Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Projection TV-2018 Classic 33

I know there are several discussions but have there been any decision regarding recall/replacement? This setup is useless! No cable. Even the OTA is limited in terms of reception; picture quality with OTA and DVD is about 1955 vintage!
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:28 AM   #2
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
No word on recall or replacements for your projection tv. Some folks have had good luck by doing some modifications themselves. I am guessing you have read though those posts.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Probably won’t do any good, but I’m going to ask JC to completely replace this awful projection tv with a real flat screen. Right now the whole system is USELESS.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:56 AM   #4
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
You can give it shot but I just gotta ask. I know this is going to come off snarky but did you NOT do a thorough walk through when you bought your 33. As I recall you were warned way ahead of time on this very forum that the projection TV was not functioning very well and you yourself said it would be a deal breaker. You’ve been a member of this forum since 2014, you posted comments about the 33 prior to delivery that indicated that you had read all about some of the fairly serious challenges the 33’s were having and yet you bought one anyway. You stated that you previously owned a 2015 FC which is a new enough to know that AS uses the owners at their field testers when rolling out new gizmos and you bought the 33 anyway. Why? This forum is an absolute goldmine for Airstream owners, a great tool to send and receive accurate information based on real used inthe field by real owners who have no other agenda than to relay their experiences. Seems to me that you are not taking full advantage of the warnings of those who have gone before you.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:15 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Projection TV

I was close to walking away but was told a recall/ resolution was close at hand thru AirForum thread. I did ask dealer to verify that I had latest update to Firefly and was told they confirmed with JC that it was up to date. It wasn’t; in fact, I have version 1. I did as thorough a PDI as was afforded by dealer. But no, I did not take a shower. Bathroom floor flooded after first one. Regardless, a customer should have a “reasonable expectation” of quality workmanship and not be faulted for not discovering everything thru a PDI.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:20 AM   #6
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I still stand by my previous post. You were in fact warned ahead of time that the ‘33 was having issues, not minor issues but significant issues. You acknowledged that you were aware of all the problems, you are not a newbie, not a rookie, and up until the shower problem, which having have been warned about the Alde-turning on the shower would have been the first thing I would have done- anything you complain about has been posted and acknowledged by you before you took delivery. Weather it’s reasonable to have certain expectations is debatable.
IMO - I would call JC and get an appointment to have all your issues addressed by the factory directly, bypassing any dealer, and see what happens by September instead of just posting about it on the internet. As a repeat owner I am sure you have Artie’s number.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:27 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Have that appointment but poor QC still unacceptable