Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #21
ObviouslyKnot

Currently Looking...
KAILUA , HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by asw211rf View Post
We are new to the Airstream and love the unit. Purchased last year. We also have a squeak in the floor although I would describe it as center of the aisle at the transition between hall and the bedroom. Scheduled for repair at JC. Ray
Mine squeaked; SLC Airstream said they removed the belly pan and glued the top of the frame, but be sure the rear stabilizers are hard down.

So now, I have squeaks when not hard down, and no squeaks when hard down.

Hard down = when the stabilizers stop moving completely with the Extend button button pushed.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:53 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
You know I have a squeak there. But I think its coming from the bulkhead to ceiling joint.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
Another lesson I have learned recently was from a neighbor of mine. They just bought a brand new Prevost. I didn’t ask how much they paid for it but it’s 2 million, maybe more. They’ve had it 2 weeks and the punch list was at 50 yesterday. My point is that I am learning price and name doesn’t always guarantee that the RV will be 100% perfect 100% of the time. ......................
I did a $100million hospital project and the punch list first draft was 1,000 items. Costly things often have more things to be written up.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:58 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2019 25' International
Hebron , Connecticut
Angry FLOOR squeak

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw211rf View Post
We are new to the Airstream and love the unit. Purchased last year. We also have a squeak in the floor although I would describe it as center of the aisle at the transition between hall and the bedroom. Scheduled for repair at JC. Ray

I realize this was from over 2 years ago, but we are scheduled to go into the shop for the SAME thing. But, we are fulltiming! How long was yours in the shop and what was involved to fix it?
fiddyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:01 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddyl View Post
I realize this was from over 2 years ago, but we are scheduled to go into the shop for the SAME thing. But, we are fulltiming! How long was yours in the shop and what was involved to fix it?

We got our floor squeak fixed in one day. They were planing on two days but even then said they would be able to get us in overnight just no tanks. Just let them know ahead of time you are full timing and need the bed overnight. Worst case there are airbb availability in the area if needed.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:43 PM   #26

2016 28' International
Birmingham , Alabama
Some squeaks may be caused by the axles.
I think there is a thread about this.
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 04:34 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
'18 Classic M30 RQB, We have an appointment at JC in March to address that very issue of floor squeaking between shower and bathroom entrance (and a few other items) Also have a similar squeak on the left side of the bed upwards toward the night stand cabinet, i.e. where your feet hit the floor.
Old 02-18-2021, 05:12 PM   #28
Mitch

2020 30' Classic
Granite Bay , California
A technician at our dealer told me that the 2021 Classic has a different type of flooring design in the bathroom area, he said that a non-wood material was used as part of the system to be more resistant to moisture. I never heard of this before, and it may not be true. Maybe someone more connected with JC could find out if there is truth to this.

2020 Classic 30RQB
2013 2500HD Dmax: 6in lift; GEN-Y Traveler (torsion flex) hitch; Load Range F (3-Ply sides); 1-ton leafs; Hellwig sway bar; Firestone Ride-Rt RED; Bilstein 5160s
Registered Professional Engineer, CA
jmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitchell View Post
A technician at our dealer told me that the 2021 Classic has a different type of flooring design in the bathroom area, he said that a non-wood material was used as part of the system to be more resistant to moisture. I never heard of this before, and it may not be true. Maybe someone more connected with JC could find out if there is truth to this.

2021 trailers now have composite flooring instead of plywood. Not sure if the squeak will still exist or not in the composite versions but it’s fairly common in the plywood floors.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 08:13 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Palm Springs , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
2021 trailers now have composite flooring instead of plywood. Not sure if the squeak will still exist or not in the composite versions but it’s fairly common in the plywood floors.

I have a 2021 27’ GT with squeak next to the bed. Composite flooring. So yes you can have a squeak with the new subfloor. It will be repaired at JC when I have a list long enough to make the trip there.
Txforetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Lorton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txforetravel View Post
I have a 2021 27’ GT with squeak next to the bed. Composite flooring. So yes you can have a squeak with the new subfloor. It will be repaired at JC when I have a list long enough to make the trip there.
lol new flooring and AS still can't get this floor squeak problem under control. Talk about abstract failure.
Zybane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:05 AM   #32
1 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Ocala , Florida
Squeaky Floor Returns

If you are only one month out of warranty, my bet is that Airstream will make it good especially with a repeat well known item. They may want you to travel to JC but it will be worth it. Ray
asw211rf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Pleasant Garden , North Carolina
After 26 months of ownership ours started squeaking this weekend. Ours squeaks between the shower and the entrance to our bedroom. I have a couple of other issues that need to be addressed so I guess this will be added to the list.
jlandreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 01:47 PM   #34
farsid9

2019 30' Flying Cloud
Williamson , New York
YES...ours is squeaky but livable! Own 2019 30' FC bunk...love it 98% of the time. I've noticed the squeaks are less when I don't crank up the corner jacks too high. Other than that, only lost the HW circuit board 2 yrs +30 days in... (never use Dometic again!). After 18,000 + miles...no other minor issues. It's still one of the 'best trailers' in most parks. I listen to others (who own different units) and it still sounds like AS is better than most. I also try to remember... we're towing this baby across America, not all the roads are gentle and forgiving. Things shake and shift, just like my waistline! Hope everyone travels safe.

Farsid9
farsid9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 12:45 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdaley21 View Post
We have the same problem with our 2018 Classic. I’ve been debating whether to have it repaired or leave it alone and live with it. It sounds as though the repairs aren’t lasting—so I’m wondering if anyone has had the floor repaired and not experienced a recurrence.
We had our floor squeaks repaired during a JC Factory service appt. last March, both hallway and left side of RQB. They added more subfloor underside wooden batting, and. adhesive & screws which served to shore up the flooring and eliminate those nuisance squeaks. All good now.
Old 08-12-2021, 05:11 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
We are at JC now. They explained the cause of the squeak between the bathroom and shower in our 2019 30’. It takes about 5 minutes to fix, but it takes about 15 hours to get to the source of the problem. The walls need to come out. The lockers above the twin beds, the tanks have to be dropped. He assured us that they would be able to successfully rebuild after tearing apart with some hole in the closet remaining, but hidden. We are going to pass on this trip and bring it back out when we put it away for the winter. Would never consider having this done at a dealer. Would live with the squeak.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #37
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
St Pete Beach , Florida
I noticed on a KYD video that x-chocks helped with a squeak they had in their AS. Worth a try?
Tbiomomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 08:34 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsid9 View Post
YES...ours is squeaky but livable! Own 2019 30' FC bunk...love it 98% of the time. I've noticed the squeaks are less when I don't crank up the corner jacks too high. Other than that, only lost the HW circuit board 2 yrs +30 days in... (never use Dometic again!). After 18,000 + miles...no other minor issues. It's still one of the 'best trailers' in most parks. I listen to others (who own different units) and it still sounds like AS is better than most. I also try to remember... we're towing this baby across America, not all the roads are gentle and forgiving. Things shake and shift, just like my waistline! Hope everyone travels safe.

Farsid9
Our Eddie Bauer squeaked from the day we bought it ... the dealer did not want to address it at the time.
Now we are used to the squeak and have all the other issues fixed to our satisfaction - by ourselves !
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote