Old 05-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
Make/Model of OEM supplied DVD Player in Classic

Can someone here tell me the make and model no. of the DVD player installed by Airstream in the late model Classic? We purchased our '18 Classic M30 as a pre-owned unit of which the original owner had removed the DVD player. We want to purchase one and replace it to include fitting in the slot provided in the AV cabinet/box above the dinette.

'18 Classic M30 RFB w/AMSolar' 600w Victron Energy/V4 Lithium Power, ProPride 3P, etc.
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 09:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Itís the lower end Samsung Blu-ray model. I removed mine and replaced it with a PS4 and dongle for my phone. So I can play dvd in the PS4 and stream from either the PS4 or my phone direct to the TV. Are you married to the idea of the DVD player?

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:15 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
Itís the lower end Samsung Blu-ray model. I removed mine and replaced it with a PS4 and dongle for my phone. So I can play dvd in the PS4 and stream from either the PS4 or my phone direct to the TV. Are you married to the idea of the DVD player?
None whatsoever, we're just considering replacing it for the occasional use and at the same time, are not gamers.

'18 Classic M30 RFB w/AMSolar' 600w Victron Energy/V4 Lithium Power, ProPride 3P, etc.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewillia View Post
None whatsoever, we're just considering replacing it for the occasional use and at the same time, are not gamers.

Not suggesting placing a PS4 in there. Just that there are plenty of technology options besides DVD. For example, if you guys stream and no longer rent movies then you donít need the player and can just get a dongle. Can also download a lot of movies and fit them onto a portable hard drive. You can actually get both options for less than the cost of the DVD player.

Anyways. Sorry I couldnít help more. Looks like all DVD players have measurements on the box or website. If no one will uninstall their DVD player to give you the exact model number, you can measure the space and go from there. Itís a standard size, not custom by any means.

Follow our adventures!
Old 05-26-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
For visualization purposes

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2049.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	218.2 KB
ID:	368724Attachment 1

Follow our adventures!
Old 05-26-2020, 02:11 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Weatherford , Texas
If you do not need the DVD option, consider replacing it with an Apple TV. to allow you to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Hulu, and a bunch of others, in addition to being able to stream movies from your laptop/iPad; or you can mirror your computer screen on to the big TV to see your photos enlarged.

Have Fun & Stay Safe.
smmckean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:52 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmckean View Post
If you do not need the DVD option, consider replacing it with an Apple TV. to allow you to stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Hulu, and a bunch of others, in addition to being able to stream movies from your laptop/iPad; or you can mirror your computer screen on to the big TV to see your photos enlarged.

Have Fun & Stay Safe.
We have a 64G Apple TV we are hooking up as well, just considering replacing the missing DVD player (removed by original owner); also have a 2-In/2-Out HDMI 4k splitter.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:17 AM   #8
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
As Bigsxywhtguy said itís low end Samsung. I havenít seen a model number short of uninstalling it. My big complaint with it is no way to tell when it is powered on. There is no light to tell you itís on or off. I use the Harmony remote to control all A/V functions but you never know if you shut it off or not. IMHO I would find a better unit to install if you want the dvd.

JDG is online now   Reply With Quote