Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2016 - Current Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #101
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Arrived in Fort Meyers, tomorrow is the day 😊
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_145440.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	326081[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181023_145142.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	326080  
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:23 AM   #102
meandher

2021 27' Globetrotter
Miami , Florida
good luck and happy travels
doc
Docv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:14 AM   #103
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Turk et al,
We purchased a 2019 30" Classic Twin yesterday. The dealer got it in last Friday. My wife and I took our 25' EB to the dealer for overdue annual maintenance. While I was walking through the work I wanted to be done, she went outside to look at trailers. Saved the annual maintenance costs, right?
Anyway, our new Classic didn't come with most of its manuals. The dealer is trying to get them but it appears they are on backorder. I have downloaded the Owners Manual. The dealer didn't know much about the Smart Systems including the WiFi repeater. There isn't much in the OM about it.
I anticipate a lot of questions as I try to figure this out myself. I don't want to clutter up the boards with questions unless everyone says please do.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #104
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Frog lips, congratulations on your new purchase, look forward to seeing your questions and comments in the future as we are all learning

We had an absolutely great experience here in Southwest Florida today. As Turk knows, this team here does not miss much, Kyle, Bruce, my contact Paula and the entire team here make the commissioning process look easy

The team had a small snafu to work thru during the process with a plugged AC drain line, but promptly and professionally addressed the issue , It was awesome to see and experience how complete and seamless the delivery process can be, when done right!

We departed to Naples this afternoon, and settled into czone and Alde school ...on our own. After several red wine ....mood adjustments... we found ourselves challenged and suspect our self training will go better in the am.

It seems apparent at first to make adjustments ect to the c zone and Alde systems but becoming more familiar will help immensely.

So far the cellular link has worked here in ATT country for czone functioning, but suspect in the hinterlands we will start to experience some challenges as Turk has experienced.

Day one is done😁

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5F35DC91-52EC-457D-886C-8B1ED1739A0A.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	326218  
Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Don't you just love it!

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:35 AM   #106
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Maineiac,
You are in our neighborhood We are in Ocala, FL. I look forward to hearing about your learnings and adventures in the Classic.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:24 PM   #107
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froglips View Post
Maineiac,
You are in our neighborhood We are in Ocala, FL. I look forward to hearing about your learnings and adventures in the Classic.

Frog lips, we will be traveling back through your area on our way to Tennessee next week. We will be looking for a new 30 Classic while passing thru your area

Turk’s WiFi gremlins hits us today��....., So we will be using some of the tricks he suggests , to see if it will become more useable. Thank you Turk for keeping us posted

Uncle Bobs recommendation on a full fresh water tank, for better front ballast, was tops on our list as we departed the dealership yesterday. The Classic felt full bodied, but solid on the road.

Otherwise the “personal” set up today that we did ....getting our things sorted into the unit and becoming more familiar with the systems continued in our new Classic 30. We are loving the it!

We enjoy so many of the features of this unit. The galley area with the full couch and dinette areas. The twin beds with great storage features and mobility areas are a plus over our former queen fb27 arrangement.

The c zone controls are going to take some time to get used to , but in the end I think are going to love this system.

We noticed an apparent gremlin in ....that when we put our system in cinema mode for our lights, our invertor kicks on?? Must be a programming thing ...but I need to spend some more time on sorting out that issue.

We did experience a shortage of hot water, only to remember that the Alde 3020 system must be in temp mode not continuous mode in order to provide reliable hot water. Changed that setting and we were fine.

Day two is in the books.

More Streaming tomorrow!
Old 10-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #108
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Crested Butte , Colorado
Our biggest learning so far is that you must be an Apple user to use the connected system for the Classic. The Android app is not released!! I can't even set up the router
Old 10-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #109
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froglips View Post
Our biggest learning so far is that you must be an Apple user to use the connected system for the Classic. The Android app is not released!! I can't even set up the router
That is a bummer Froglips, yes, my droid phone cannot locate the app either, coming soon! Fortunately we had a few apple products in the stable to get us into test mode.

Today we got set up with ATT , some of the problem why the coverage dropped the night before, I think the system works for 24 hours our so until you can get signed up. The cellular connection plan sign in process deleivered a couple of complications here, but the ATT rep was awesome working thru our sign in process.

The hitch was that when I entered my local address, ATT does not serve the area so they would not let me continue in the online sign up. I fudged a bogus address that has ATT coverage, and than proceeded with my credit card and real mailing address for the card, but that put my card company into tithers. So the plan did not go thru properly, Than the adventure plan would not show as an option from the ATT site...ugh

So as I called the ATT rep and while she was on one phone , we called the card company to clear the charge. Cynthia, at ATT said this was the first airstream account she had worked on and she was exceptional. She got everything set up and going again.

Also connected with Turks contact on the router and got that adjusted , soit seems to be working awesome!

On the other systems, everything is functioning nicely, no leaks, great hot water, good AC.

Day 3 is in the books and all is well and fun in the Classic 30 world
Old 10-27-2018, 10:11 AM   #110
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Having had activation issues with AT&T in the past (but not on this device): In some cases the only answer is to go into a legit AT&T store to work things out. They can't fix things at an "authorized reseller" but the floor reps at a store can access a lot of magic that apparently is past the authorization level of the typical phone rep.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:55 PM   #111
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Having had activation issues with AT&T in the past (but not on this device): In some cases the only answer is to go into a legit AT&T store to work things out. They can't fix things at an "authorized reseller" but the floor reps at a store can access a lot of magic that apparently is past the authorization level of the typical phone rep.

Bob
Uncle Bob, that is great advice, we have done the same thing with our phones at times to get things resolved. As I mentioned, I was so impressed yesterday with the ATT call support tech Cynthia yesterday, that I was tempted to drive to Texas to personally thank her , she was that good!

So regarding ATT service speed, the cellular connection has performed flawlessly today. Speeds have ranged , during peak regional usage of 2 mb down, to speeds of 10 and 12 mb down on some of the top end speeds at times of light regional cell tower usage. Certainly fast enough to do anything we were interested in.

The czone control system seems at times to be brilliant, modern and logical as you activate and deactivate functions, and at other times , you question whether the function you want is actually turning on or off. I suspect as we use this more the confusion will ease

My wife and I were commenting this morning that the Classic 30 (so far!) is everything we wanted for our style of streaming. It fits all of what we hoped for as an upgrade over our beloved FB27 International that we had parted with last spring.

Day 4 is in the books. Our road trip begins next week.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:51 AM   #112
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
Uncle Bob, that is great advice, we have done the same thing with our phones at times to get things resolved. As I mentioned, I was so impressed yesterday with the ATT call support tech Cynthia yesterday, that I was tempted to drive to Texas to personally thank her , she was that good!

So regarding ATT service speed, the cellular connection has performed flawlessly today. Speeds have ranged , during peak regional usage of 2 mb down, to speeds of 10 and 12 mb down on some of the top end speeds at times of light regional cell tower usage. Certainly fast enough to do anything we were interested in.

The czone control system seems at times to be brilliant, modern and logical as you activate and deactivate functions, and at other times , you question whether the function you want is actually turning on or off. I suspect as we use this more the confusion will ease

My wife and I were commenting this morning that the Classic 30 (so far!) is everything we wanted for our style of streaming. It fits all of what we hoped for as an upgrade over our beloved FB27 International that we had parted with last spring.

Day 4 is in the books. Our road trip begins next week.
Hi

If you haven't yet tried the Alde heat ... you are in for a treat when you do. It is a very impressive system.

Have fun !!!

Bob
Old 10-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #113
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Ormond Beach , Florida
Be prepared. We purchased our Classic 13 weeks ago. It has been in for repairs 9 weeks
and counting. Dealer informed us 2 days ago Airstream will not repair warped exterior
aluminum panels. Still waiting on other parts.
CaptainChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 05:41 AM   #114
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
2019 Classic

Captain, what you mean, Airstream won’t cover warranty repair? Our 2018 Classic 33 has been a disaster. Every time we camp, more problems. Major leak in ceiling this week at Alumalina. So far AS has covered all repairs but still out travel and related costs. Worst thing though is we’ve lost all desire to camp.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:33 AM   #115
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

In two years and well over nine months on the road, we have had exactly one major issue. That was a brake and we got it fixed (under warranty) before it turned into a disaster. Nothing else has happened that kept us from camping. Even the brake didn't stop the trip we were on, it just stretched things out a bit.

Could I list a bunch of minor stuff - sure. Is there an even longer list of "learning" on my part - you bet. None of it in any way was "major". Have I done this and that on the trailer?yup. That's been true of every RV I know of. We have not been back to a dealer for service (though I have bought parts). We have only been to JC for the brake issue.

Bob
Old 10-29-2018, 02:06 PM   #116
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
Be prepared. We purchased our Classic 13 weeks ago. It has been in for repairs 9 weeks
and counting. Dealer informed us 2 days ago Airstream will not repair warped exterior
aluminum panels. Still waiting on other parts.
Hi CaptainChaos,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can escalate it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-29-2018, 08:27 PM   #117
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

In two years and well over nine months on the road, we have had exactly one major issue. That was a brake and we got it fixed (under warranty) before it turned into a disaster. Nothing else has happened that kept us from camping. Even the brake didn't stop the trip we were on, it just stretched things out a bit.

Could I list a bunch of minor stuff - sure. Is there an even longer list of "learning" on my part - you bet. None of it in any way was "major". Have I done this and that on the trailer?yup. That's been true of every RV I know of. We have not been back to a dealer for service (though I have bought parts). We have only been to JC for the brake issue.

Bob

Bob, I believe having the entire 12 volt breaker panel shatter and cover the aisle major. Or what about the ceiling in the bathroom flooded with soaked insulation. Two drawers repaired 4 times (twice in JC) and still broken. Or no caulking around the entire shower stall. There’s at least 40 more problems and this is a 2018 Classic 33 that’s already been to JC twice in 3 months. Wonder why I have lost my desire to camp?
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:00 AM   #118
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
Bob, I believe having the entire 12 volt breaker panel shatter and cover the aisle major. Or what about the ceiling in the bathroom flooded with soaked insulation. Two drawers repaired 4 times (twice in JC) and still broken. Or no caulking around the entire shower stall. There’s at least 40 more problems and this is a 2018 Classic 33 that’s already been to JC twice in 3 months. Wonder why I have lost my desire to camp?
Hi

My point is that there are a lot of new trailers out there that really have no issues at all .... Saying that there *will* be major problems is only a guess.

Bob
Old 10-31-2018, 03:06 PM   #119
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Rockwood , Maine
We are one week into our Classic 30. So far all has gone well and we are very satisfied with our purchase!

We left a 2014 international Oynx edition 27 FB for the 2019 Classic 30 and have found that many of the things that we hoped we would like in the Classic 30 over that FB 27 have worked out as we hoped. Many of the features were already included in the Classic 30’s , that many of you have written about over the past few years. So this comparison has many discussions related to our upgrade from our 2014 Airstream

The rear twin bedroom has given us more convenient and accessible storage space in that area as well as much more flexibility in moving around the bedroom. We have enjoyed the tilt adjustable beds as well.

In the bath area we found the sink, mirror and roominess to be be more comfortable for us. The shower was pretty much the same with just some upgraded fixtures, which are nice.

The Galley and its living space we found the Classic to be more comfortable in the seating areas of both the couch and the dinette areas for our style of streaming. The roomier kitchen with larger sink, larger fridge have worked out as we hoped. Sitting in at night to watch a ball game or fav netflix movies has been more comfortable with the Classic 30 seating and television positioning.

The ducted air, which we did not have in the 14 , is a nice noise reduction feature when the AC is running.

We have lots of storage areas , some still open , after one week of ownership, let’s hope that stays that way��!

The smart RV app has worked awesome, my wife enjoys controlling the AC and heat pump from her phone, no flaws here so far.

I find my self checking the system levels, controlling the lights and other features with my iPad from the smart app as well.

The only oddity as I had mentioned earlier is the inverter kicking on in cinema mode and apparently from what I read in the manual it is programmed that way, so we just remember to turn it off after we dim the lighting system.

The ball is in my court, AS support has offered to reprogram, I just need to call them.

The Alde 3020 has delivered consistent hot water. We will test the heating system this weekend!

As I had mentioned before, the czone switch control panel systems in the Rv seems at times to be a revolution, nice, modern ect and at other times not very intuitive. We will learn this system eventually. We need to memorize each push button on each panel to get what you want at night or carry a flash light in order to get the right button the first time or just keep pushing buttons until you do! Minor from our perspective.

The main c zone panel is simple and straight forward, that performs nicely.

Our cellular connection has worked consistently, Turk has an update on that and by the sounds of it , we may experience similar issues eventually until reprogramming is done by the modem manufacturer.

But for us , .....so far so good. We like having a secure WiFi connection built in our Airstream.

Other general systems have worked flawlessly with no apparent leaks, issues or anything of concern.

We are pleased with our one week report card!

Happy Streaming to all.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #120
meandher

2021 27' Globetrotter
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
We are one week into our Classic 30. So far all has gone well and we are very satisfied with our purchase!

We left a 2014 international Oynx edition 27 FB for the 2019 Classic 30 and have found that many of the things that we hoped we would like in the Classic 30 over that FB 27 have worked out as we hoped. Many of the features were already included in the Classic 30’s , that many of you have written about over the past few years. So this comparison has many discussions related to our upgrade from our 2014 Airstream

The rear twin bedroom has given us more convenient and accessible storage space in that area as well as much more flexibility in moving around the bedroom. We have enjoyed the tilt adjustable beds as well.

In the bath area we found the sink, mirror and roominess to be be more comfortable for us. The shower was pretty much the same with just some upgraded fixtures, which are nice.

The Galley and its living space we found the Classic to be more comfortable in the seating areas of both the couch and the dinette areas for our style of streaming. The roomier kitchen with larger sink, larger fridge have worked out as we hoped. Sitting in at night to watch a ball game or fav netflix movies has been more comfortable with the Classic 30 seating and television positioning.

The ducted air, which we did not have in the 14 , is a nice noise reduction feature when the AC is running.

We have lots of storage areas , some still open , after one week of ownership, let’s hope that stays that way��!

The smart RV app has worked awesome, my wife enjoys controlling the AC and heat pump from her phone, no flaws here so far.

I find my self checking the system levels, controlling the lights and other features with my iPad from the smart app as well.

The only oddity as I had mentioned earlier is the inverter kicking on in cinema mode and apparently from what I read in the manual it is programmed that way, so we just remember to turn it off after we dim the lighting system.

The ball is in my court, AS support has offered to reprogram, I just need to call them.

The Alde 3020 has delivered consistent hot water. We will test the heating system this weekend!

As I had mentioned before, the czone switch control panel systems in the Rv seems at times to be a revolution, nice, modern ect and at other times not very intuitive. We will learn this system eventually. We need to memorize each push button on each panel to get what you want at night or carry a flash light in order to get the right button the first time or just keep pushing buttons until you do! Minor from our perspective.

The main c zone panel is simple and straight forward, that performs nicely.

Our cellular connection has worked consistently, Turk has an update on that and by the sounds of it , we may experience similar issues eventually until reprogramming is done by the modem manufacturer.

But for us , .....so far so good. We like having a secure WiFi connection built in our Airstream.

Other general systems have worked flawlessly with no apparent leaks, issues or anything of concern.

We are pleased with our one week report card!

Happy Streaming to all.
as a future owner of a 2019 30 foot twin I am following you and turk as well as common sense bob ( not short of any rivets imo) closely
I am so grateful for your stories. I am trying to prepare as good as I can so your comments are invaluable to me .
I hope to meet you guys so I can properly thank you
docv
Docv is offline   Reply With Quote