I will update this thread once I get there.
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:29 PM   #11
JFR1800

2021 30RB Classic
Lindsay , Ontario
TSTTruck Czone update

KCurtis were you able to get a solution to the Czone update of the new pressure settings?
JFR1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 05:50 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2023 33' Classic
Manassas , Virginia
I just reprogrammed my CZone to update the low pressure limits from the TPMS. I too followed the instructions referenced above. It didn't work for the first dozen or so times I tried it. It finally "Accepted" the update when I pushed the "Set" button repeatedly on the TPMS vs. simply holding it down. It took a couple of tries, but it eventually did work.

Note that you'll need to clear any latent tire alarms on your TPMS before your start.

It **will work**...eventually. My own theory (being a System Engineer with a programming background) is that since you didn't change any of the TPMS sensor ID numbers, the CZone didn't "see" a change, and therefore didn't see a need to update. Just a theory, since I haven't gone through the CZone code.

I did have to update one of the TPMS tire senders (the battery died and I had to replace), and reprogramming the CZone with the above procedure worked the first time exactly as the manual said it would. That's why I think it's a bit finicky when trying to update the CZone limits without changing any of the sensor IDs.

If you continue to have trouble, you could temporarily change one of the TPMS sensor IDs - then reprogram the CZone with the new ID (and new tire pressure limits). It "should" accept the new programming easily as per the instructions. Then just reverse the procedure and reprogram the CZone again with the correct TPMS ID. This is the procedure I was about to try when I just started pressing the "Set" key a bunch of times (vs. holding it down) and it finally accepted the new limits.

Keep at it...it'll work...eventually
InvertdEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 06:49 AM   #13
JFR1800

2021 30RB Classic
Lindsay , Ontario
Thanks InvertdEagle,

Will try again hopefully it will take.

JFR 1800
Old 09-17-2023, 01:48 PM   #14
JFR1800

2021 30RB Classic
Lindsay , Ontario
InvertdEagle,

Thanks again for your help and encouragement, got it to program after ensuring all tires were reading on the TPMS display and pushing the set button several times instead of holding.

JFR1800
Old 04-13-2024, 10:02 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2021 30RB Classic
2023 27' Globetrotter
Sproat Lake , British Columbia
Great info here, wanted to add my notes.

1. I had to press the flashing RED button rapidly 5 times. If I was slow and steady, nothing happened.

2. For the TST portable display, it was slow and deliberate, 5 times.

Had to reprogram the TST display tires to get the correct positions to match-up with AS Czone, as I got a unprogrammed display off Ebay

Now have to figure out why the CZone2 app I downloaded on an Ipad won't display tire pressures.