Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2018, 11:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
​2020 Atlas​
Pullman , Washington
Our new 33 is awesome

We just picked up our new Classic 33 from our Airstream dealer in Spokane, Washington. We upgraded to a Classic 33 after a great 4 years with a 25 foot Flying Cloud. After reading through various postings, we made sure the Alde heating system worked before leaving the dealer. Our initial impressions have been very positive.

Any suggestions as we run through our initial checks?
WA_Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Congrats! We have a classic 30 and keep an ongoing list. We will likely be dropping it off at the dealer here in the coming weeks but nothing is detrimental at this point. Have fun with it. We will be in your neck of the woods mid May on our way to Idaho and Banff in Canada.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:08 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
St Tammany , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by WA_Airstream View Post
We just picked up our new Classic 33 from our Airstream dealer in Spokane, Washington. We upgraded to a Classic 33 after a great 4 years with a 25 foot Flying Cloud. After reading through various postings, we made sure the Alde heating system worked before leaving the dealer. Our initial impressions have been very positive.

Any suggestions as we run through our initial checks?
Congrats WA_Airstream! After owning other brands, our Classic 33 is the first for us into the Airstream universe. Our first voyage issues initially were the learning curve to make adjustments for continuous hot water, the Alde heat panel conflict with the Firefly, and the Entertainment Center. Once we figured all that out, we have been good to go, and everything seems to work beautifully. We also had a glitch with the awning which Airstream advises they are resolving in our favor. Enjoy it- it is a really comfortable home away from home.
ChipB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 09:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Sioux Falls , SD
Congrats !

The Spokane dealer was where we saw our first AS and feel in love with them. We were vacationing in our motorhome and said WTH lets go look.
The rest is history.

Welcome and enjoy !
Better to live one day a lion than a lifetime a sheep. Camp hard, camp often
DBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #5
VSM

2018 33' Classic
Knoxville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipB View Post
Congrats WA_Airstream! After owning other brands, our Classic 33 is the first for us into the Airstream universe. Our first voyage issues initially were the learning curve to make adjustments for continuous hot water, the Alde heat panel conflict with the Firefly, and the Entertainment Center. Once we figured all that out, we have been good to go, and everything seems to work beautifully. We also had a glitch with the awning which Airstream advises they are resolving in our favor. Enjoy it- it is a really comfortable home away from home.

We also have a new 33 classic, and we are really enjoying it. I am curious, when you say “continuous hot water” what do you mean? Do you mean you don’t run out of hot water? Just want to make sure I’m not missing something.
Thanks.
Vickitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
St Tammany , Louisiana
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickitn View Post
We also have a new 33 classic, and we are really enjoying it. I am curious, when you say “continuous hot water” what do you mean? Do you mean you don’t run out of hot water? Just want to make sure I’m not missing something.
Thanks.
When we first used the "hot" water it was more like lukewarm at best and, even then, intermittent between flat out cold then lukewarm again for a about fifteen seconds or so. After reading the "Much Ado About Alde" posts here in the forum, and talking with the dealer I learned a lot. More from forum posts; not so much from the dealer. Love my dealer, however, there are a few adjustments that the dealer was feigning ignorance on (or at least that's how I took it) concerning hot water (I'm thinking due to the potential liability if the dealer adjusted it up too high and scalded someone). Anyway, they weren't the best source of info for getting the temperature right. They did point out the black valve under the dinette bench seat closest to the door, and turned it up "as high as it would go" according to them. But they did not share the process to adjust it up past the first stop point to where we wanted the temperature. Long story short (I know, too late), there were two adjustments I made and now have continuous HOT water. Not unlimited- just continuous for as long as we've needed so far to wash dishes and shower. Hope this helps. I'm happy to share what I know- inbox me if you like. The best help will be a combo of the Airstreamers (some very knowledgeable) posting in the "Much Ado About Alde" thread, talking to JC, and hopefully for you, your dealer. Happy trails!
ChipB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:45 PM   #7
VSM

2018 33' Classic
Knoxville , Tennessee
Thank you for your kind reply. I understand now what you mean by continuous. We had a 2017 30 Classic that we traded in our 33 Classic so we have some familiarity with the Alde. I would say our current hot water supply is similar to yours. Decent but not unlimited. Have not tried the Alde heat yet in our new one, so I am interested to see how I make out with the Firefly situation. I’m glad to have gotten a heads up here on the forum about the issue and I’ll definitely keep tabs on the Much ado thread. Thank you and happy trails to you also.
Vickitn is offline   Reply With Quote