Old 08-11-2020, 08:01 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Richmond , Virginia
Smart App / Wifi / Cellular - Not working

First, I recognize there are several lengthy threads on this. I read through them but didn't really see a solution to my problem. If I missed it, I apologize in advance.

Here is my issue - I am able to connect to my new Classic 30 through wifi using their QR code. It registers the trailer and I can connect to WIFI. I also received a messaging saying I was enrolled for one year in the service. However, none of the monitoring or controls systems are available or updating. Additionally, I am not able to to turn on wifi (it says there may be a problem with your device).

The system shows as connected locally (when on wifi) and remotely (when on cellular) through the app. I am also still able to get alerts like low tire pressure and battery disconnected. So its talking at least a little....

This is what I have done to try to fix it:

- Cycled power on the cell/wifi/peplink (sp) device - left disconnected for several minutes
- Deleted and reinstalled app several times
- Purchased ATT service for one month
- Cycled power on entire coach to see if it was a connection to cZONE issue
- Also tried the Connected app (no luck either)

None of that worked and nothing changed along the way. I'm at a loss. I have called Jackson Center. They suggested I try all the things I already did and then were escalating it but no word back.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this?
mountaindrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:16 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Richmond , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaindrm View Post
First, I recognize there are several lengthy threads on this. I read through them but didn't really see a solution to my problem. If I missed it, I apologize in advance.

Here is my issue - I am able to connect to my new Classic 30 through wifi using their QR code. It registers the trailer and I can connect to WIFI. I also received a messaging saying I was enrolled for one year in the service. However, none of the monitoring or controls systems are available or updating. Additionally, I am not able to to turn on wifi (it says there may be a problem with your device).

The system shows as connected locally (when on wifi) and remotely (when on cellular) through the app. I am also still able to get alerts like low tire pressure and battery disconnected. So its talking at least a little....

This is what I have done to try to fix it:

- Cycled power on the cell/wifi/peplink (sp) device - left disconnected for several minutes
- Deleted and reinstalled app several times
- Purchased ATT service for one month
- Cycled power on entire coach to see if it was a connection to cZONE issue
- Also tried the Connected app (no luck either)

None of that worked and nothing changed along the way. I'm at a loss. I have called Jackson Center. They suggested I try all the things I already did and then were escalating it but no word back.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this?
Had some progress yesterday. Airstream corporate made some back end changes that allowed the monitoring / controls to work. So for anyone that runs into this....you should call support for sure.

I am still not able to turn the Wifi on/off or see the status of cellular system (which does seem to be working). Hoping that they can fix this as well. I'll post an update when/if possible.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:41 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Richmond , Virginia
Wrapping this up - the last fix turned out to be resetting the admin password (similar to posts elsewhere). In my case, I had never requested it be changed....so I don't know how it got that way. But it 100% works now.

I do want to say, I was truly thrilled by the responsiveness of Airstream, their customer service agents and the product owner for Smart App. They got back to me, kept at it until it was fixed and checked in after.