Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2018, 08:59 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
My advice, DON’T. I’m regretting every day my purchase of 2018 Classic 33. Even the many repairs we just had fixed in JC are now UNFIXED again. And their are no written instructions for anything past 2015.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:50 AM   #62
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hanover , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j View Post
I don’t want this to turn into “what’s the best TV” for the Classic 30 but...smiling....I have the 2017 2500 Lariat with the diesel. I concur, the RAM boxes are worth it. Great for stashing the tools needed for hitching up, everything is so easy to get to. I’m short, 5’3, female, solo so making things easy as possible is #1. I also have the Hensley hitch and have zero sway. Not even a hint. Again, making things easy. I also use my 2500 as my daily driver but I don’t live in an crowded city so it’s not like I have to drive in traffic jams daily anymore...thank goodness, not hard to drive at all. I’ve only had my AS and truck for just under 2 years and love the truck, after the bugs got worked out I now love the AS as well although there was a steep learning curve for me.
When you get your new AS, actually before you get your new Classic, read all about the Alde system. Do a thorough walk through and plan to spend the night on the dealers lot before you head down the road. Use everything, take a shower, turn everything on, then turn it off, repeat.
I was really on the fence about which to get, the 2500 or the 3500. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had gone with the 3500. There isn’t that much of a price difference between the two. The 2500 is fine, no problems but I just wonder if the 3500 would have been a better choice. The only other option I haven’t gotten yet is the truck bed pull drawer thingy, I just recently learned about them. They sure look nice and seems like it would make getting stuff out of the truck bed a lot easier. They do add more weight and that’s the part that make me wonder if the 3500 would have been the better choice.
The only difference between the F250 & F350 is about a 1,000 lb cargo capacity on the rear axle. Tow capacity is the same. When driving unhitched the F250 will have a slightly more compliant suspension whereas the F350 will feel more stiff. The Classic GVWR is 10,000#'s. The F250/350 tow rating is 18,000#'s. Your F250 is more than adequate. Enjoy
Oyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:29 AM   #63
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
My advice, DON’T. I’m regretting every day my purchase of 2018 Classic 33. Even the many repairs we just had fixed in JC are now UNFIXED again. And their are no written instructions for anything past 2015.

That’s odd. My owners manual for my 2017 Classic covers the Alde system, the Firefly system and most other current system information. I downloaded the Alde app which was also helpful in the beginning.
Just got back from JC having multiple things addressed. Can’t say enough good things about Brad, Artie, Jon and all the techs who worked on our coach. Quality work, great attention to detail and very accommodating to my wife and I. Love those guys! Coach is 100% repaired and we are happy.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2018 28' International
Fayetteville , Georgia
Just don’t try to tow it with a Ford Flex...
😳
brick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:39 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Well, the wife and I pulled the trigger! My 27' international sold and we just ordered a 2019 30' classic twin.

Delivery is mid to late September. We will be camping near the dealer for a week to give the trailer a good run-through and test all systems. I'm crossing my fingers things go well. We leave from there for a 2 1/2 month trip out west.

We ordered the Cherry finish, drawers (no oven), twin and solar package.

We are from Ohio and the dealer is from Florida. Dealer said we could not pick up the trailer from the factory. We are going to the factory to see it get built!

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:20 AM   #66
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Turk....congratulations! Excellent decision to stay close to the dealer for the first few days. Hopefully there will be no bugs to work out but preparing ahead for the possibility is the right thing to do.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #67
meandher

2021 27' Globetrotter
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
We have recently sold our 2014 International FB 27 Queen mainly because we really enjoyed several features of the 2018 Classic 30 that we looked at and want to order this Classic in a Twin bed version. We have had great luck with our 2014 and have enjoyed traveling in it.

We have located a couple of 18’s with twins and our interior decor, but one of them had the Alde 3010 system in it. While I have read that the issues are solvable, I think we want the 3020.

The 2019 Classic seems to come with everything, the only things we have seen changed from the 18 are the solar panels (an additional 80 watt panel this year) and agm batteries are std, a 3 year std warranty, built in WiFi, and an app to control the awning, heating system and air from your phone.

Is there anything else that we should be thinking about? Anything that would be done at the factory on special request? Tire size?
Oven vs extra Drawer option?

Thank you for your thoughts
Hi I just put a deposit down to price protect my order for my classic30 foot twini got a 22% discount from msrp I was afraid the factory would speed up their annual price increase due to tariffs on aluminum.
Love the new app only wish it could open the door,
Also hope the WiFi booster works
My dealer said first delivery not before February 2019
This is our 2 step first we bought a Ford F-250 lariat .
We are slowly working on our plan to become trailer trash and yurt dwellers
Docv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:42 AM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docv View Post
Hi I just put a deposit down to price protect my order for my classic30 foot twini got a 22% discount from msrp I was afraid the factory would speed up their annual price increase due to tariffs on aluminum.
Congratulations Docv, it looks like you, Turk and I will be all joining in on new Classic 30’s. We expect ours for the end of October.

Sounds like we will be the testers for the new Czone controll system. We too are upgrading the TV as well, have a 2500 GMC Denali Duramax due in shortly to help herd the Classic 30 down the road. Keep our fingers crossed that the honeymoon period goes well with this new Classic and the control system.

Under no illusions however! Just hoping for the best lol.
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #69
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
You know we will be following and wishing you guys a very easy, short lived, break in period. It may be helpful to start a CZONE thread now instead of having it buried under page 5. I don’t think you’ll have any problems with the Alde system, AS and the dealers appear to have got that worked out now. Communication between the two may be challenge but hopefully not a big one.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:20 AM   #70
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The early Firefly system was pretty much a no brainer. No issues, nothing to figure out. It was only when they went nuts and patched in the AC and the Alde that things went sideways. They seem to have dropped the idea of Alde integration. That just leaves the air conditioning. Study up on that part and you should be ok. Once people start getting experience with the system ... start a thread about it.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:18 PM   #71
3 Rivet Member

2022 33' Classic
2019 33' Classic
2017 27' Tommy Bahama
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docv View Post
Where did you purchase from? I’m looking to buy a 2019 classic 33.
trepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 06:53 AM   #72
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepine View Post
Where did you purchase from? I’m looking to buy a 2019 classic 33.
Hi

Colonial in New Jersey is a good place to shop ... hmmm .... errr ... you are in Arizona ... maybe not so much

To get a good "read" on how good the dealers near you are, it's probably best to start a new thread asking that very question.

Some dealers will give you a good price but are the pits on delivery and service. I would suggest that you want to find one who is going to be competitive in all three areas. People have occasional issues with all of the dealers out there, about all you can do is find one where the vast majority of people have positive experiences.

Bob
Old 09-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #73
JP Patches

2019 30' Classic
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
Another waiting on 2019 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
Congratulations Docv, it looks like you, Turk and I will be all joining in on new Classic 30’s. We expect ours for the end of October.

Sounds like we will be the testers for the new Czone controll system. We too are upgrading the TV as well, have a 2500 GMC Denali Duramax due in shortly to help herd the Classic 30 down the road. Keep our fingers crossed that the honeymoon period goes well with this new Classic and the control system.

Under no illusions however! Just hoping for the best lol.
Hey Folks, been lurking among posts for several months waiting on our Classic 30 Twin. Should be to our MN dealer around 10/8. Ordered end of March. Look forward to sharing and learning.
BTW- anyone know approx coupler height as I prep my Propride from prior SOB.

Thanks- JP
JP Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:29 AM   #74
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2001 25' Safari
Chagrin falls , Ohio
I now own and have traveled a few thousand miles with a brand new 2019 30 classic. It was one of the first 5 off the line. Tech is outstanding with CZONE controller for tech...this is a well known and very expensive yacht brand that's been around......you will need for sure to up you tech game....the router and app work very well and the IT archetects at factory are helpful.... I have been pulling my 25 2001 Safari for 18 years and this coach pull perfectly....of course I have the Pro Pride....don't let anyone of these guys tell you otherwise...it should be a mandatory element by Airstream for a coach this size.....NEVER a sway up and down mountains of from semi blow by.....if one is spending 100k plus...you must invest
Francesca21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Francesca21

Good to hear your report on the 2019 Classic. Ours is due to come out of the factory Sept 12. Yea, you heard me right, it's still there.

It appears to me that the factory may be having issues with something concerning this model as they have not provided me reasons other than "Waiting for a part". My dealer has been told the same. The trailer went through the factory Sept 2 - 12. Today is the 21st and it still has not been released. I will be calling yet again today, but AS seems not to be able to contact the right person, have no notes on the order in the computer, and have not followed up with me on what they have found out. I've made commitments and now have to leave tomorrow for Florida to pick this thing up and it's still sitting in JC.

I've been quite patient so far, but today that changes. I did not want to rush them to finish so I let them have as much time as needed, but 9 extra days past the finish date?

Francesca21 we have something in common. My wife & I are from NE Ohio as you are. Canfield Ohio to be exact.

Tom & Doty
Old 09-21-2018, 07:16 AM   #76
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Right now there are a lot of electronic components in short supply. Lots of little bits and pieces go into something like a fridge control board. You only need one of them to be MIA to stop the whole board assembly. When that happens, the fridge stalls out. Eventually that ripples through to the warehouse and to the OEM's / dealers. That may indeed have nothing at all to do with this particular issue ....

Bob
Old 09-21-2018, 07:51 AM   #77
JP Patches

2019 30' Classic
Eden Prairie , Minnesota
That's disturbing Turk- I'll pester our dealer today and report back. Ours is supposed to be finished 9/22.

Francesca- have you used the Propride tower jacks or something else to allow use of front locker? I'd tried the Straptek but didn't feel they were sturdy enough. Propride has "approved" my idea to use the Blue Ox Latch on the WD bars.
Anyone else gone this route?
JP Patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
I just got off the phone with AS. I called the dealer sales line (as I have 3 times before) and ask once again where is my trailer.

AS looked up my VIN number and said it was still there. She could not tell me why. She did say that they are having "production issues" with the Classic line and that they are behind in building that model. I told her that mine started production "on time" and finished going through the factory when it was supposed to. She said until it is released from production and the shipper is contacted and scheduled, it will remain here.

I told her I wanted to know exactly what the problem is with my trailer. I told her that my dealer has told me to head to Florida the trailer will be here and that we have made commitments and have to leave. She listened and said she would find out and return a call to me this morning.

The sad thing is, if we left tomorrow, the route we take brings us about one hour from JC and the plant. We actually could go visit our trailer!

We've already rented the U-Haul ($720), stopped our mail, emptied our home refrigerator, and packed all our clothes.

(phone is ringing it's AS)

Tom & Doty
Old 09-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #79
2 Rivet Member

2024 25' Trade Wind
Safety Harbor , Florida
@TURK123 - following your experience with ordering a new model. Fingers are crossed when the day finally comes, your AS is all that you're hoping for and brings many miles of smiles and satisfaction.
dog_tired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #80
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Patches View Post
That's disturbing Turk- I'll pester our dealer today and report back. Ours is supposed to be finished 9/22.

Francesca- have you used the Propride tower jacks or something else to allow use of front locker? I'd tried the Straptek but didn't feel they were sturdy enough. Propride has "approved" my idea to use the Blue Ox Latch on the WD bars.
Anyone else gone this route?

I own a 2017 Classic 30. I also use a ProPride hitch and love it. However, the towers do not block access to the front locker...because there is no front locker on a Classic 30, unless something has changed. I believe there is on the Classic 33 because it is a front bedroom.