Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #41
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
I added some pictures of my flooring project to the forum if anyone here is interested. I know this is the 2016-current Classic section but I came here looking for information about Infinity LWV and others may as well. Thanks for the helpful info from you all. I love my new floor!

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f461...ml#post1967177
EasyStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:51 PM   #42
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Looks awesome! You're gonna love it, especially after having the lovely mauve carpet you described : )

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #43
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

If you do use a steam cleaner on the floor, make sure you have a way to get things good and dry. A couple of fans blowing air through the AS for a few hours should do the job. The same thing applies to carpets in your home .... Yes, if you are in 110F 4% RH land, it will take a lot less than a few hours

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #44
1 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Jackson , New Jersey
Hoping to revive this topic - woven flooring

I know this thread is old but we just bought a new 2020 30' Classic. Yay!
The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the flooring. (well, I'm not crazy about the silverware drawer next to the garbage pail under the sink...)

I do have a Golden and a long haired shepherd so there's always dog hair issues. Plus we do get in some sandy areas & my 9 year old doesn't always take his shoes off inside. But it seems like everyone loves the flooring (with one exception who may have gotten a lemon on the floor). Since this is older, does anyone have any new info or comments. Still all love the flooring? I'm wondering if anyone wants to suggest a vacuum that they love for this flooring. We all know there isn't much room to store things like vacuums so just a Dyson stick or anything else anyone may like that doesn't need constant charging? I don't think I really want a shop vac in there...they can be deafening as we all know. Thanks!
BlueSky1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
We love our floor. Keep our Dyson under the dinette bench. Fits like a glove broken down and the charger is able to conceal and charge in the drawer.

Cleanup is super easy. Floors are practically bulletproof.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:41 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Maybe we got a bad batch of flooring, but in a year and a half and about 11000 miles it has never come clean, despite all attempts including professional steam cleaning. It turns the bottom of our socks brown and has since the day we got it.

But even it this was not the case, we would still HATE it. You cannot sweep it. We try to not wear shoes in the trailer, yet small stones always get in and hide in the weave and they have to be vacuumed to be removed. The vinyl fibers in the floor cause quick wear and pilling on our socks in addition to turning them brown. Any moisture that gets on the floor immediately soaks into the foam backing and subfloor.

We ended up putting down carpet runners and are considering changing to Marmoleum in the long term.

In our opinion, this was not a good flooring choice for a trailer. It seems others are not having the same issues as us, so your mileage may vary.
We did eventually have our floor changed to Marmoleum, which is MUCH nicer and easier to clean. We ended up keeping the carpet runners, though, because the Marmoleuam proved to be slippery under our socks. Were we to ever get another Classic, we would pay whatever Airstream wanted to charge to get Marmoleum instead of the Infinity woven floor.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 07:38 AM   #47
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

The only vacuum that makes much sense to us is a Dyson portable / rechargeable one. The newer the model, the better a job they do.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:12 AM   #48
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
We still love ours. We use the Dyson to keep it clean and will use a damp towel to mop it when needed. Looks like the day we bought it and we have camped extensively for 4 years.
WBAC #5932
judyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 09:12 AM   #49
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
still looks great after 5 years of heavy use, we love it
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:01 AM   #50
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
I'm still loving my Infinity flooring. Upkeep is simple. I generally sweep it but sometimes use my Dirt Devil central vacuum to better get into the corners and crevices, I still think this is one of the better flooring choices for Airstreams (campers in general)... Sooo much better than carpet.
EasyStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:53 AM   #51
1 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Jackson , New Jersey
Thank you all so much for your comments. It's great to hear.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Butler , Pennsylvania
I've been full-timing in my 2018 Classic-33 for over two years now. At first I wasn't a big lover of the flooring, but now I am a believer. Is it waterproof? You bet! On a trip to JC, I was hooking up and turned on the water supply only to realize water after about 3-minutes, water was pouring out of the underneath of the trailer.

During my drive, the kitchen faucet shook open. Once I turned on the campground water, it came pouring out of the sink at full blast. The faucet was moved so that it didn't drain into the sink and it poured on the countertop, down into the range/oven and ultimately on the floor and into the bedroom area and out of the front of my trailer.

After soaking everything up with microfiber towels, everything was dry as a bone! I LOVE the flooring and it certainly saved me from a potential catastrophe.
RussRamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:25 AM   #53
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
We travel with a rubber band over the faucets securing the handles in the closed position to prevent this. Fortunately we never had a major issue but discovered the potential for it very quickly on our first trip down the road.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #54
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDG View Post
We travel with a rubber band over the faucets securing the handles in the closed position to prevent this. Fortunately we never had a major issue but discovered the potential for it very quickly on our first trip down the road.
It's easier to just leave the pump turned off. We always leave the pump turned off except when using water from the tank. Never had any problems in many 10s of thousands of miles towing several different Airstreams. This also prevents the pump from turning on at any other time the plumbing might spring a leak, like in the middle of the night, or when we are away from the trailer. No need to secure faucet handles ever.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Butler , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
It's easier to just leave the pump turned off.

The pump was turned off. My error was not checking the faucets were closed prior to attaching the city water connection.
RussRamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:54 AM   #56
JDG
Riveted

2018 33' Classic
Charleston , West Virginia
Overlander66
My pump was off as well. I only turn it on when needed. I also only secure with the rubber band when traveling down the road. More than once I have had the faucet handle vibrate/bounce into the on position. Even with the water pump off there is still residual pressure in lines which makes for a mess on cleanup. So the simple solution is the rubber band trick. I guess one could open the faucets with the pump off to drain the pressure off before travel. I prefer the rubber band much faster and no issues. Not a big deal and thanks for sharing.
JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:43 AM   #57
1 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Jackson , New Jersey
RussRamz -UGH! That's certainly a moment! Definitely a great plus for this flooring. Thanks so much for sharing. We haven't had a trip in it yet. We've got a couple planned but who knows with all this COVID-19 stuff if it'll be postponed. We had a FC with that laminate flooring before, so it was easy to sweep or mop. I've been worried the little bumps would catch the dog hair and dirt - but if it doesn't and it is super durable & waterproof, that'll be terrific.
Thanks everyone for your comments and tips! Stay healthy and safe travels.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:20 AM   #58
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Lake Charles , SW Louisiana
So for you more experienced owners with the Luxury Woven Vinyl flooring, do you mop it? and if so, what type of mop and cleaning solution are you using, i.e. sponge mop with warm water and a mild soap?

We're still in the process of deep cleaning our "new to us" 2018 Classic and the last item on our list is to clean the woven flooring. Have vacumend and it actually looks good but we suspect a good semi-deep cleaning should be the final step and from then on, the practice of maintaining it properly.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:53 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Sponge bath. Warm water with some pinesol or fabuloso is all you need. Hands and knees and just wipe it all down. Sounds labor intensive but it actually happens really quick.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #60
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
I use pine sol as well. I dip a towel in pine sol water and squeeze it out. Then just use my feet to move the towel around to mop it up. This is after we use our Dyson on it. We love it.
WBAC #5932
judyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote