Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2021, 04:48 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
We just got ours back up and running after having no data plan for a year or so. I don’t know if we checked the functionality from outside of the Wifi. We will have to check that.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:17 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
Yesterday, after Customer Service had Cory call me back, he diagnosed me as having “something weird going on” and was unable to fix it with the tools available. He said I had all the updates, and wasn’t sure why my system was behaving the way it was. He escalated it to “The IT Guys”. Twenty Four hours later, everything is working.

I can only assume that the IT guys did something bespoke for my trailer to get my control back online.

As far as Airstream is concerned, all the Pepwave problems have been resolved. If anyone else is still having strange happenings with your Pepwave, then I would call Airstream Customer Service so the IT guys can work their magic for you. They won’t know you’re struggling unless you proactively reach out.

Well mine was back up abs running with a new Verizon SIM card and the Wifi is working but the apps don’t work remotely anymore. Like from yesterday to today. Is this a call AS and get the IT guys on it?
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwbarnard View Post
Well mine was back up abs running with a new Verizon SIM card and the Wifi is working but the apps don’t work remotely anymore. Like from yesterday to today. Is this a call AS and get the IT guys on it?
You'll want to get your case sent to Cory. Call AS and tell them your problems/issues, and ask for them to send it to Cory. He'll do the diagnostics on his end and escalate to IT if it's out of his area of control.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:51 AM   #24
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwbarnard View Post
Hi ajwbarnard,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 08-17-2021, 03:47 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
FRISCO , TX
My access via the app quit working yesterday. I went to the coach (in storage) and no local access either. I power cycled the modem…no bueno. I too was on the beta with no issues (Smart App) so it makes sense this issue is likely something else (ie. new Pepwave firmware).

Plenty of cellular at storage and tons of data left on the sim. Very frustrating.
Old 08-17-2021, 08:24 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmassey321 View Post
My access via the app quit working yesterday. I went to the coach (in storage) and no local access either. I power cycled the modem…no bueno. I too was on the beta with no issues (Smart App) so it makes sense this issue is likely something else (ie. new Pepwave firmware).

Plenty of cellular at storage and tons of data left on the sim. Very frustrating.
If you haven’t already, the easiest thing to try is to unpair your trailer from the app and then pair it up again. In the past, this has fixed connectivity issues for me. If that doesn’t work, call customer service so they can have Cory work his magic for you.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 09:24 AM   #27
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
If you haven’t already, the easiest thing to try is to unpair your trailer from the app and then pair it up again. In the past, this has fixed connectivity issues for me. If that doesn’t work, call customer service so they can have Cory work his magic for you.
Interesting...

Bob
🇺🇸

If I ever go on life support, unplug me... and then plug me back in. See if that works.